User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sign at LD

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I went to LD today and they have a sign up...no more than two identical items for couponing or price matching.

They said it was to help "the couponers" all get a chance to get stuff, to keep stock levels even so they don't run out when one us comes through.

They were nice but...what a pain in the bum!
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Where was the sign located? I was in on Wednesday and looked, but didn't spot it. I'd heard rumours and the ladies at customer service confirmed the 2 item policy when I was checking out, though.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

It was to the right of the far right register at the customer service counter.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I would take my business else where, if i saw that! Who flippin cares! There still making money... like come on. thats ridiculous!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

They says its to maintain their stock. Can't really blame them. There is one work around. Example:

(2) Olay body wash, purple
    (2) Olay body wash, orange
    (2) Olay body wash, blue
    (2) Olay body wash, green

they will allow that, just not:

(3) Olay wash, orange
    (1) Olay wash purple

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

pffhhtt if they let us buy 2 of each scent what is the point of a 2 only limit ??

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

to give them the ability to placate the customers who complain about low stock levels?

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Okay, saw the sign this trip - I swear, sometimes I don't see things that are right in front of my face!! It's kind of an annoying policy, but I see where they are coming from, I guess. I've seen people with carts full of whatever is on sale (most recently, Boxing Day at Zeller's where Charmin was on sale...) and haven't been able to get any for myself.

Somewhat related question: Did anyone else notice the P&G coupons for Venus, Olay Body wash, Quench, etc. specify the SIZE bottles of Body wash and Quench you must buy...and these are not sizes that LD appears to carry (at least I didn't see them)!! Boo!! I wanted to get that stuff with my stackable coupons!!

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

The new policy is a result of 2 shoppers who showed up right around Christmas(so its already busy) and right around closing (so they're already tired and cranky?) and were very demanding and had full cartloads. This "should" allow people to not have to wait more than 30mins per customer thats in line stacking as well as be able to get the Gil. Fus. Proglide razors or ?? occasionally. I totally understand where they are coming from and find that if I'm respectful to their staff then I reap what I sow. Yes, its poopy that I can't get more than 2 bags of the identical diapers or ?? but there's always another day, or if my friend comes with then they buy 2 for me too. Thats just my 2 cents worth.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

all it takes is one or two 'bad' (ie., obnoxious & demanding) stackers to 'ruin' it for everyone else - that's why I always say, "Be polite, be organized, and don't 'clear the shelf' "

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

It is because of more than just the 2 at Christmas there are a few who have been identified as I know them ....and they are "cheating","demanding" and buying excessive amounts of items...one person bought over the lat few months(10 swiffer wet jets) to stock their own store along with many other items ....then there aire a few who have been caught "making" their own coupons ....and "announcing in line " where we can go to "buy" their stuff (which they are buying with coupons)....

so I am not surprised to see our LD limiting products and basically making it harder for these ppl to continue what they are doing....

I figure what you do with your stuff after you buy it is your business but SHEESH...don't announce it while you are standing in line

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

its too bad that others do that and ruin it for everyone else. It is a great thing that LD lets us do this, and too bad that other take advantage.

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

I am getting my 2 items and then looking to other stores for deals..a lot of the time with reward programs and incentives better deals are to be had elsewhere..

G
    http://www.facebook.com/gkbringswhatawomanwants

Like us and be entered to win a Custom Personalized bracelet!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by garbagepicker View Post
    I am getting my 2 items and then looking to other stores for deals..a lot of the time with reward programs and incentives better deals are to be had elsewhere..

G
    same here

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

But the savings on diapers cannot be beat there. They are always really nice to me when I go in so I can't really complain about that. The two item limit is a pain but workable.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information