User Tag List

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I scanned a Ziploc bag the scanner read see associate for details.I took the two Ziploc bags to customer service the cashier at customer service scanned them they scanned at $2.Then I give her my buy 2 get $4 off Ziploc bags coupon then she says the coupons can only be half the amount of what I'm paying.She says I have to buy another one.She said a CSM told her that the coupons can be only half the amount of the what is paid.So she calls another CSM over then she lets me use my coupon no problem.I guess by what CSM was saying it was no problem so long as coupon wasn't over the amount of what you're paying for the product.It's bizarre the other week at Parkland Mall Walmart I bought clearance Taster's Choice coffee $0.84 used a $1.00 coupon and got a $1.00 off and this was at Customer Service.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Walmart
    Last edited by Poirot; Sat, Feb 19th, 2011 at 12:58 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow that is a weird response, I haven't heard that one yet I'll have to remember to bring a WM Policy because that sounds totally made up....only being able to use 50% of what is paid. I'd really like to know why people have the idea that using coupons is bad & that we are ripping off the stores. It seems to be a common thought pattern.

I had a similar issue at SDM North....Noir Chocolate bars 2/$5 and they had $2 off mangers stickers on them...so I try and use a $1 coupon which would mean I'd get them for free (mmmm free chocolate tastes the best!). But because of the way they scanned in there system, 1@ $2.99 & 1 @2.01, the cashier couldn't wrap her head around the fact the they would owe me a penny. Her head was so stuck on owing me a penny that she couldn't look at the whole picture and see that in fact they weren't owning me anything, both parties were breaking even.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

*throws her head back and laughs*

Ohhhhhhhh what fun saving money can be!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I always use my coupons at the north Wal-mart. I seem to have better luck there. Used 3 Ziploc printable coupons there today with no problems. She read them over good but not a problem.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Omg. I dread using coupons at WM south!! It's always been painful with their own weird made-up coupon "policies" I definitely feel for you, lol. I called their head office about the issue of what happens when coupons are over the value of the product. Officially they're supposed to reduce the value of the coupon, and mark on it the value it was redeemed for.

I have to agree that WM North is waaayyyy better with coupons. The last time I had one that was over the value the cashier reduced it and didn't miss a beat scanning my items
    Want another way to earn free amazon.ca or amazon.com gift certificates?? I average $15 a week!! You can even cash in for paypal without it "costing" you more points!! Click here to for my blog and ALL the info about Superpoints Make sure to comment for my referal incentives!!

Superpoints invite: http://superpoints.com/refer/Invitetoken Invitetoken

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

wow. the things they come up with! also Eeyah is there free chocolate still maybe? ugh I probably missed out on free chocolate! darrnnn! it always happens that way. I should check none the less. I need to be more on top of this all! lol check here daily! that is my new plan. I will update daily if I have anything to add as well.
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dealsniffer View Post
    wow. the things they come up with! also Eeyah is there free chocolate still maybe? ugh I probably missed out on free chocolate! darrnnn! it always happens that way. I should check none the less. I need to be more on top of this all! lol check here daily! that is my new plan. I will update daily if I have anything to add as well.

I have no idea, it was Thursday (I think) that I bought it. Worth it to check it out, I know they had lots of $1 stickers on the bars, so combined with the $1 coupon you'd be paying 50 cents a piece for two bars.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have to say that WM South is going downhill quickly. I had a nasty run in with a cashier there a little while ago and I find all the cashiers to be grumpy when I got there.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

^ maybe something to do with the reno?

For some, at least. A huge store renovting affects ppl diff... customers and workers. lol I thought it was fun and exciting when I worked at RCSS and they did a reno... but other co-workers didn't think so and elt it show. *sigh*

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

There's a new thread up, with links to the new WM coupon Policy... I think it's worth printing out and carrying with you seeing as how there has been some issues at both RD WM's. It clearly states that coupons may EXCEED the price, and that change may be given or applied toward the rest of your purchase!
    here's the link....
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/189481-...oupons-canada/

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

half the price?? now that's a new one!! what will they think up next??

EASY PAYPAL $$ - GetCashForSurveys - receive $50 free when you take your first paid survey! Brand new site--now open to Canadian residents, reserve your spot before it's full--get paid for your opinion!

My Wish List in under 'About Me' on my profile page

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krempy View Post
    half the price?? now that's a new one!! what will they think up next??

I know, eh! Fun times, lol!

THANKS Eeyah for that link and idea!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmackUTwice View Post
    I know, eh! Fun times, lol!

THANKS Eeyah for that link and idea!

Anytime I know alot of people (myself included) are getting a little tired of never knowing weather or not WM is going to accept the coupons. Now we've got a leg to stand on

Thread Information