User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Holy crap. It's been 25 years already?

I remember this happening, though we didn't watch it live at school (thank goodness). The event that stands out in my mind more than this one though is the Chernobyl disaster--which will also mark its 25th anniversary this year. I can remember exactly what I was doing when I first heard about that one.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Saw a dcoumentary on this long time ago and it was thought that many or most may have died when they hit the water. That's a long time to think about dying.
    What I was reading said it likely hit the water with a force of 200G which was beyond it's engineering abilities. A switch or something had been flicked which could only be done manually. They figure they flicked it in a vain attempt at restoring power. They aren't sure if they survived until they hit the water or if they were only truly conscience for a few seconds as it wasn't pressurized and neither was their oxygen so it wouldn't have kept them conscience.

The last audible words are "uh oh". So, so awful.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was in grade school at the time. I remember seeing it on TV over and over again and then talking about it in class the next day. I was not at all aware of current events back then so this was the first major tragedy that had an impact on me. I was quite horrified by it.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I was watching the launch on TV live with my class that day. They were young - about 8 - although I realized that it was real, they seemed to think upon seeing it that it was a video of some sort. It was very hard to "gather the pieces together" and teach for the rest of the day. I can't believe it's been 25 years already.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information