User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Is costco worth the money?

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Mine has gift cards for Wonderland, spa finder,resturants, movie...etc...

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I just realized you can order the GC online too!!! Including Costco GC.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    I just realized you can order the GC online too!!! Including Costco GC.
    Yes..and u just show them the Costco gift card at the the door and u do not need to buy a membership

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Yes..and u just show them the Costco gift card at the the door and u do not need to buy a membership
    Thanks for this! I need a few gcs for my DD's EAs. And, no need for that crazy membership fee!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Costco Pharmacy is also really good .. they have really low prescription charges as compared to other place ... & you DON'T need Costco membership to use their pharmacy as by law they have to give you access to it
    Okay reading this, an idea just came to me... could you not (I know they "check" your receipt on the way out) go in with a prescription, get it filled and shop to your hearts content? Even if you did it once, it may be worth it.

Also you mentioned getting someone with a membership to buy GC`s for you, didn't think of that! I know someone who has one.. will consider that too.

I used to have a membership through work (free). Just don't see the need for it since the nearest one is over 20 minute drive each way. I do miss the free samples (You could eat lunch there!) but do not miss the demolition derby with the carts and walls of people!
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theweaves_dad View Post
    Okay reading this, an idea just came to me... could you not (I know they "check" your receipt on the way out) go in with a prescription, get it filled and shop to your hearts content? Even if you did it once, it may be worth it.

Also you mentioned getting someone with a membership to buy GC`s for you, didn't think of that! I know someone who has one.. will consider that too.

I used to have a membership through work (free). Just don't see the need for it since the nearest one is over 20 minute drive each way. I do miss the free samples (You could eat lunch there!) but do not miss the demolition derby with the carts and walls of people!
    You need a membership card to go through the checkout and they flip it over and check your picture to confirm it's you.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    You need a membership card to go through the checkout and they flip it over and check your picture to confirm it's you.
    They definitely do that. When my brother was visiting, we sent him with DH's card once because we were working, thought it was easier for him to pick up something for us. They wouldn't let him, apparently they DO look at that grainy pic!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

If you don't want to buy a membership I think the best idea is to buy a Costco gift card

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    If you don't want to buy a membership I think the best idea is to buy a Costco gift card
    And it looks like you could buy it online. You can also use aeroplan to get a membership.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Love our membership. Especially for the meats, books, kids clothing, etc.. Like anything u just have to watch prices and know what things you can get elsewhere cheaper.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Been a couponer for a couple of years....but I still have my costco ex card. I have a family of 5 mostly, two teenage boys, one girl, myself and dh, and sometimes their friends...and then sometimes my parents and then my friends....let's just say the house usually has alot of people in it. I LOVE COSTCO MEATS. I go shopping every three months and spend 1000.00....i come home and spend 4 hours butchering the meat the way I want it. I buy the bigger cuts and then portion pack them for dinner. It is fabulous. Their supreme beef burgers are great!. I buy pork loins and cut them into 3. .....so that's about $7.00 per meal...and make tons of foods.1/3 of a pork loin just made 2 meals that we finished tonight....made scalloped potatoes with bake chops on top.ummmmm. Also we we buy their frozen chicken breast... they are bigger and tastier than other brands. Their frozen sole fillets are ind. wrapped and you can take out what you need. Very limited selection of things....The sandwich bread is large and cheap and tasty....great for when your boys each eat 4 slices of toast and then take 4 slices to make sandwiches. Don't get me wrong....i still shop EVERYWHERE else for the deals......I have two fridges and a deep freeze that gets well used!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

We picked up a brochure at the exit with the member perks
    - Auto and home insurance
    - Up to 25% off Avis or Budget car membership
    - Primus long distance, home phone and internet
    Plus cheaper gas at their gas bar – no line ups if you can go early in the morning

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Plus cheaper gas at their gas bar – no line ups if you can go early in the morning

I was using the coupon code for Budget, got some decent deals. But the car rental guy recently gave me the code for provincial government employees. I didn't think it would be any better, but was it ever! One of my rentals I had booked over the summer, I saved $200 on it!
    sweetmomma likes this.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Please don't go with Primus, their internet is full of problems and technicians will make you wait forever till they come and fix that. More than that, they will "eat" your time making you waiting for today but not coming at all. Very irresponsible!
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

But overall, yes, Costco is totally worth having a membership. Their prices are about 89% the same as you can see in other stores + using coupons. Sure, you have to watch for the prices, every store has its advantages and disadvantages. But Costco is a store with lots of pluses. Besides diapers, wipes, most of produce, we buy clothing and accessories almost only from Costco. Where can you find Cloudveil jacket for about $20 or DKNY shorts for the same price? Or Calvin Klein set for boys for about $25? Only in Costco, because name brand shoes, clothing and accessories are priced that low specially for Costco. My last treasure find is TheSak crochet purse for $39.99. Regular price is $99, but now is on sale for $69, and on American TheSak site (you know the shipping prices and customs duty taxes, definitely won't be shipped to you lower than $100).This one but in shades of blue:

http://www.thesak.com/cambria/cambri...e/playa-stripe

We are saving lots of money by shopping at Costco. Definitely much more than yearly $50 membership fee.
    Last edited by Mia; Tue, Jul 1st, 2014 at 10:13 AM. Reason: misprint
    GoJays and Shwa Girl like this.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information