User Tag List

Trading Score
    422 (100%)

Hey all!
    I was at Walmart today (gosh I love that store!) and they were all out of the 4L bags of 2% Natrel milk. So I asked an associate if there was any in the back and he said "Sorry, we're all out---BUT I can give you 2x 2L of Natrel for $2 each, just tell the cashier that Joel from dairy approved it." OMG! I never knew that they did this, has it happened to anyone else? The guy was a regular associate, not a manager! At the cash I told the cashier and she put it through no problem.......New policy???
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

never heard of it.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Not quite the same, one time I had a coupon for something they were out of stock and she said that they would let me buy another similar product and still use the coupon
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think you lucked out! WTG.

Trading Score
    176 (99%)

thats a great deal. So good of them to do that for you!
    Andrea
    My Blog: http://andreasfitness.blogspot.com

I joined Swagbucks and made $25 in 3 weeks! Its so easy! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rhiannon1891

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

I had the same thing happen to me with Smuckers jam!! The 500ml jar was on sale for $2.97 and they were sold out! So the lady (not a manager either, just a really sweet employee) said that she would give me (2) 250ml jars for the same price - "just tell the cashier that Mary approved it!" AND I had no problem either

Better yet...I had a coupon for the jam! $1 off and since I was now buying 2 jams, the cashier let me use 2 coupons! So .97 cents for 500ml of Smuckers jam!!!

I think this is a great policy/approach to take when something is on sale and out of stock - if there are smaller sized products that equal the same amount - why not!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I know when I had it happen it was the department manager who approved the price adjustment. I needed flea drops and the ones I usually use were out of stock so they let me have the higher priced ones for the lesser price so I didn't have to try another store for them.

It never hurts to ask.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lots of stores do it, I've had it done at Sobeys, WM, Save on Foods - It's not something that I specifically ask for, and it's not something that happens often, but yes it is sorta common I LOVE it when it does though!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

well-run stores & diligent employees will offer this................stores have a varying number of different sale price points throughout the year, so they're not losing money to give you this deal........good for the employee for offering this for you.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think they might have a policy where if they're out of something, they might sell you a comparable item. Nice deal you scored.

Thread Information