User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Hi
    I was wondering where you can donate around Red Deer? I know there is a foodbank, womens shelter and womens outreach. Does anyone know anything about any of these places or different ones? My stockpile is getting big and I want to make a donation before Christmas. Any help would be great! Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    is addicted to saving money....

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Hitgirl

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I am currently working on one for the Teen Center....I can't recall the official name for it

*** update*** I've just emailed an old neighbour of mine who is on many of the boards & foundations in RD, and she is involved in many of the homeless/safe houses. So I've asked her to let me know which shelters are in need of donations....I'll update once I hear back from her ***
    Last edited by Eeyah; Wed, Oct 27th, 2010 at 11:51 AM.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Boys and Girls Club?

Salvation Army?

Pregnancy center?

Don't really know much about any of these places, lol. Volunteered with Boys and Girl club for several years tho. And did youth work at Sally Ann!

Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will check them out and look forward to hearing what places your friend says!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I donate to the Women's shelter downtown. When I donated in September they said they were in need of Shampoo/conditioner. Underclothes for Women. PJ's for kids and women of all sizes.

Just so happened I was donating Dove shampoo/conditioner etc. It was really rewarding. Check out my album to see what I donated.

Will be going shortly in the next few days to 1 of the men's shelter's. It is kiddie corner to 7-11 in lower fairview. I have heard great things about it.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    49 (100%)

That's awesome Coley3. Let us know how it goes with the mens shelter. Would love to hear!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So my "person" hasn't emailed me back (I know she got the email because I got the read reciept). But on the radio the news guy was talking about how the womens shelter (the one that takes moms & kids, sorry didn't catch the name of it) anyway it's full to capacity - 40 beds!! I'd say that's a great place to start with donations

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Thanks! Donate... what?! Personal care stuff?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmackUTwice View Post
    Thanks! Donate... what?! Personal care stuff?
    I'd guess that they would totally be in need of anything

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    22 (96%)

I give cleaners to the SPCA and they have a wish list you can look at on their website.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So sitting in traffic on the way home tonight (BAH! the 2A NEEDS more LANES!) some dude from CAWS (Central Alberta Womens Shelter - cawes.com) said that they are looking to fill 40 bags for women and 40 for kids. There is wishlist up on there site

I am quite sure just the few of us who are active on here could EASILY fill the order

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyah View Post
    So sitting in traffic on the way home tonight (BAH! the 2A NEEDS more LANES!) some dude from CAWS (Central Alberta Womens Shelter - cawes.com) said that they are looking to fill 40 bags for women and 40 for kids. There is wishlist up on there site

I am quite sure just the few of us who are active on here could EASILY fill the order
    "Your donation of items such as bathroom tissue & paper towel, fresh and frozen foods (meats, veg etc.), canned goods, fresh produce, beverages, dish rags, cleaning cloths, towels and dishcloths all help to reduce our operating expenses.

Due to health and safety regulations and a lack of space and resources our policy is to only accept the donation of new unused items. We do however work closely with other organizations and businesses whose mandate is to accept gently used items so that our clients have access to them at no extra charge."

Urgent List: http://www.cawes.com/urgent_needs.pdf

Looks like I have a project to do, lol!

Do I just drop it off at the shelter downtown?!
    Last edited by SmackUTwice; Wed, Nov 17th, 2010 at 08:53 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I would probably give them a call first, who knows they may even be able to pick it up for you

I've got a HUMUNGO package going out to BC the first week of Dec. My mom got asked to head up a sock drive for the homeless, and my hometown is rather small, so my entire stash is heading out there I will post pic's of everything before it goes...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

http://www.cawes.com/documents/Chris...shList_001.pdf

This is the link to the Christmas wish list

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmackUTwice View Post
    "Your donation of items such as bathroom tissue & paper towel, fresh and frozen foods (meats, veg etc.), canned goods, fresh produce, beverages, dish rags, cleaning cloths, towels and dishcloths all help to reduce our operating expenses.

Due to health and safety regulations and a lack of space and resources our policy is to only accept the donation of new unused items. We do however work closely with other organizations and businesses whose mandate is to accept gently used items so that our clients have access to them at no extra charge."

Urgent List: http://www.cawes.com/urgent_needs.pdf

Looks like I have a project to do, lol!

Do I just drop it off at the shelter downtown?!
    Yes. You can just drop it off there. That's what I do. I might put a few things together again for them. I'll check the Christmas wishlist. Working on the Operation Christmas Child boxes right now.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information