User Tag List

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I bought two blocks of SDM's Everyday Market Mozzarella cheese in December. Both of them have March 13, 2011 expiry date. Both of them have been refrigerated since the day I bought them. And they are still in their original package, unopen.

Yesterday, I noticed that one of them has lots of mold, green and white.

Today I brought it to the store. The store manager wasn't there. The guy in charge said it's been more than 30 days so he couldn't refund or exchange.

But I felt that since the package is unopen and still more than a month before expiry date, it's a problem in their quality control. They should at least exchange it. Also, in the back of the package it prints "FULL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE".

I know that it's just $5 and I shouldn't be mad. But I just feel that I'd never buy their store brand products anymore.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Looking for a new car? Want to know what's dealer's base cost and current rebates to obtain the best deal? I have reports from Car Cost Canada to trade.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sorry for your problem. I bought everyday butter. don't want to see the same thing for the butter

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Send their head office an email. Hopefully they will help ou resolve the issue. Mabe even toss in a few Optimum points to make up for the inconvenience?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by felisha View Post
    I bought two blocks of SDM's Everyday Market Mozzarella cheese in December. Both of them have March 13, 2011 expiry date. Both of them have been refrigerated since the day I bought them. And they are still in their original package, unopen.

Yesterday, I noticed that one of them has lots of mold, green and white.

Today I brought it to the store. The store manager wasn't there. The guy in charge said it's been more than 30 days so he couldn't refund or exchange.

But I felt that since the package is unopen and still more than a month before expiry date, it's a problem in their quality control. They should at least exchange it. Also, in the back of the package it prints "FULL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE".

I know that it's just $5 and I shouldn't be mad. But I just feel that I'd never buy their store brand products anymore.
    You should be mad ..why shouldn't you be , especially since the packs are unopened .

I can understand them giving you a hard time refunding your money ..but as you said the least thing they should do is exchange it

Buy another of the same cheese & then return the spoiled cheese you had bought earlier on the NEW receipt , it will be within 30 days & since they have the same barcode / sku etc you won't have any problem returning it for FULL refund

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    137 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    You should be mad ..why shouldn't you be , especially since the packs are unopened .

I can understand them giving you a hard time refunding your money ..but as you said the least thing they should do is exchange it

Buy another of the same cheese & then return the spoiled cheese you had bought earlier on the NEW receipt , it will be within 30 days & since they have the same barcode / sku etc you won't have any problem returning it for FULL refund

I totally AGREE!!! I would go and buy two new cheeses too You have every right to be MAD what a LOAD of crap!!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Thanks everyone for your reply.

This morning I called the SDM 1800 number. The representative mentioned since it's been more than 30 days so stores usually wouldn't do anything about it. But he offered to make a refund in SDM points and I accepted it. At least their "Full Money Back Guarantee" was honored.
    Looking for a new car? Want to know what's dealer's base cost and current rebates to obtain the best deal? I have reports from Car Cost Canada to trade.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, I can't believe that happened to your cheese and that they won't take it back. They should at least allow you to exchange it.I hate when companies don't honour their words. I agree with some of the members above and say that you should email or call head office. I was sold expired food, and told head office and they gave me 4,000 Optimum Points.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's terrible it should only go like that if it were a long time in the fridge not wrapped very well. I bought Saputo pizza mozzarella last week at Shoppers Drug Mart and it was $0.49 because it was about 2 weeks from expiry and it's perfectly fine.

Trading Score
    249 (100%)

I would be MAD!! I would also go to the store and talk to the manager and not leave until I was made happy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

go to a different store and don't bring the receipt. I did that with some cheese. They gave me my $.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I bought some of the Agent cool blue mouthwash for my son at SDM last week. It was on clearance for $1.99 and I used the coupon from save.ca for it and they put the coupon amount down to $1.99 as well. I get it home and look at it and it expired nearly a YEAR ago! May 2010 it expired. Should I call about this or just suck up my loss since really its not a loss since the coupon covered the full price?

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

A few weeks ago i was wanting to buy Kraft Cool Whip,i checked the expiry dates they had all expired Dec.2009.I spoke to the manager and he told me that the boy who stocks the shelves instead of putting the new stuff in the back he put everything in the front.There was 7 expired Cool WhipsNeedless to say i didn't get my CoolWhip
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Thread Information