Quote Originally Posted by amymichelle2 View Post
Can you please find the link to where it says that? I tried looking and couldn't find it.

I agree that others paid $50 for those points, but I also paid $67 and didn't receive any points. I also bought the vitamins which should have given me 250BP, but I didn't receive that either. With all the voiding and adding $0.01 to my bill, I really don't know what I paid in the end to be honest. I think the least they could do would be to give me 20x points for the hassel. It's customer service, and it would actually bring me back to SDM since i'm considering not shopping there anymore. Considering a few thousand people have viewed this thread, I would hope SDM would want to do something about this issue.

First, I didn't complain that i had to drive 20 minutes, I was just stating a point that it was inconvenient for me, especially during the holidays. I'm lucky to have a car, as the bus would take an hour there and back. 20 minutes is an understatement. If anyone lives in Victoria, it's called the Colwood Crawl and can take over an hour to get there. Anyways, I wasn't rude at all to the cashier, as she is just a regular person like you and I. I realize it wasn't her fault, however I feel that the manager hid behind her phone and made the poor young cashier handle it by herself. I've worked in customer service as well so I know it's not their fault and i never said it was. It just makes me feel belittled when the 2nd cashier is scoffing, sighing, and scowling at me as I explain my issue. Yes, no cashier is alike, however it still gives your company a bad rep when there is a cashier like that. Anyways, I don't want you to take this the wrong way, I just felt like i had to defend myself against some of the comments. I've actually never asked for SCOP in my life, and have taken back maybe 10 items back in my life (at other stores, not just SDM).

Hi Amy Michelle,

Glad to hear you had things sorted out at least somewhat. The Shoppers Hotline is always really good at giving people extra points and whatnot when they are at fault (although it certainly doesn't replace the frustration you felt).

I don't have any link to the SCOP policy. This is just what we are instructed to do in our district. I know that it is different in different places and that with some finessing and complaining or threats for complaints, you can pretty much get the full SCOP policy. It is absolutely your right to ensure you get the proper price or be compensated otherwise - please don't feel bad for asking. The other cashiers you described seem less interested in their jobs then they should be and that just makes a bad situation worse.

I wasn't suggesting anything about you in particular and your experience with customer service regarding my comments about "paying attention to the bill". It is a practice I myself try to remember @ every store I go to as a customer. It just makes its easier and less difficult to repair if there is an issue. I know how exhausting it is to try and explain yourself or an already complicated situation after the fact so I was merely making a suggestion.

Let me be clear to everyone: I don't have a thing out for customers. I was posting to try and be of some help, nothing more. I like my job (unless I'm verbally assaulted by someone - yes it happens) and am always willing to go out of my way to help customers with whatever I can.

*OH* and for coupons - our district does not restrict quantities as long as the coupons are valid and the purchase is within reason (i.e. shelf clearing etc.). The only issues we encounter usually are customers that want to purchase products different than those on the coupon, or when the coupon value is more than the sale price of the product. But yes, Coupons count as cash so they won't detract from your points total!

Happy Shopping!