User Tag List

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you're an Bower Mall e-Club member you can get a piggy bank free from guest services.It's a cardboard box.At guest services you can turn more than $10 in change into a same amount Bower Mall gift card.There is also a contest too can't remember the prize.Sidewalk sale is on right now at Bower Mall.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Summer 2010 I took my pennies, nickels and dimes to the bank. Would have been cool-ish to take them to the mall and have them do their thing -- almost $200 I think, lol!!

Might hit the mall after work today, hmm.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmackUTwice View Post
    Summer 2010 I took my pennies, nickels and dimes to the bank. Would have been cool-ish to take them to the mall and have them do their thing -- almost $200 I think, lol!!

Might hit the mall after work today, hmm.
    Before you get rid of your coins.Take a look at them.I received a 1967 centennial quarter yesterday which is mostly silver content.I'm keeping it.Just noticed it today when I was digging coins out of the bottom of my purse.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

I don't have much of a stash anymore... I DID!

I do keep those "different" coins seprate... lovely colelction -- even got ones I got when I was younger. Currencies from all over the world!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I wish I knew more about coin collecting. I always read about people who find super rare ones that are worth thousands of dollars (usually due to some sort of minor defect that the common person would never notice). I tried learning a bit of what to look for but there is way too much info. If you ever find a coin that looks defective for sure keep it as it might be worth alot!

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

^

Oh! I don't go that far into it, lol... didn't even know that fact!! Crazy!!

I still have my pogs from when I was a kid. And my lego... and marbles... hehehe!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

2 of my brothers collect coins. And yes there are tiny variances that are on certain coins and they can be worth thousands. For example certain pennies have a extra point in the leaf, a certain nickel has an extra line under the beaver, there is also a certain loonie that's rare as well. Not worth thousands of dollars though but more than $1. It is definately too much information for me. I just save any coins that have an old date for them but that's it.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

When I was born my mom started collecting "Mountie's" for me (Quarters with a mountie on them, 1974 I think???). God only knows how many I have! It's funny I am so conditioned NOT to spend them. I remember getting up to $10 in them with my birthday/Christmas presents, now I'm lucky if I get 2 or 3 quarters in a year! There are some that have extra dots on them that are worth $$ but I don't have the time to sit and count! LOL! I just think of the collection as some sort of long term investment.

Thread Information