User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    28 (91%)

..I searched and couldn't find the actual policy if someone has posted it.

I have two $2 off coupons for Stayfree pads from the manufacturer (I just got them in the mail today - they have the holographic image on them).

I went to buy two $1.99 packs and they said they wouldn't take them. I asked her why, and she didn't have an answer for me There were two tills open and about a dozen people waiting to check out and she looked frazzled.

Anyone know if I am allowed to use a $2 off coupon on the packs that are on sale for $1.99?

Thank you!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you just buy 1 stayfree at 1.99$ and the coupon is 2.00$ then the system wouldn't allow her to take it, but if you buy something over that amount, then it would let you. I don't understand why but when my cashier entered it the monitor said something like "no item being sold for this coupon" and I really saw it!

About coupon policy, it really depends on the store or cashier you deal with, some store/ cashier just ring it through pretty easy, but some store even doesn't accept the Bonus Optimum Point Coupon from SDM website, which is really crazy!
    Last edited by thien_nga; Fri, Dec 31st, 2010 at 09:51 PM.
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The system does not know what the coupon is for so it will let her take it but unless it specifies tax included they wont take it (and since you can have a $2 coupon for a $5 item the computer really doesn't know if there is a product for that amount unless its a scannable SDM coupon)

My local WM said they had legal issues taking a coupon worth more than the product because
    - the coupon specifies that it is on a certain item and the penny would be taken off another item which goes against the coupon policy
    - if they reduce the coupon amount they still get back the full amount which is fraud
    - if they increase the item amount you can claim SCOP

But I always remind them that tax is included in coupons and they usually take it
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    28 (91%)

Quote Originally Posted by thien_nga View Post
    I don't understand why but when my cashier entered it the monitor said something like "no item being sold for this coupon" and I really saw it!
    That is what it said for me too. Would it be worth trying again with a different cashier tomorrow? and telling her that taxes are included in the coup?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
    ..I searched and couldn't find the actual policy if someone has posted it.

I have two $2 off coupons for Stayfree pads from the manufacturer (I just got them in the mail today - they have the holographic image on them).

I went to buy two $1.99 packs and they said they wouldn't take them. I asked her why, and she didn't have an answer for me There were two tills open and about a dozen people waiting to check out and she looked frazzled.

Anyone know if I am allowed to use a $2 off coupon on the packs that are on sale for $1.99?

Thank you!
    I don't have the official policy, but my SDM won't take a coupon for more than an item price is - yes, even a penny - and they won't adjust them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
    That is what it said for me too. Would it be worth trying again with a different cashier tomorrow? and telling her that taxes are included in the coup?
    If the machine said that, there's nothing you or that cashier can do, unless she adjusts the value of the coupon to 1.99$!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There's also the issue of the coupon possibly saying that it's 2.00 off the REGULAR price of the item. I got turned down for that on Stayfree as well.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CheapFloozie View Post
    There's also the issue of the coupon possibly saying that it's 2.00 off the REGULAR price of the item. I got turned down for that on Stayfree as well.
    the coupon she is referring to is a manufacturer's coupon and it doesn't specify it has to be on regular price only, it is good on any stayfree products.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Should we really have to pay for pads ANYWAY? Ladies? Am I right? : )

coupon whore
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used a printable $2.00 coupon at shoppers tonight for the pads. No issue. She adjusted the coupon to $1.99 and I paid the $0.10 tax.

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Same thing with the J&J $2 Reach coupons at Rexall. The toothbrushes go on sale for 1.99, but when I'd buy them I used 2 x $2 Reach and 1 x $1 Reach (save.ca) and by the time the tax was computed (which I mentioned to the clerk), I paid enough for the transaction to go through on the till.

It helps to bring more items to the till than just the 2 Stayfree and the 2 coupons. Some clerks will ring all the items through, then take the coupons and subtract them one at a time; others will ring an item, then take the coupon and subtract. So, unless you have a FPC which easily goes through the till (with or without tax), there might be problems with the item being one cent less, and the way the cash registers are set up now, many stores just refuse the coupons. Try again, or try another store, or trade them.

Trading Score
    28 (91%)

Thanks everyone! I'm going back to the SDM near me this morning to try again, I'm getting coffee cream (I'm out and I NEED my coffee this morning!) as well so the coup's should go through fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CheapFloozie View Post
    Should we really have to pay for pads ANYWAY? Ladies? Am I right? : )
    Exactly...the make us pay for something that we all NEED. That is stupid...

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Just put the cream etc through first
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I don't have the official policy, but my SDM won't take a coupon for more than an item price is - yes, even a penny - and they won't adjust them.
    Once again it depends on the store. I have more than once bought Vim when it's been .88 and used the $1.00 coupon. But if I'm only buying the coupon item that is less than my coupon I always find something else I need to buy. Never have had a problem

Trading Score
    28 (91%)

Ok so...They didn't have any 99 cent coffee cream left booooo. So I did one transaction including taxes for the stayfree and the cashier took the $2 off. I only had to pay 9 cents for the pads. She couldn't do the two coup's in the same transaction for two packs of pads. So we tried another the EXACT same way as the first transaction and it wouldn't work.

Why would it let her do it the first time and not the second? Odd... we tried a few times too!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information