User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone can enlighten me on SDM's policies about limits. I bought 6 deodorants (Gillette) 4 were 1.99 and 2 were 2.50 as I was over the limit of 4. But Shaving creme was also supposed to be 1.99 (Limit of 4) and rang up as $2.50 and the 1 Old Spice deodorant that I purchased also rang up as $2.50. does this apply to all those products? not 4 of each type/brand?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Shawn

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It will apply to the first of each kind and the others will be reduced to the advertised rate
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stemmy View Post
    Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone can enlighten me on SDM's policies about limits. I bought 6 deodorants (Gillette) 4 were 1.99 and 2 were 2.50 as I was over the limit of 4. But Shaving creme was also supposed to be 1.99 (Limit of 4) and rang up as $2.50 and the 1 Old Spice deodorant that I purchased also rang up as $2.50. does this apply to all those products? not 4 of each type/brand?

Any help is appreciated.
    Regards,
    Shawn
    If they are all listed/pictured together in the flyer then you can only get 4 of ANY of them, not 4 of each type.

They do this all the time with cookies/crackers.... they will list/picture them together then you can only get 4 total at the sale price.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I had the same experience in a GTA store outside of Toronto. The cashier said they had problems updating their system. She had to manually change each item to reflect the sale prices. It's not the cashier's fault. The 20x points worked fine.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi there,

I have been an avid browser of SC for a couple months. Today I ventured over to the forum after seeing the post about Shoppers - where I am an employee in Ontario.

First, let me apologize to the OP for the amount of mess she has encountered.

In this case, absolutely the difference in prices should be refunded to the advertised prices for the Fri sale, regardless of whether or not the sale "talkers" (what you call price stickers) were up.

With regards to SCOP, to my knowledge only one item is eligible for reimbursement. Our website gives details on how they handle the code. For example, even if 5 different items scan up on your receipt wrong, we will correct the prices but only 1 item (you can choose) will be given to you for 0.01 (free - we have to record something in the system).

I'm sorry your experience when going back to the store was so rough. It is true that we need the items to scan them into the refund system - most stores don't have the new bar-coded bills that automatically store all purchase items. This is frustrating for you as well as us, we know.

In regards to 20x the points, I have to disagree with what most people are saying. If you haven't reached the 20x the points with the new adjusted bill, you are not entitled to the 20x. Every other customer (with the correct systems of course) had to spend the 50.00 before tax to receive the 20x the points. Shoppers should absolutely refund your difference, and perhaps a perk or two for your trouble, but 20x the points can be a lot of points if your bill total is high. Also, customers make the choice to use SCOP, if that brings your bill below the 50.00's, you have made the choice to do so and must therefore buy an additional product(s) if you want the points.

I'm sorry that you had such a rough experience when going back to the store. Please remember not all cashiers are alike. On very busy days, it is impossible to check every customers items are the right price, nevermind memorize them all in the first place (especially with bulk pricing etc.). The best advice I have is to be attentive and check that your items are ringing up correctly BEFORE you pay. I never have a problem checking for a customer, and if the computer is wrong we can honour SCOP on the spot. Complaining that you had to drive xx number of minutes back to the store does not make me feel bad for you, but just makes me wish you had paid attention before handing over your hard earned dollars. I don't mean this to be offensive, or attacking the OP (absolutely SDM messed up here), but this little bit of vigilance saves A LOT of hassle.

Lastly, someone asked about limits. 2-day sale items are usually limit of four (except eggs and sometimes shrimp rings) but sometimes there is an "after 4" price. This is still cheaper than the regular price (its the same as the "rest of week" sale price). All items pictured together are under the same limit. For example, chocolate bars are 4/2.00, you can only buy 4 total at that price; not 4 o henry, 4 kitkat etc.
    Please don't ask the cashier to split up your bill. We generally aren't allowed to do this unless you have more than one person with you and especially aren't allowed when there is an "after 4" price, that is what it is there for. Also, please don't complain about limits. I appreciate that sometimes its great to stockpile toliet paper or you may have a large family, but this is something Head office decides, not the franchisee and it is actually in place to make sure everyone gets some not one person getting all. Trust me, if there were no limits, we wouldn't have eggs after 8:05 in the morning and then you would be more upset.

If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer them to the best of my ability! Good luck and happy shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I went Friday morning and all items were on display shelves, but half the sale prices were not posted. Considering it was New Years Eve, maybe they were just short staff or back logged from Boxing Week Traffic.

I checked my receipt carefully, but everything rang in correctly per the flyer.

I filled out the Shoppers Survey on the receipt to give feedback to the store.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stemmy View Post
    Hello All,

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Shawn
    It's a limit of 4 combined.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

You didn't get your 20x the points? That is super duper weird. What time did you shop at?

Awesome
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Re: SCOP -- There seems to be some confusion about how many items you get free (or discounted by $10). Here's how it works:

The FIRST item is free, or if the corrected (ie. lower) price is over $10, you get a discount of $10. For example, if the item was signed up at $15 & scanned at $20, you should pay $5 for it.

Any subsequent items WITH THE SAME BAR CODE, you pay the corrected (ie. lower) price.

If you have a bunch of items that scan incorrectly & they each have different bar codes, as per the SCOP rules, you are supposed to get ALL of them free. It's not *one* SCOP per transaction. It is one SCOP per UPC that scans incorrectly.

The other poster who works for SDM is absolutely incorrect -- you do not have to pick & choose which item (from among the many you had scan incorrectly, which had different UPC's) you'd like to apply SCOP to & get it free.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

In regards to 20x the points, I have to disagree with what most people are saying. If you haven't reached the 20x the points with the new adjusted bill, you are not entitled to the 20x. Every other customer (with the correct systems of course) had to spend the 50.00 before tax to receive the 20x the points. Shoppers should absolutely refund your difference, and perhaps a perk or two for your trouble, but 20x the points can be a lot of points if your bill total is high. Also, customers make the choice to use SCOP, if that brings your bill below the 50.00's, you have made the choice to do so and must therefore buy an additional product(s) if you want the points.
    Employees and HO can say this until their blue in the face, but coupons (2001) are counted as CASH. You can reduce your bill with coupons and still get 20x the points (or get them counted towards a particular promo - for example the Gillette spend 25$, get X amt of points promo. I used the B1Gfreebodywash coupon [which was entered as 2001 because customer was to pay all taxes] I only spent about 10$, but got the bonus points as if I had spent 25$). You can still BUYING the product. You do not have to spend 50$ AFTER coupons to receive the points.

edit: perfect example of this is when i had two FPCs for the cottonelle wipes. they were on sale so im like well might as well buy the two since im here. since they were "free" the cashier didnt want to scan my optimum card. im like theres bonus points..and shes like but they are free blah blah. she asked anotehr cashier who was like you cant get the points blah blah. im like whatever, ill just complain to HO. when it printed out the receipt it said "you could have earned 1500 points if you swipped your optimum card" im like I TOLD YOU! and then this other cashier came over and added the points manually. yes i got them for "free" but they still went through the system and are registering as having been purchased, thus i am entitled to the bonus points.

And, as the previous poster said, your interpretation of SCOP is completely wrong (sorry!). Its one item per UPC, not one item TOTAL. If OP came up with 4 different kinds of juices (one orange, one strawberry, one berry and one lemonade) and all rang up incorrectly, she is entitled to ALL of them free, not just one.

I hate when customers know policies better than employees. I had an argument with a SDM cashier the other day regarding 2001/2002 and shes like "well i was told to do it like this and im the supervisor). I told her i wasnt going to argue, but i'm like if a supervisor doesn't even know how to apply coupons....yikes.
    Last edited by Starbaby55; Tue, Jan 4th, 2011 at 02:56 AM.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I have the exactly the same experience on 2009. At the end, I got all items Scop (3 different size of diapers, so 3 different UPC). Didn't want to argue with SDM too much coz they were not hornor SCOP on multiple items, neither their HO. So I email to Canadian Association of Chain Drug Stores which a organization supports SCOP. Below is the email with a Membership and Trade Issues Coordinator of Canadian Association of Chain Drug Stores. After his last email, SDM called me and asked me to get money.

So just keep your receipt, never feel too late.

Below is the complaint email, I hope it helps

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning Candice,
    I just wanted to advise you that you are correct with the complaint that you against Shoppers Drug Mart. You’re entitled to receive $10.00 off the shelf price for each item. Although the products were diapers all 3 were different in sizes and makes.

I also need some information from you, can you send me your full name, phone number, location of the store, and what date this occurred on.

If you have any issues please call and leave a message on the general pharmacy hotline @ 416- 943-7308

Thank you

Ryan Ellis
    Membership and Trade Issues Coordinator
    Canadian Association of Chain Drug Stores
    416-226-9100 x216
    Email: [email protected]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ryan

Thanks for your replying.

We went to the Shoppers Drug Mart for the SCOP(scanner code of practice) this Monday(July 6),coz the sale ended on Tuesday, so we had to go there before they take the sale price tag off (which is our evidence). We wish we could receive your support email earlier that we can bring and show them more powerful.

A lady cashier named Sandra helped us to process this case, we showed them the different diapers photo which had been taken in our cell phone to prove they were the different product. After half hour's argument. The lady only gave us one $10 for the SCOP, because the store manager told her we can only get the first one for SCOP, however they were different UPC code, but they were all belong to one brand in one receipt.

After this case, I feel comfused. Is the Item Free Scanner Policy direct at the Band or the UPC code?

What else can you suggest us to do?
    Thank you

Candice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Ryan,

I was so suprised got the call from Shoppers Drug Mart head office on last Friday. And got back the rest $20 for the Scop smoothly. Thank you for your help. You not only educate and train the store on The Item Free Scanner Policy deeply, but also protect customers' legal rights.

Again, thanks.

Best regards.

Candice
    Last edited by michi; Tue, Jan 4th, 2011 at 07:29 AM.

Official Shoppers Drug Mart ShoppersDrugMart's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Coupon issue:

At Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix customers are allowed to redeem one vendor coupon per product, where the coupon states “limit one coupon per purchase”, or “not to be combined with any other offer”, etc. If there are multiple coupons where no limit is stated for the same products, we will only allow one coupon within the transaction.

Coupon offers are variable and therefore particular attention must be paid to the details on the coupon to ensure the customer has met the minimum pre-tax or product purchase requirement. All coupons must have manufacturer information, a valid expiry date and country of origin. Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix will only accept coupons valid in Canada and cannot redeem manufacturer coupons that were printed in the United States of America.

We do make every attempt to accommodate and accept coupons brought to our locations by our customers. If we do not feel that it is a valid coupon or is missing any of the required information needed we do reserve the right to refuse acceptance of a coupon.

We apologize for any inconvenience that may be caused as a result and will do our best to provide excellent customer service to all customers that have a concern regarding this issue.

20x the Points and pricing issues:

On Friday December 31st we became aware of an issue in our system that impacted a limited number of Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix locations. Once we became aware of the issue we corrected the problem immediately, thus only affecting stores for a short period of time.

Shoppers Drug Mart does adhere to and honor the Pricing Accuracy Code of Practice. If you do have concerns with purchases made on that particular day please bring your receipt back to that location so the error can be corrected. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix Customer Service

Last edited by ShoppersDrugMart; Tue, Jan 4th, 2011 at 05:22 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

If there are multiple coupons where no limit is stated for the same products, we will only allow one coupon within the transaction

What does this mean?

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I have an email from Proctor and Gamble stating that on their coupons, which state "one per purchase" they mean one per item purchased NOT one per transaction. Many SCers have similar emails from different companies. I guess Shoppers Drug Mart doesn't want to honour the issueing company's intentions?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

One coupon per transaction is just ridiculous and completely not the intention of most companies. Cmon SDM, buck up!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information