User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Please help I need a cheap home phone and internet provider. I am really tired of Bell`s bills.
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Depends where you live?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live in Richmond Hill, ON

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

you could try Distributel we are switching to them as its High Speed Cable Internet and a Complete Home Phone with 8 calling features its $57.40 so with tax the guy said it would be $64.something. It is $80 for the install, but where I live there is no cap on my download/upload but its only 7.5mbps to 10 mbps. But thats what I get 10mbps 40g download a month from bell right now and phone with caller ID and we pay something like $100.00 or more as we go over the download every month.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabina View Post
    you could try Distributel we are switching to them as its High Speed Cable Internet and a Complete Home Phone with 8 calling features its $57.40 so with tax the guy said it would be $64.something. It is $80 for the install, but where I live there is no cap on my download/upload but its only 7.5mbps to 10 mbps. But thats what I get 10mbps 40g download a month from bell right now and phone with caller ID and we pay something like $100.00 or more as we go over the download every month.
    Yes Distributel is good .. I am with 3 WEB which is now owned by Distributel ...Teksavvy is not bad either ..make sure you go for their unlimited bandwidth option ( few bucks more ) , so that you don't get a nasty surprise on your bill

I only pay $ 28 / month for unlimited high speed internet .. there is no cap or no restriction whatsoever on the bandwidth usage ... I can upload , download , watch videos , you tube etc for as long as I want & there are NO extra charges ...I can be on the internet 24/7 & stream videos , songs etc and I won't pay a penny more than $ 28 .. the same thing if I do with ROGERS / BELL I will get a HUGE bill as they will say I went over my limit .

Both Bell & Rogers are a rip - off they will charge you heavily when you go above their cap ( restriction ) bandwidth .

Usually 1 hr of video streaming online ( you tube etc ) = 1 GB of bandwidth , so if you have limited ( cap or restriction ) on your internet usage , they will rip you OFF .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabina View Post
    The 8 calling features are great ... BELL charges an arm & a leg for its calling features ...they ( BELL ) wanted almost 10 bucks from me just for CALL DISPLAY on my home phone
    Complete Home Phone

• Includes all 8 popular calling features:
      • Call Display
      • Call Forwarding
      • Caller ID Block
      • Call Waiting
      • Visual Call Waiting
      • Speed Dialling
      • Voice Mail
      • 3 Way Calling

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you everyone. I knew it that Rogers and Bell are ripping us off. I will also switch my Rogers cell plan I can`t to wait til the contract ends. They have the worst service ever.

Thread Information