User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 53 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i also noticed a fair number of the people being featured started "about a year" ago.. or within the last two years.. i have a feeling that they weren't even thinking about expiry dates for a good number of thier purchases
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just my guess that lady with 22,000 inserts in a special closet might be running a coupon clipping service

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

What the heck is with tonight`s crazies all thanking god for their coupons...or for the flyers!!! What the heck...like god has nothing better to do then send these nuts coupons for 93 packages of croutons!!!!! Makes me sick!
    Last edited by daisybear; Wed, Apr 20th, 2011 at 11:53 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This show makes me crazy! I hate the shelf clearing. My mom is an avid couponer, not as much as when I was growing up though. And growing up in the US, we had double coupons and plenty of food coupons. But my mom would have never bought 93 bags of croutons of whatever that one lady bought! That's just silly!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I was excited for the show until the first episode. The shelf clearing, overbuying of things they don't like or need, ie tonight's lady with bags of cat treats and she does not have a cat???? This show is becoming very hard to watch. I love deals as much as the next person but some of these people take it too far.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    The shelf clearing, and the obscene amount of pain pills is what bugged me. Yes, it may very well be "set up" but if other people choose to start couponing, they may think that shelf clearing is acceptable - which IMHO it's not. And, who needs like 114 bottles of pain killer? that many croutons? like it's kinda obsessive... jm2c
    Hey now, maybe they have a pool that they are going to fill will lettuce and make a salad for the block! heh

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would buy (read: put in an order for, not shelf clear) tons of something if I could get it free and make money off of it. There is always somewhere to donate it to, I would never keep it all for myself.

I don't understand when these people say they "hope to get under X amount". How do you not know when you spend almost 40 hours a week doing this? I know exactly how much I should be spending when I do that.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I would buy (read: put in an order for, not shelf clear) tons of something if I could get it free and make money off of it. There is always somewhere to donate it to, I would never keep it all for myself.

I don't understand when these people say they "hope to get under X amount". How do you not know when you spend almost 40 hours a week doing this? I know exactly how much I should be spending when I do that.
    I think they just say that for dramatic effect for the show.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Or maybe if they see in-store deals?
    And maybe it's hard to figure out 100%, due to tax and the like..

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Yeah, that first lady, to me, has "power trip" issues....she says she loves to be useful/needed, which is fine BUT, when she wanted to help her DIL in starting her own stash, why did the MIL, ony give her like 4-5 bottles of laundry soap when she bought like 93 (or something like thta)????? ...and that's in addition to whatever she had at home!

Geez, the DIL is the one who's washing that lady's son's underwear...give the girl a good stack of laundry soap!!

It reminds me of Nathan buying all of those toothpastes when all he needed to do, was take a case from his wall of toothpaste to donate .

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

my dh just d/l the first episode for me since i hadn't watched any of it yet and honestly, i made it thru 1/2 of it and shut it off. yuck. all that mustard...really?!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobuzz View Post
    Yeah, that first lady, to me, has "power trip" issues....she says she loves to be useful/needed, which is fine BUT, when she wanted to help her DIL in starting her own stash, why did the MIL, ony give her like 4-5 bottles of laundry soap when she bought like 93 (or something like thta)????? ...and that's in addition to whatever she had at home!

Geez, the DIL is the one who's washing that lady's son's underwear...give the girl a good stack of laundry soap!!

It reminds me of Nathan buying all of those toothpastes when all he needed to do, was take a case from his wall of toothpaste to donate .
    oh I thought the same thing. Just caught bits and pieces of the show last night. I was surprised she only gave away a few bottles of soap, to her own DIL! If it were my kid, I'd be giving almost everything, and leave myself what I need only.
    I can understand have a good healthy stash, but to have THAT MUCH is just plain ridiculous. Its getting harder to watch.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was reading a U.S. messageboard and apparently there might be another fraud on the show.Missy Eby the lady buying the Purex detergent using the $3 coupon was buying some of the wrong kind.The $3 coupon was for Purex with Zout and Purex 3 in 1 sheets and she was using it on some bottles of regular Purex.Another person said they shop at the same store as other lady and that store only doubles 15 coupons and she way exceeded that.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jenner View Post
    I was excited for the show until the first episode. The shelf clearing, overbuying of things they don't like or need, ie tonight's lady with bags of cat treats and she does not have a cat???? This show is becoming very hard to watch. I love deals as much as the next person but some of these people take it too far.
    I agree with you about the shelf clearing. I can't do that. Plus I have been on the receiving end - going to the store and there are none of the sale items on the shelf. For three weeks. Even with a rain check. Had to extend the rain check for another 30 days.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

May 4 new episode Chris tries to get donation items for free.Antoinette coupons to take care of her mother and daughter.

Page 53 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Thread Information