User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 54 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I watched the first 3 eps and these are my thoughts on it:

I think they are too extreme in stockpiling especially seeing items I know they couldn't possibly go through. I am kinda jealous of the savings they get mostly because of the double/triple coupon deals, I have never seen that anywhere where I live. I liked how that guy donated over $20,000 of stuff to the army in care packages, that would be more of what I would do. But seeing that they spend several hours a week preparing/organizing and up to 5 hours during their trips at the store I definitely couldn't take all that, too much time, energy and stress. I'll watch as many shows as I can, I do fairly enjoy it for laughs and such and good for them to get such good deals.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scarecrow View Post
    they spend several hours a week preparing/organizing and up to 5 hours during their trips at the store I definitely couldn't take all that, too much time, energy and stress. I'll watch as many shows as I can, I do fairly enjoy it for laughs and such and good for them to get such good deals.
    Yep, they are extreme.

If I was using their thoughts, I guess that spending six hours to save 98%/$1000 (in one case) works out to about $165/hour. If I got paid that rate at my job, I would be laughing.
    Just looking at it from the other side.
    Shwa Girl.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Yep, they are extreme.

If I was using their thoughts, I guess that spending six hours to save 98%/$1000 (in one case) works out to about $165/hour. If I got paid that rate at my job, I would be laughing.
    Shwa Girl.
    Right if all you spent on couponing was 6hours a week. But these women have said they spend up to 60hrs a week on it between sorting and finding deals, ect...
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Yep, they are extreme.

Shwa Girl.
    I think they are spending alot more than 6 hours, for the time they put in they must not have any jobs or if they do then it is a second job to them.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

We can coupon for crazy hours and still not get the deals some of the stores here provide in the states... example... there are some safeway's in the states that double coupons... and safeway here used to have double coupon days in the early 90's... that got taken away when a politician was attempting to stop all couponing in canada... things are now turning around and becoming better... for many years coupons all but dried up. for us to get the same deal would require trips to the states... and often enough that we could get the flyers and get the coupons. I wonder what we would need to do to get coupons to double here.
    ^^^ this is the stuff my coupon fantasies are made of... laughs, any ideas?

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCSunshine View Post
    This show makes me crazy! I hate the shelf clearing. My mom is an avid couponer, not as much as when I was growing up though. And growing up in the US, we had double coupons and plenty of food coupons. But my mom would have never bought 93 bags of croutons of whatever that one lady bought! That's just silly!
    The only time i would concider purchasing that many is if there was a decent overage... but then i am stopping at the food bank on the way home and getting rid of 90%... even 9 packs i would have a hard time using before they went stale. who knows... perhaps it is her family's version of potato chips... laughs

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Extreme Couponing new episode April 20 Missy & Amy Missy plans to save more than $50 using coupons.Amy plans to buy more than $400 worth of groceries for under $10.New episode April 27 Desirae & Stephanie Desirae is so thrifty she gets all of her coupons from public recycling bins.Stephanie is teaching her son to coupon before he goes off to college.
    bump for tomorrow

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't watch it yet may be its not come on prime time as I follow Shimmy, get out a lots of other shows on this channel.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

bump for tomorrow
    Extreme Couponing new episode April 20 Missy & Amy Missy plans to save more than $50 using coupons.Amy plans to buy more than $400 worth of groceries for under $10.New episode April 27 Desirae & Stephanie Desirae is so thrifty she gets all of her coupons from public recycling bins.Stephanie is teaching her son to coupon before he goes off to college.
    bump for tonight

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Thanks for the bump, I was just wondering whether there was going to be a new episode tonight...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yep, new episode tonite. I am preparing for the cringefest!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

45 boxes of cake and cookie mix? 96 bottles of juice? 59 package of candy? (from the 2nd episode that came on this evening) Geez...look at all that sugar. No offense, but no wonder she's that size. Look at what they eat in that household!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by browngirl82 View Post
    45 boxes of cake and cookie mix? 96 bottles of juice? 59 package of candy? (from the 2nd episode that came on this evening) Geez...look at all that sugar. No offense, but no wonder she's that size. Look at what they eat in that household!!
    I think she would need to make at least a cake and day and dozen cookies just so it would not go bad!! My good what is she going to do with all the cream cheese??

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I don't know if I can watch this show anymore. 45 packages of cake mix and cookie mix???? I guess this is why they call it "extreme" couponing.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I missed it.
    But I have seen commercials for Philly Cheesecream, for the cooking with Philly site...lol.

Page 54 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast

Thread Information