User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 47 of 114 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

i agree with almost every one but i do have one comment.

i was watching frugal TV ( coupon guys youtube channel) and he said that they are told to go all out and do the biggest possible! but ya its sad that they are told that coz they are coming out as freaks! but still love the show =) its kinda addicting
    ~ SwagBucks ~
    Total Coupon Savings Since Nov.17,2010:$4760.11

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bella_bamba View Post
    Did you see the girl who bought two sticks/tubs of butter just because she will save $1 on her next shopping trip?? Unless you got the butter for free or pennies and need it, is it necessary to spend money in order to "save" money next time???
    i guess i should hide i'll admit to doing that.. i mean how many of us have bought a few boxes of cereal or a product which had a great coupon on it or for a mail in rebate deal NOT because you NEEDED the product but because of the coupon on the packaging or the mail in rebate.. i'll openly admit to buying 7 boxes of fibre 1 cereal this past week because by fluke it was onsale for 1.47 (insanely good price for cereal) not because i needed the cereal (heck never tried it before, but i THINK my hubby may like it) BUT because it had the save $5 off ice cream coupon on it.. my hubby joked calling it an "investment purchase" i also did similar with the recent quaker MIR i bought more oatmeal then we need (yes we were down to our last box but normally i'd buy 2-3 boxes not 12) but by doing the MIR 3 times i'm buying a product which will eventually get eaten (so i'm not out that way) PLUS i'm MAKING money ontop of those purchases (spent approx 10, getting back 25).. my mom admits to having a crazy amount of TP and batteries simply for the airmiles deals offered along with the purchase (my mom had to hide batteries and TP when she brings it into the house )

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeyGael View Post
    Midnightly, someone who has 200 years worth of deodorants, would be a hoarder as well, even without dead animals and mildew
    see if it was JUST the deodorants that would be one thing but no person has JUST that many deodorants they also have huge excess of other things and probably don't even know what they have... when you loose track of what you have in your stockpiles and can't find anything your crossing into the line of a hoarder.. (might i add i've seen many a post here where people have HEALTHY stockpiles and in those stockpiles there are many many sticks of deodorant) personally i think if you are ORGANIZED, nothing has spoiled/gone bad your not a hoarder, BUT if you are living in chaos with little pathways to get around, stuff is still in bags in piles on your floor, you've closed off rooms because there is "too much stuff", things are going bad(and you don't even realize), then yes your a hoarder
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

I've watched them all. The tips I've picked up are:
    1. Read the flyers and circle the stuff you like
    2. Check your coupons to see what you can match up to the flyers
    3. Always swing by the clearance rack
    4. Keep up to date on the store coupon policy
    5. ...

My fave that I picked up this time is: Combine a MIR with coupons to earn money back!

Anyone have tips to add?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MelSprag View Post
    I think all these negative comments are unnecessary. I do not think they are hoarders. Many U.S families have been hit hard by the economy and are just doing what they can to survive. Shame on all of the negative comments, I say WTG.
    Multiples of Maalox and deo's are not survival items.
    I have several friends across the US who are suffering financially but they don't shop like these people.

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

i would be afraid of expiry dates,lol.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Check this link out. This lady is matching family codes on UPC's and using coupons for products she did not purchase but are products made by the same company. That's fraud and that's not cool
    http://crazicoupons.blogspot.com/201...s-extreme.html
    -Karen

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MelSprag View Post
    I think all these negative comments are unnecessary. I do not think they are hoarders. Many U.S families have been hit hard by the economy and are just doing what they can to survive. Shame on all of the negative comments, I say WTG.
    thanks for the great comments,your 100% right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

I have heard about couponers like this for many many years way over 10 so this is nothing new the stores and the companies allow it and seem to encourage it,so be it more power to them.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think most of them have serious OCD they need to take care of, What do they do with all their stuff? Like 100 bottles of salad dressing? It does go bad sitting on the shelf... and lots of healthy/beauty products do "turn" after some period of time. Plus, once you're bought your lifetime supply of something, what will happen when you see another great deal(where it's free?)

I wish we had the coupon deals here that they do.. I dont know any grocery stores that will double coupons anymore. Are there any?

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I've only seen one episode (the premier, I think) and I just couldn't believe how rude some of them IMO were to the cashiers... And, yeah, I do think having an excessive amount of stuff in your stockpile is a bit much but it's their life, I guess...

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by karen0382 View Post
    Check this link out. This lady is matching family codes on UPC's and using coupons for products she did not purchase but are products made by the same company. That's fraud and that's not cool
    http://crazicoupons.blogspot.com/201...s-extreme.html
    Hmmm, the show may be in some trouble after this. You think?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    They had their website address on the screen you can apply to be on Extreme Couponing http://www.tlc.com/extremecouponing Click on Get on the Show.I doubt if they would do someone from Canada.It would be be fun to think about us showing all our shopping and couponing problems on tv.
    Jamie went to $1200+ and almost jammed the register and confused the computer/cash register.
    That's insane!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i guess i should hide i'll admit to doing that.. i mean how many of us have bought a few boxes of cereal or a product which had a great coupon on it or for a mail in rebate deal NOT because you NEEDED the product but because of the coupon on the packaging or the mail in rebate.. i'll openly admit to buying 7 boxes of fibre 1 cereal this past week because by fluke it was onsale for 1.47 (insanely good price for cereal) not because i needed the cereal (heck never tried it before, but i THINK my hubby may like it) BUT because it had the save $5 off ice cream coupon on it.. my hubby joked calling it an "investment purchase" i also did similar with the recent quaker MIR i bought more oatmeal then we need (yes we were down to our last box but normally i'd buy 2-3 boxes not 12) but by doing the MIR 3 times i'm buying a product which will eventually get eaten (so i'm not out that way) PLUS i'm MAKING money ontop of those purchases (spent approx 10, getting back 25).. my mom admits to having a crazy amount of TP and batteries simply for the airmiles deals offered along with the purchase (my mom had to hide batteries and TP when she brings it into the house )
    I guess i forgot to mention i'm guilty of this too LOL like i'll overspend just to get so many times the points at SDM or a gift card. The way you went about spending a little to get more later is smart plus you bought oatmeal and cereal and you even made money on top of it...wtg!

Can't wait to see the next show. I didn't see both full episodes so i hope TLC re-airs them again this weekend.

Senior Canuck Goddess in this Household's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Someone pointed this article out to me tonight, and I thought it was interesting. It questions as to whether fraud was committed by one of the couponers.

http://www.jillcataldo.com/node/16258

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bella_bamba View Post
    I guess i forgot to mention i'm guilty of this too LOL like i'll overspend just to get so many times the points at SDM or a gift card. The way you went about spending a little to get more later is smart plus you bought oatmeal and cereal and you even made money on top of it...wtg!

Can't wait to see the next show. I didn't see both full episodes so i hope TLC re-airs them again this weekend.
    The shows will be on again on Sunday.

Page 47 of 114 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast

Thread Information