User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 96 of 114 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1701
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeste View Post
    What's confusing about it exactly? She said in the episode she timed her older kids showers. That seemed odd to mention in a show about saving money until my ex told me people pay for water usage. Since we don't have town water, we don't pay for it.

I'm sure since you have a sewer you don't pay for a septic tank to be pumped. Is that correct? (I don't know much about cities, I live in a very rural area and have zero interest in the inner workings of cities).
    Thanks for responding. Now I understand. I did not think about septic.
    I think that the municipalities get us to pay one way or another - septic or sewer. Wish they would get their hands out of our pockets.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iVCfYQPUUI

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Extreme Cheapskates the man who doggy bags other people's food yuck.It would be healthier to eat kibble.Taking ketchup from restaurants without buying anything is stealing.That man who goes round biking for spare change 40 miles for $7.00 exhausting.He did one thing unfrugal with the goats heads.He should have asked the butcher how much they were instead of just of offering $7.00.Those goats head were just disgusting.That lady who feeds the other people's kids expired food.If the other people's kids end up with food poisoning.She should pay for their doctor and hospital bill.Her collecting plants where it's obviously it's got dog presents and pee and most likely pesticides on it.Just yuck again.That guy barters for everything is annoying.He went to the hair and tanning salon for a hair cut he's taking away money from people who work there who are paid to do those chores.If they do another show I wouldn't do anything they do but I would watch it.I think it's a better than Extreme Couponing All Stars.
    I didn`t know a store could sell expired food!!! I liked the idea of a fiscal free week. Some of the ideas are alittle out there for me but as one person said each to there own.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by carebearhamm View Post
    I didn`t know a store could sell expired food!!! I liked the idea of a fiscal free week. Some of the ideas are alittle out there for me but as one person said each to there own.
    I think selling expired groceries in a store is a U.S. thing.I think they are called salvage grocery stores.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On Extreme Couponing they are still breaking the rules the lady that was disqualified for not spending enough was splitting her purchase with her helper friend.Bet that grocery store doesn't let regular customers use more coupons than the limit.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I googled Extreme Couponing and J'aime Kirlew is teaching couponing workshops for $30 a person or family.Hope she isn't still teaching using wrong coupons.There was another interesting story Roy Hibbert a NBA player uses coupons.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    On Extreme Couponing they are still breaking the rules the lady that was disqualified for not spending enough was splitting her purchase with her helper friend.Bet that grocery store doesn't let regular customers use more coupons than the limit.
    I was a little behind in my viewing and saw the episode you are talking about - Extreme Couponing All Stars. It's Sista Save-alot, who was splitting with her friend.

She was disqualified because she did not purchase the required $500 worth of groceries, because she couldn't find one of the products on her list.

Hmmm, if I'm in a contest like that, I'm sure I would be scoping out the store and matching my purchases to the right aisle, and down to the exaxt location in the aisle, the day before.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Thanks for responding. Now I understand. I did not think about septic.
    I think that the municipalities get us to pay one way or another - septic or sewer. Wish they would get their hands out of our pockets.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iVCfYQPUUI

You'd rather have dysentry, cholera and the like rampant in Canadian towns and cities???

I'll pay up and have clean water TYVM...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    You'd rather have dysentry, cholera and the like rampant in Canadian towns and cities???

I'll pay up and have clean water TYVM...
    My well water comes directly from our lake (the well is usually buried under water when the lake levels rise). I'm sure it's chock full of bad stuff... but if it's boiled it's fine.

We either drink bottled water or water from a spring (which we don't boil). I'm not too worried about getting diseases from drinking it. People have been drinking the spring water for decades and no one has ever got sick from it.
    Last edited by Kyeste; Fri, Jan 6th, 2012 at 11:19 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

and how many thousands of people does your aquifer serve? The whole of Toronto? Or Montreal? Or just a few houses on a street?? If you have lived there all your life, you are used to the buggy badness of the water.

Large numbers of people + untreated sewage + the right conditions = lots of sickness irregardless of how acclimatised you are to the local bugs. All it needs is one person carrying a different set of intestinal flora and fauna and you are so outta luck.

I spent 1 yr working at a sewage works for a city of 250,000 and 10 years in labs working with samples of the whole process from raw sewage( the stuff you flush) through to the stuff discharged into the ecosystem..I have an extremely robust immune system.

People who are young/old/have compromised immune systems will suffer.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Hm, well my well is... my house only. And the spring is in the forest, but I guess about 1000+ people get water from it too? It's just a small river. It tastes so much better to me than bottled water and tap water. It's... what's the word... crisp?

I have a compromised immune system from years of illness and I'm fine and lots who drink it here have cancer and other illnesses. The difference is here we have significantly less pollution than other places like Toronto, because we are such a small rural area. Definitely in cities it's bad!

Now I would NEVER drink water in Toronto or any city due to the condition of their lake waters, but ours are not that polluted.
    Last edited by Kyeste; Sat, Jan 7th, 2012 at 03:30 AM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

In the words of George Takei, "Oh my!"

http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-nation...ng-twist-video

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/01...-honey-boo-boo

Wonder what other hybrids of EC they'll make?
    Last edited by Kyeste; Sat, Jan 7th, 2012 at 03:38 AM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hm, well my well is... my house only. And the spring is in the forest, but I guess about 1000+ people get water from it too? It's just a small river. It tastes so much better to me than bottled water and tap water. It's... what's the word... crisp?

I have a compromised immune system from years of illness and I'm fine and lots who drink it here have cancer and other illnesses. The difference is here we have significantly less pollution than other places like Toronto, because we are such a small rural area. Definitely in cities it's bad!

Now I would NEVER drink water in Toronto or any city due to the condition of their lake waters, but ours are not that polluted.
    And Kyeste, don't you get free water testing as often as you like?
    In the Haliburton area, there are not many instances of illnesses from wells, are there?
    I think you are o.k., water-wise

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

In the words of George Takei, "Oh my!"

http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-nation...ng-twist-video

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/01...-honey-boo-boo

Wonder what other hybrids of EC they'll make?
    I liked the way the mother and father took some time to play with their daughter Alana, with their stock pile. Alana, at age 6, should be able to have fun and play, not work at a pagent.

I draw the line at "doping" children with pixie sticks and "special juice". The parents and the pagent organizers should be appauled at this form of child abuse - giving children substances that can hurt their health, while they are still developing mentally and physically.

If money is their aim, why not compete in Spelling Bee's that award scholarships for college and university? Why pagents?

All for a crown, trophy and money?!?!
    Yikes.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, Jan 7th, 2012 at 08:41 AM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hmm.. something in the water?

Ron.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by newfbc View Post
    Hmm.. something in the water?

Ron.
    Compromised immune system is usually due to a medical condition that is genetically linked and not environmentally linked.

Page 96 of 114 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast

Thread Information