User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Wow .. that's awesome ...you are a pro ...can't believe you are NEW to stacking ..LOL ...your stack will put most LD oldies to shame

You helped! Without your advice I may not have done so well! And there were some coupons I wanted to use and didn't, a couple because they didn't have and then one other cause the value was better spent elsewhere! But wow! It was pretty amazing!

I have done some other coupon shopping as well and sat down tonight and took pics, etc. $310 bought, $21 spent!

That is savings of $289 thanks to SC, wonderful people like you and hours and hours of coupon hunting!

Thanks all!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mfornalik View Post
    You helped! Without your advice I may not have done so well! And there were some coupons I wanted to use and didn't, a couple because they didn't have and then one other cause the value was better spent elsewhere! But wow! It was pretty amazing!

I have done some other coupon shopping as well and sat down tonight and took pics, etc. $310 bought, $21 spent!

That is savings of $289 thanks to SC, wonderful people like you and hours and hours of coupon hunting!

Thanks all!
    I think seapotato helped you .. I just copy pasted his thread .. I am sure you will be posting pictures of all your BRAGS soon @ LD

Hollyhill
    Trading Score
    357 (100%)

Well my stacking didn't go well....

I tried to do the 2 Green Laundry detergent and one green cleaner stack. The customer service person said the $5WUB3 coupon X 2 have to be divided evenly amongst all 3 items and because 3.33 is more than the cleaner I couldn't do it! I tried to say I don't think that is what is required by the coupon and she said it was.. She was very kurt and huffy. So I couldn't get any cleaners.
    The only other coupons I used were singles. I was so disappointed.

I am very upset too, I spend so much money here on diabetic medications and supplies and I can't believe how poorly I was treated. I think I may complain.
    I've never complained before but I am going to comment on the demeaner of this employee but also the $5 divided by 3 evenly rule... unless you think I shouldn't mention that?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

From my knowledge, it's not supposed to work like that. Or at least that's not how it's intended to work.

It's supposed to be buy 3, then the discount comes off the highest priced item. if they're all the same, it comes off one. if it's more than the price of the item, it spills over onto the next item in the 3.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I've always been told it works.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyhill View Post
    Well my stacking didn't go well....

I tried to do the 2 Green Laundry detergent and one green cleaner stack. The customer service person said the $5WUB3 coupon X 2 have to be divided evenly amongst all 3 items and because 3.33 is more than the cleaner I couldn't do it! I tried to say I don't think that is what is required by the coupon and she said it was.. She was very kurt and huffy. So I couldn't get any cleaners.
    The only other coupons I used were singles. I was so disappointed.

I am very upset too, I spend so much money here on diabetic medications and supplies and I can't believe how poorly I was treated. I think I may complain.
    I've never complained before but I am going to comment on the demeaner of this employee but also the $5 divided by 3 evenly rule... unless you think I shouldn't mention that?
    It's save $5 WUB 3.............cost should not be an issue, and when I have a problem like that I ask for a supervisor.

LD was very helpful! My cashiers name was Sandra, the Supervisor was James, and I called ahead to ask if it was OK if I stacked and he said that people come in and do it all the time saving about $100 to $120. At the time I said that I didn't think I had that much. He was still there when I needed the over ride and was amazed with my savings.

I would call and talk to them about their poor customer service, but I would mention the coupon as well. LD is usually really good with their customer service, and it may have made all the difference in your stacking experience. Also, you can always go to the customer service desk when stacking.

I didn't pay anything for my Green Works products. I had a $9 stack and bought two sets and didn't have an issue at all. Even with the different prices.

Hope this helps! And I'm sure there will be other input!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

I phoned the head office yesterday to get a clarification on the coupon rules because of rumors on the net, she said as long as the coupons come within a penny and don't go over the price you can use as many coupons as you want they do not have to be divided up that's just nut's if you have two different 5.00 coupons that total 10.00 and it says that you have to buy 3 products that's all you have to do is buy 3 products that are not less than 10.00.
    1-888-991-2299 is the head office number she sent me a copy of the coupon policy.
    Last edited by glenglen; Wed, Nov 10th, 2010 at 02:52 PM.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Has anyone tried to stack at a london drugs in the vancouver area?
    Im a little wary about the whole thing as Ive never stacked coupons before.
    thanks

Hollyhill
    Trading Score
    357 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mfornalik View Post
    It's save $5 WUB 3.............cost should not be an issue, and when I have a problem like that I ask for a supervisor.

LD was very helpful! My cashiers name was Sandra, the Supervisor was James, and I called ahead to ask if it was OK if I stacked and he said that people come in and do it all the time saving about $100 to $120. At the time I said that I didn't think I had that much. He was still there when I needed the over ride and was amazed with my savings.

I would call and talk to them about their poor customer service, but I would mention the coupon as well. LD is usually really good with their customer service, and it may have made all the difference in your stacking experience. Also, you can always go to the customer service desk when stacking.

I didn't pay anything for my Green Works products. I had a $9 stack and bought two sets and didn't have an issue at all. Even with the different prices.

Hope this helps! And I'm sure there will be other input!
    I did go to the customer service desk. Thanks for the back-up information.

Hollyhill
    Trading Score
    357 (100%)

Thanks for the phone number!!

Quote Originally Posted by glenglen View Post
    I phoned the head office yesterday to get a clarification on the coupon rules because of rumors on the net, she said as long as the coupons come within a penny and don't go over the price you can use as many coupons as you want they do not have to be divided up that's just nut's if you have two different 5.00 coupons that total 10.00 and it says that you have to buy 3 products that's all you have to do is buy 3 products that are not less than 10.00.
    1-888-991-2299 is the head office number she sent me a copy of the coupon policy.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BMyltoft View Post
    thanks
    I just got back from stacking at the LD on Victoria and 41st. I saved about $70 but I didn't get all I had planned to since I had to bus home The cashier I went to was really nice and rang all my items through then put my coupons in at the end not missing a beat. She said she was familiar with coupon stacking and as long as you're organized it should go through fairly quickly. Even then I felt kind of bad for holding up the line

Hollyhill
    Trading Score
    357 (100%)

I called!! Thanks glenglen... she was very nice, said the employee was completely wrong. Transferred me to the manager who appologized and said he would talk to that employee directly!
    I had a nice chat with him and he said 2 weeks ago someone came in and saved $400 just using coupons and price matching!!!! He had asked her where she had learned how to do this and she said she had taken "a course"!! Is that you seapotatoe?? I wonder who the mystery person is....

Thanks. i might just give this stacking thing another try.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbertha View Post
    What if all your b1g1's are the same upc for the old spice? Does the free bodywash count as "buying" a second product? I'm still getting 2 old spice products, regardless of whether one is free or not, right?

My thinking would be that I put up the the deo and bodywash, then hand the cashier the $3.00 and b1g1, so since the bw is free, the $3 would have to be taken off the deo, right?

I'm so confused I keep getting mixed answers.
    No, they won't accept this deal. The 'freebie' doesn't count as 'buying' a second item.

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BMyltoft View Post
    thanks

Yes, I do this all the time! Try buying one or two items to start using your stacked coupons. Once you get the hang of it, you can do bigger shops! It takes some organization and it helps if you pricematch too. You will get the hang of it and be hooked! I have saved hundreds of dollars a month by stacking!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

I forgot to mention, when I was at my LD they had coupons on their Green Works!

So, tomorrow stack attempt will be $3 Green Works coupon on bottle, $3 Green Works coupon from Websaver x3, plus a Save $5 WUB 3 on the Laundry detergent on sale for $7.99. I will pay a dollar plus taxes for three bottles of detergent if all goes well!

Plus, with the Green Works coupons in store, I can do another 4 stacks on Green Works cleaning supplies! Now my BF can take some home and clean his house for my next visit! Giggle!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

Hey! That was my 100th post!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information