User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We had our 32 week ultrasound. We were informed our baby is lower weight 1440 gram (<3.2 pounds). The doctor informed us nothing to worry about but we will monitor with another ultra sound. Are there proven methods to increase birth weight?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    112 (100%)

eat lots of high fat foods like bacon and avocado
    Win daily prizes worth $150 to $10000 sign up here!! I've won 3x $150 GCs since Jan.2012
    http://www.todaysdraw.com/?invite=5780

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I looked up and average for 32 weeks is around 1700g.

From this site - You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb.

http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pre...-weeks_1121.bc

How much weight have you gained already?

Ideas for weight gain -
    http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnanc...gh-weight.aspx

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Well I think that if you gain weight, your baby will too, right? So maybe eat foods with more fat in them? Also, I have heard that a lot of stress and lack of sleep and rest can cause a lower weight.....so take it easy and try not to get stressed out..

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

they had my son pegged at 4 pounds full term he was 6'13, they were way off. SO keep that in mind that they can just be wrong. You have 8 weeks left, if I were to guess I bet you the baby will end up being 6-7 pounds at full term if not more.
    Last edited by Sally888; Sun, Oct 17th, 2010 at 08:37 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

I'm with Sally! I was always told (even by doctors, midwives, techs, etc) that they really can't guess fetal weight via ultrasound. My friend recently delivered a 12+ pound baby, and even though she had an ultrasound two days before they had no idea he was actually so big. Remember that your baby is like a little parasite - they take all of the nutrients from you that they need. Obviously if there is a problem with the placenta, etc., then that can cause a slowing of baby's growth, but you eating extremely high fat foods will only cause you to get bigger. Too much sugar (or gestational diabetes) can lead to really big babies, too, but that's not actually healthy for the wee one! Try not to worry, and maybe check with your doctor after your next follow-up ultrasound? Only a few more weeks and you'll be snuggling that little one!

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

i take the cake on this one....because i had high blood pressure my doc said she thinks he's about 4 - 5 lbs AT BEST. All toward the end of my pregnacy that's what she kept saying, she would say don't be surprised if he's around 5lbs and really tiny etc....

well boy wasn't she wrong, he was 9lbs at birth and that's being induced RIGHT ON my due date!!
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for all your replies. We checked yesterday and now it is 2139 gram. So gained about a pound within a week.
    Baby wants to come out soon. Thursday (Oct 21) during our doctors appointment we were rushed to hospital, saying that the it is 2 cm dilated. Had some pain, but had no clue it wanted to come out soon.
    Right now in bed rest until delivery.
    Scary at first but much calmer now.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Good to hear it's lookin' up!

I was gonna post that I danno how to increase baby size, but like someone pointed out, this is when they usually pack it on fast... my daughter was born at 38 weeks (however, I argue it was actually 36... silly doctor and silly menstral thing)... and she was only 5lb 7oz!! Whole hoopla over her beign tiny AND a small head... scary scary time!! BUT she was, and still is, very very healthy (said her ears were a little sofeter than they should be.. and now they stick out a wee bit, LOL!).. hmm, she is 3 years old, now.. lol.. BUT still tiny!! Congrats on your litle one... let us know when baby arrives!!
    Last edited by SmackUTwice; Sat, Oct 23rd, 2010 at 08:22 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am posting behalf of my wife. She delivered a beautiful girl today (approx. 5 pounds). Both the girls are doing fine.
    It is first time being dad. It is a surreal experience

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Congratulations! Glad to hear that all is well-having a baby is an amazing experience

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by realinvestor View Post
    I am posting behalf of my wife. She delivered a beautiful girl today (approx. 5 pounds). Both the girls are doing fine.
    It is first time being dad. It is a surreal experience
    Congratulations! SO exciting, I'm glad they're doing well!

We have only the one child (he's four now) and when he was born we had absolutely NO experience. Embarassingly enough, we had to have the nurses show us how to change diapers! Until I had my own child, I'd never changed one! DH has nephews who are not much younger than him, he'd done it before, but it had been years.

I'll tell you too, nursing is hard in the beginning. While many will say that if it hurts you're doing it wrong, I disagree, I think in the beginning it just hurts! If that's what your wife wants to do, you really need to be supportive. I would have given up early if my DH hadn't pushed, hadn't called the mother/baby clinic and made an appointment for us to get help, hadn't called the public health nurse to come to our house to help, etc. I HATE asking for help, but in this case, I really needed it. It does get better though, takes about three or four weeks, but it does get easier.

Best of luck with your new baby girl! While you're going to wonder sometimes if you're meant for this, you're going to do just fine.

Z

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Congratulations to the new family! Good things come in small packages!

When I was pg with DD they told me when I was full term that she was only about 4lbs and that I was measuring as though I was due weeks later than my original due date, but according to my calculation based on my LMP she was born at 39 weeks and 5 days with no signs of prematurity, just blood sugar issues and she was 5.5 lbs.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Want to give everyone an update. Both girls are doing fine. It is hard for us to see DD in ICU. However, she is doing very well. She too had some blood sugar issues when she was born. However, the doctors told us she is doing well.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

It is hard to see your little one in the hospital! My thoughts are with all of you. My DS jaundice came on fiercely- we were out of hospital not even two days and then back in for two and a bit. I got to hold him, but only while wrapped in a special lamp blanket- it was difficult.

But, this time will pass so quickly. Once she gets a little bigger and stronger- well then all the fun will really begin!!!

Congratulations on your baby girl!! Enjoy her!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information