User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    i am crazy for coupons
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

every time i go in there to stack or price match the sales associate has some new rule. granted, its always a different sales clerk. but still, you would think the same store would be consistant in their rules.

last night i went in for a simple stacking of about 10 items. no price matching, nothing complicated.

the sales clerk was the same from the night before i had gone in...even then, she changed the rules. claimed "we really aren't supposed to do this" and i replied (very kindly) that she did it the night before, whats changed?

another person came to customer service to get something that was being held for them at customer customer service. she had to wait. so what. it was maybe 5 minutes 10 tops. the manager comes over and makes a loud statement that he'll help the next customer so they don't have to wait 2 hours for the coupon clipper...

geeesh. really???????????

i always have to giggle to myself that they send us 'coupon clippers' to customer service knowing that we do take awhile (not 2 hours) and the people in the customer service lineup are usually the ones buying cigarettes! no offence to those who smoke (ex smoker here) but smokers hate to wait for their smokes ( i know i did) and couponning is that the last thing you are thinking of when buying them!
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I sometimes find I am treated rudely like I'm not a paying customer, just because I am using coupons... it sucks, but I suck it up bc I don't want to lose stacking... boo
    I've earned $125 in Amazon GCs in 7 months with SWAGBUCKS! Click here & get started: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/LCFIXE
    AMEX GOLD REWARDS CARD - 1st year FREE & get 25,000 AEROPLAN POINTS when you spend $500 in first 3 months: </SPAN>Click Here</SPAN>

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

i went there used 2 coupons on one item , was told by the manager that i can not do that, I said that funny I have been doing this for 14 years, and maybe you should talk to the store managers at Coquitlam and Lougheed Malls. There sales have increased with the amount of shoppers using coupons. I asked for my coupons back, and thanked them for their help and told them I would not be shopping her again.
    Take the drive and go to Coquitlam centre, they have 3 cashiers that are great with coupons ( all of them are great with coupons) but the 3 cashiers will open a till just for you to do your transactions. Just go to customer service when you are ready to pay and tell them you are stacking

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

The store down on Marine drive in New West is terrible for this too. Hubby and I were harassed for trying to stack at 8:30 PM because they closed at 9:00 and the cashier brought out her little calculator and re-checked the transaction numerous times. We had 5 items. She couldn't do math and when we tried to help her she just got angry. Never going there again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm getting free gift cards for Amazon just doing my day to day internet searching!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/forgiftcards
    and also for completing surveys at Opinion Outpost!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~

I LUV FREE Stuff
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

TY....Good to know, DH suggest to try it there across the bridge fr Langley and need to pay toll X 2. Quite often LD Langley has no more stock when I go specially on the weekend afternoon when that is the only time I usually can go, no Crest Prohealth tp, charmin and pampers #6, wipes tub at least that is what I need so far as I am very low on stock.... I wonder about LD in Cloverdale, hasn't try that yet...anybody can give info .....????

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I was in MR store twice last month - what a waste of time, so yesterday went there just to get Charmin, didn't want to fight with CS again about everything else and fortunately store manager was there talking to CS about coupons.
    So I asked him why is his store is not coupon friendly and what are the rules for PM & coupon adjustments. I also said that this store has not a good reputation in the coupon community and that is why I am here for TP only and I take the rest to other LD.
    So he said they will PM more than one item if the price is close to their sale or past flyers price, but if the diff is to big - it will be one item only.They will adjust coup as it needed ( not $0.01only as I was told before), just not below tax. He also said whatever happened before was a result of miscommunication and now CS is clear about it, he appreciates our coupon business and all coupon ppl are welcome to Maple Ridge LD.
    So after all it was really pleasurable experience and now I just need to try it one more time when he is not standing there and my favorite (not) SC is working (who thinks she is a store manager)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to the MR LD a couple of days ago, armed with coupons to make a couple of purchases. I PM'ed one item on top of stacking coupons for both. Maybe luck was on my side and I dealt with a decent cashier at the CS desk who seemed didn't spend much time analyzing each coupon to death. The manager was buzzing around... couldn't say he'll be the nicest guy to deal with, judging from his interactions with other customers.

It's my first time stacking at this location (first time stacking period! did all my "research" before going in); overall, it was painless... And let's hope they can keep it this way

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I have never had a problem with stacking at the MR store in BC...maybe since I know all the employees who work there and they are more then willing to spend the time in doing so. Some times I figure they are having a bad so I would say "having a bad day I will come back when you aren't" then I will say after if it gets to overwhelming for them "I can read the coupon if you are having trouble and we can figure it out together." But I do admit some times its not just one couponer its multiple that will come to the same till and some times the cashier gets bogged down with having to read the coupon and remember all the commands to accepts the coupon into the cash register.

But I also find if a manager states something about 2hours to ring something in why doesn't he step in and take over the coupon instead of making an insulting comment to a customer. Many people who use Service desk in MR just aren't people who smoke or using coupons...many of the Bus Passes are sold there so thats where people have to stand in line to wait like anyone else to get something like a book of bus tickets or month bus pass.

Maybe in more people reminding companies that we like to shop their and we don't want to go elsewhere if we live in that town. That they buck up and not want to drive out people to elsewhere locations.
    Live, Love, Laugh

i am crazy for coupons
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    I have never had a problem with stacking at the MR store in BC...maybe since I know all the employees who work there and they are more then willing to spend the time in doing so. Some times I figure they are having a bad so I would say "having a bad day I will come back when you aren't" then I will say after if it gets to overwhelming for them "I can read the coupon if you are having trouble and we can figure it out together." But I do admit some times its not just one couponer its multiple that will come to the same till and some times the cashier gets bogged down with having to read the coupon and remember all the commands to accepts the coupon into the cash register.

But I also find if a manager states something about 2hours to ring something in why doesn't he step in and take over the coupon instead of making an insulting comment to a customer. Many people who use Service desk in MR just aren't people who smoke or using coupons...many of the Bus Passes are sold there so thats where people have to stand in line to wait like anyone else to get something like a book of bus tickets or month bus pass.

Maybe in more people reminding companies that we like to shop their and we don't want to go elsewhere if we live in that town. That they buck up and not want to drive out people to elsewhere locations.
    well said!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've been couponing at the M.R. LD off and on for almost a year now and I can say I have seen a big adjustment in all the sales clerks at the Customer Service Desk. A very nice surprise as I stopped shopping all together there for a few months. Went out of my way to Coquitlam or Mission stores.
    As it is a very busy Customer Service desk, I do keep my purchases small as possible. I usually group them in 4's of the same item and a max of 3 different stacks. I also can say from all my shopping experience, that price matching is not very necessary if you have as stock pile as eventually everything goes on sale before the coupons expire.
    I'm happy things have finally come around with this location and have stopped going out of my way to the other locations

I have to agree with Greentires4me as the cashiers do seem alittle overwhelmed at times, seams like everyone in M.R. thinks the customer Service desk is an express till, not just for smokes or bus passes but for everything. I have a feeling it has to do with the set up of the store. Maybe if Ld did have a designated express till for 9 items or less it would ease their traffic at customer service?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not sure if you have made the trip out to the Cloverdale LD but the managers there are crunching down on the policy as well. Only 4 of like coupons and only one item allowed in PMing.
    WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOUR SEARCH ENGINE $$$ PAID YOU TO USE THEIR SERVICE? Start today by clicking this link and unsubscribe anytime but I don't know why you would...: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MoneyMentor

EBATES: http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referr...dUHgf%2BNxE%3D

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live in MR & have not been to that LD yet.. sounds like a nightmare!
    May I ask what is stacking?

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Stacking is the use of multiple coupons on the purchase of one item, typically bringing the cost down greatly, even to the point of the item being free. This coupon stacking privilege is almost unique to London Drugs. Of course, it has it's challenges.

Trading Score
    283 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
    .....it has it's challenges.
    You hit a nail on the head!
    Trade list
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/368102-...a/#post5658618

I do not offer giftcard, stamps, and SDM points

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has anyone had experience with the LD in downtown Vancouver? The one across from the Bay or the one on Pender in the new woodward apartment complex?
    Photography, Video, Writing, Poetry and Recipe Contests http://proofpositive.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information