User Tag List

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Okay, I am looking to hopefully get one of those couple feet long part subs for my husbands birthday. But I can't find out if the stores even make them.

I've been to three stores in the downtown Halifax area and none of them are even able to tell me if they make the subs. The three stores I've been to have all been standalone stores (not in malls). They've all told me to come abck tommorrow.

So I am looking for smart canucks, does subway make party subs, I am looking for about 4 feet probably? Any idea of price, and also any idea of how much notice a store needs?

Hubby's birthday is on friday and he wants one of these instead of a cake.
    This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty, Subway
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    Okay, I am looking to hopefully get one of those couple feet long part subs for my husbands birthday. But I can't find out if the stores even make them.

I've been to three stores in the downtown Halifax area and none of them are even able to tell me if they make the subs. The three stores I've been to have all been standalone stores (not in malls). They've all told me to come abck tommorrow.

So I am looking for smart canucks, does subway make party subs, I am looking for about 4 feet probably? Any idea of price, and also any idea of how much notice a store needs?

Hubby's birthday is on friday and he wants one of these instead of a cake.
    I don't know how much, but I'm nearly positive they do the giant subs!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

They should, especially if they're advertised anywhere in the store. The website still has them under "catering".

If they don't and you want to order one of the sandwich platters, be aware it'll probably cost you the same or more than if you just bought the subs and cut them yourself, AND you have to order them 24 hours in advance, regardless of the fact that it's pretty much the same thing as a couple of footlongs. If you want to choose your toppings, definitely go with just buying footlongs to cut up, because I don't think they do a "choose your own toppings" for the platters.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good to know about the platters.

It is pretty much a giant sub or nothing sort of deal...I just don't understand how three different stores no one knows. I guess i should have looked into this sooner.
    Use this link

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

They do make them. But it is very expensive. I believe they give a price per person, which it seems to me was around $7-$9pp, and that allows about 3 pieces of sandwich per person.

We priced it out for a funeral luncheon once and it was ridiculous. We ended up going to Sobeys and they made up lovely sandwich platters and veggie trays, meat and cheese trays, etc. for a fraction of the cost.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Don't know about Subway, but Mr. Sub does for sure in our city.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Subway seems to be a bit off about some things, I've heard of a person going to 3 or 4 different stores that all had signs up about their breakfasts, half of them didn't have the ingredients for the breakfast menu, and the other half had no idea what he was talking about, despite the signs that say "WE HAVE BREAKFAST".

Call and speak to a manager if you haven't already, "sandwich artists" usually know nothing past putting things people ask for on sub buns, special orders are not their forte.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Apparently, managers don't work in the nighttime...gah.

Serves me right for waiting until three days before his b-day. I just assumed I could go in and order a sub and pick it up, easy peasy.

I don't know if there is a Mr Sub around here.
    Use this link

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Try Quizno's, too. I believe they might have something, but not entirely sure.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Found a subway that does them. Apparently it is a specialty item,so most stores don't make them. And thankfully this store has a parking lot. It is expensive, about $100 including tax for a 6 foot...but it will be worth it to see his face. And I will just go out and buy some chips and pop etc, and all the food is ready for the party.
    Use this link

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oy, that's a lot of money. On a US site I found, it's $10 per foot...

But it's gotta be a guy thing, right? Have fun!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I picked up the sub, thankfully his birthday is in winter, as it won't fit in my fridge...comes in two parts, 3 feet long each .

Now I am just waiting for guests to arrive. I hate the waiting. I told people come around 6, it is now 6:30 and no one yet .

No one wants to to be the first to arrive..lol..
    Use this link

Thread Information