User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

[

A great offer from Canada's #1 magazine...

https://secure.indas.on.ca/care/wls/Free-subscribe.php

"Send me TWO FREE SAMPLE COPIES of The Walrus without cost or obligation. If I like it, I'll pay your invoice for just $23.80 (all taxes included) and receive the balance of the year - 10 issues in all."

If you like what you read be sure to subscribe or if not be sure to cancel after receiving your second issue. Enjoy!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by lotus; Sat, Oct 16th, 2010 at 12:30 PM.

Senior Canuck ShoestringShopper's Avatar
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)

THanks!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you! That's awesome!

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

thanks

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanx.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, I've had so much trouble cancelling this type of freebie....is it just me?

I've gotten to 3 'reminders' and for each of them, I sent back the invoice with CANCEL printed in red Sharpie on it, and still they came in....sheesh!!I finally had to email and threaten them with harassment! It was Reader's Digest. Grr.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Oh, I've had so much trouble cancelling this type of freebie....is it just me?

I've gotten to 3 'reminders' and for each of them, I sent back the invoice with CANCEL printed in red Sharpie on it, and still they came in....sheesh!!I finally had to email and threaten them with harassment! It was Reader's Digest. Grr.
    readers digest is notorious for that! I won't accept anything that's even affiliated with them for that reason, in fear of the small print & that I'll have to fight out of a subscription with them.

luckily I've had the complete opposite experience with the walrus -- I've received a trial copy in the past and just called to express I didn't want to subscribe at this time and a very friendly rep took care of it right away, assuring me there'd be no charge. & I never heard from them again. great company!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

so I've received two great issues (one containing a free trial copy of canadian geographic) but unfortunately can't subscribe at this time. I'm just about to call to cancel my subscription to ensure there's no future charge, even though my account reads none.

just a heads up to do so if anyone else requested these trials. I've always found they're really easy-going, no-hassle reps at the walrus. you can either call 1-866-236-0475 or e-mail them at [email protected] to unsubscribe.

love this magazine, it's so clever & thoughtful. hope everyone enjoyed the read.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Great! received my free issues and just emailed them to unsubscribe, hopefully it works out! Thank you OP!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayley View Post
    Great! received my free issues and just emailed them to unsubscribe, hopefully it works out! Thank you OP!
    np kayley! just a heads up that although I e-mailed them right after having received my second issue, I never received a response so yesterday I called and confirmed the cancellation and confirmed that there would be no pending charges on my account -- the rep was great. it definitely works out by calling but hopefully you have a better time e-mailing.

Pannational Acquisitioner DarthMonkey's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was almost going to buy an issue the other day. Thanks!

Thread Information