User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 55 of 114 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jenner View Post
    I don't know if I can watch this show anymore. 45 packages of cake mix and cookie mix???? I guess this is why they call it "extreme" couponing.
    I am starting to feel the same way...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The first lady 60 hours couponing when does her child get her attention with her couponing scheduling.The second lady she had this crazed look buying 30 papers each week paying $2000 a year for subscriptions how is that saving money.Her son's friends seem to be taking stuff home with them.Why not teach their parents about couponing.She had a new SUV what about getting a used SUV and a smaller less fancy house would save money and the added cost of 5 computers well expensive.Still enjoy watching the show.
    Last edited by Poirot; Thu, Apr 28th, 2011 at 02:53 AM.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

They should call this show Extreme Pigs. No one needs that much cake mix and juice.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would totally buy that many boxes of cake mix if I knew I could use them before they went bad. Hello easy bake sale! But other than that, it's icky.

The scene with all the son's friends in the garage with piles of food in their hands.. I hope that was for show. I know teenage boys are bottomless pits, but that's like EpicMealTime quantity of food for one person.. yuck.

I loved that she was teaching her son to coupon though. Most boys are NOT interested in that, and would be like "Mom, I'm going to college. I can't get ladies to date me if they see me wandering around with a binder full of coupons!"

I laughed really hard when the cashier asked Desirae if she "has coupons for these items". LMFAO of course she does!
    Last edited by Chantel; Thu, Apr 28th, 2011 at 08:59 AM.

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

In my opinion this is not realistic. It goes along the lines of all the other "reality" shows out there, where they embelish things for the audience. I'm sure we can all save hundreds of dollars over time, & this show gives us "tips" to do so, but you can't tell me that this show gives us the information to go forward & do this ourselves...it's a few in a thousand that can. And with me living in CAnada, it's near impossible. Just my thoughts...it is good for tips on coupon sources, cutting & organization.
    Cheers everyone!

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

this show is VERY embellished.
    Coming from a media background I know how these types of shows work,
    its a story, a movie, they use the most extreme situations for entertainment.
    Its getting quite ridiculous and im sure companies are going to start putting more disclaimers on the coupons they are providing.

Oh oh and have u noticed that it seems all american couponers pronounce it QUE-pons
    wth? lol

also im not sure if this was a typo but the second woman stephanie, says shes 28, but has an 18 year old son? HUH?
    Unless hes her stepson, or there was a typo in her age or she had a kid at 10 years old....yikes

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

I kow I find it weird when I hear people calling them CUE-pons...It just sounds weird to my ears,,,,

It is obviously EXTREME and I also find it Yukki that they get soooo much junkfood.. WHo needs sooo many cake boxes..

And the friedns that come over to take food. That would be a no no... I will give you when you are over but to take home..hummm! No tsure.. You're right that she should teach the parents how to do it for them selves..
    Earn free points, get a chance to win a great contest.. Follow this link it's worth you time I swear

Or this link as well for Quebec residents..Free GC and more..

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    this show is VERY embellished.
    Coming from a media background I know how these types of shows work,
    its a story, a movie, they use the most extreme situations for entertainment.
    Its getting quite ridiculous and im sure companies are going to start putting more disclaimers on the coupons they are providing.

Oh oh and have u noticed that it seems all american couponers pronounce it QUE-pons
    wth? lol

also im not sure if this was a typo but the second woman stephanie, says shes 28, but has an 18 year old son? HUH?
    Unless hes her stepson, or there was a typo in her age or she had a kid at 10 years old....yikes
    The age thing that got me it's Melissa Eby age 37 the lady with the coupon inserts in the closet.I think the daughter in law was her step daughter in law judging by the daughter in law's age and Melissa's husband was a lot older than Melissa.The stores did have limits on coupons they just divided them into different orders.I bet that doesn't work normally.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That lady jumping into the dumpster for the coupons was crazy.Just because it says it's only for paper doesn't mean people wouldn't throw regular garbage in there or even needles.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    The second lady she had this crazed look buying 30 papers each week paying $2000 a year for subscriptions how is that saving money.
    lmao, i turned to dh and said the same thing! how is that saving money??
    the dude with the toothpaste, i was like WTF?? until i learned why he had so much of it - good for him

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    That lady jumping into the dumpster for the coupons was crazy.Just because it says it's only for paper doesn't mean people wouldn't throw regular garbage in there or even needles.
    i laughed when she fell in

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I fell asleep during the show! Ack! I saw up to the chick falling in the dumpster....maybe I can catch it online or in a re-run.....

Like I said before....this show is gonna get boring after a while....just like Hoarders...same thing week after week....with EC, it'll be this person got 100 of cake mixes for free this week, ....next week, that person got 1000 toothpastes for free....and so on....isn't this the Learning channel? They should show the viewers in more detail on how to use & get coupons....do a step by step tutorial for those who know nothing about couponing....etc....and explain the ETHICS on couponing! Hummmm.....

One question though, do Americans not have to pay for the taxes on the products they "get for free"? 100 bottles of flavoured water (which seems to be a favourite in the States)....sure, they're free but what about the taxes?
    Last edited by Dinobuzz; Thu, Apr 28th, 2011 at 12:03 PM.

Trading Score
    237 (100%)

all i have to say is i love couponing and enjoy it as a past time. Love getting great deals but to have a closet full of pop that is just ridulous. I thought it was funny that hoarders came on prior to extreme couponing and than hoarders was on after. To me this is not realistic to us at all but this is just organized hoarding. Really a room full of coupon inserts that God brings you! This is just my rant.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by quebecqueen View Post
    I kow I find it weird when I hear people calling them CUE-pons...It just sounds weird to my ears,,,,
    Am i the only one who calls it cue-pons too?? LOL and yes i do get teased when people hear me say that but i've always called it that way! I always thought people say cou-pons were saying it funny, weird, or wrong! My mom does it too though.

Best part of the episode was the one falling in the dumpster. I just had to laugh.

I thought it was nice of the mom (notice her very skany low-neck top? Gross!) to share her stash with her son's friends although i hope they don't eat all that junk in one sitting! I haven't seen many episodes were these extreme couponers are actually sharing/donating their stash, even with extended family members!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i love how they don't show any of these people purchasing fresh fruits and vegetables.. it's all packaged crap and junkfood

Page 55 of 114 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast

Thread Information