User Tag List

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

I would like to know what others think of this.

http://www.metronews.ca/vancouver/lo...o-killed-girl-

I have read a few articles about this case and honestly I am disturbed by some peoples thoughts. This woman was driving after having 3 glasses of wine, and she was going 40+ over the speed limit on a road with speed bumps. She lost control and slammed into a parked car on the side of the road, which in turn hit a 4 year old girl and her aunt, killing the girl and injuring her aunt.

Now when I say I am disturbed by some peoples thoughts....I was reading a different article about this case and people were saying that we should forgive this woman because she didn't "intend" to kill the girl, others said it was just a "traffic accident" and things like this happen "all the time". Now I don't know about the rest of you, but it is certainly not every day that I see someone slamming into a parked car on the side of the road and killing someone. While she may not have had enough alcohol in her system to be over the legal limit, she was clearly "impaired" in one way or another because only an idiot is doing 40+ over the speed limit, period.

Thoughts, anyone? Am I being too harsh?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

She got charged with impaired driving, so she must have been over.

Glad it's 2.5 years so she sees prison, not just jail.

I wish ALL sentences for vehicular manslaughter would be higher!

Just recently in our city, a man was sentenced to only 26 months for killing a cyclist while street racing. The guy he was racing with got 11 months. That's just crap.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That is horrible. I know here where I live, one town over a man was mowing his lawn and a person was impaired, went up over the lawn, critically injuring the man, hitting his car and his house, then the guy tried to run away.

What will he get, probably a fine for not yielding to a pedestrian and driving intoxicated, probably no jail time.

I am absolutely disgusted with people that drive while under the influence of anything, whether that be alcohol, illegal or legal drugs or even lack of sleep. If your judgement is impaired don't drive.

I have no patience for drunk/drugged drivers, there is no excuse. If it was an emergency call an ambulance, if you need to get home, call a cab. If your town doesn't have cabs, then either don't drink or drink at home unless you have a sober way to get home or a place to stay that you do not drive to.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

If that ever happened to my child, you bet your sweet bippy I would fight for this person to get the maximum as well!

You can't put a price on a life, but for crying out loud, she was drunk! I hate using the word impaired, because it's as if they're making it sound like her vision was impaired because of fog, or blinding lights, or something...DRUNK is the proper term, and there should be zero-tolerance everywhere!

I say to that family, FIGHT! Fight for your little girl, fight for her aunt! Make this lady regret what she did, and make her pay for her actions! 2 1/2 years is not going to cut it, and as for her lawyer appealing her sentence, it disgusts me!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

This is Canadian Justice for you. I love my country, but I feel Canada is too lenient with its criminals.

Its not like she ran a stop sign, she killed someone. She should have gotten at least 10 years for her crime.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    That is horrible. I know here where I live, one town over a man was mowing his lawn and a person was impaired, went up over the lawn, critically injuring the man, hitting his car and his house, then the guy tried to run away.

What will he get, probably a fine for not yielding to a pedestrian and driving intoxicated, probably no jail time.

I am absolutely disgusted with people that drive while under the influence of anything, whether that be alcohol, illegal or legal drugs or even lack of sleep. If your judgement is impaired don't drive.

I have no patience for drunk/drugged drivers, there is no excuse. If it was an emergency call an ambulance, if you need to get home, call a cab. If your town doesn't have cabs, then either don't drink or drink at home unless you have a sober way to get home or a place to stay that you do not drive to.
    I agree with you 100%

What is the maximum a cab would cost to get you home safe and have saved this terrible disaster!! A hundred bucks? If you can afford to drink you should be able to afford to get a taxi. What has the justice system stooped to? What is the value of a life lost? Why can't these people just be given higher sentences and made to do hard labour? Pathetic, they get free educations and food cooked for them, yet my kids end up with student debt!! If these criminals do not own a home there are no property taxes to pay even. Horrible that our great country does not deal more seriously with these misfits.
    Last edited by couponclipingjerk; Mon, Nov 15th, 2010 at 09:36 AM.

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Our justice system is all screwed up. Killing someone is killing someone, no matter how you slice it. Not pre meditated obviously but drinking and driving is no "accident" and I hate when they use that term. Poor little one and her family. I agree with Diamond, she should serve 10yrs, at least.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thats all?? 2.5 for killing someone?Didnt the singer brandy kill someone while she was impaired and get fines dropped and disnt get any time in prison

Thread Information