User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

SDM usually has some really good sales that we can combine with a coupon to get the product free. I understand why cashiers will refuse the coupon if it exceeds the price of the item but it seems a lot of members in other provinces have been successful with getting free products.

My question is: Has anyone been to a Shoppers location in Vancouver/Lower Mainland that consistently accepts your coupon if it's a penny more than the price?

I've tried this at the Metrotown SDM (inside the mall) for Softlips a while ago with no success. I haven't tried any other SDM locations elsewhere since then but it would be nice to get something free.

PS. I never have & don't plan to clear shelves =)

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by marchBB; Tue, Mar 8th, 2011 at 04:37 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

great question. i would also like to know as well. especially if you know of any public transit friendly sdms that would adjust for 0.01 cent diffs. thank you!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    208 (100%)

I have never had a problem at the Surrey Place Mall location. I sometimes have had issues with the one at 152 & FH.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

the one on Broadway & Kingsway is usually good. Cashiers usually don't know at first how to deal with 1 cent difference but after a quick call to a manager they always adjust my coupons))

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

At the Downtown SDM on Dunsmuir, I picked up a free Nighttime Advil (paid 0.48¢ HST). Well at first the clerk had difficulty with the one penny coupon overage so I asked her to adjust the coupon. Instead she did an overide to input the Advil at $4.00 and then redeemed the $4.00 coupon. Hope it works out for you!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

i sometimes have problems with some of the cashiers at surrey place mall... some of the cashiers are amazing ( the younger ones, one of the older ladies is amazing and the one that always runs the cash next to the mall entrence next to Tand T is so picky she reads every single coupon and will not use the coupon if it is 1 cent over... ( which seems super silly to me))

and the one on 152 and fraser ( is a hit and miss) I used to love this store and go to it faithfully but i think they got new management and almost everytime i go to get something now they don't have the stock, it's pretty frustrating....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nosobbq View Post
    i sometimes have problems with some of the cashiers at surrey place mall... some of the cashiers are amazing ( the younger ones, one of the older ladies is amazing and the one that always runs the cash next to the mall entrence next to Tand T is so picky she reads every single coupon and will not use the coupon if it is 1 cent over... ( which seems super silly to me))

and the one on 152 and fraser ( is a hit and miss) I used to love this store and go to it faithfully but i think they got new management and almost everytime i go to get something now they don't have the stock, it's pretty frustrating....
    Now that you say that about the cashier next to the mall entance I do remember having an issue with her. I almost always use the cashier at the parking lot end.

I have noticed the same thing with the FH and 152 store too. They quite often don't have flyer items.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by start-the-car View Post
    Now that you say that about the cashier next to the mall entance I do remember having an issue with her. I almost always use the cashier at the parking lot end.

I have noticed the same thing with the FH and 152 store too. They quite often don't have flyer items.
    good it's not just me!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I was at Metrotown yesterday to see if their SDM would let me get some free Advil with the coupons. They didn't have anymore in stock, so I grabbed a flyer and went downstairs to Zellers. They priced matched to SDM and took my 2 Advil coupons with no hassle. Plus, if you have the SPC you can get the additional 10% off if you're not already getting the product free

That could be your back up plan if you don't get lucky at SDM. Perfect for if you're at Metro or Central City!

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Shoppers drug mart at metrotown (the one on kingsway by bestbuy) is the worst location ive ever been too ! They are extremely rude and will refuse you SCOP. They are also horrible with coupons and will treat you with disrespect if you even think of using one.
    Not only have they treated me with disrespect but Ive also witnessed them treating other people badly there too. Avoid this store if possible , you wont regret it.

Groupon WagJag
    Checkout my blog?
    helloobee.blogspot.ca

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

On another note, the the store on North Rd, by Lougheed Mall is amazing !
    Never had a problem there and they are also super friendly !
    Management there is also friendly.

The bus stop is also right outside of the store, so easy for those who take transit !
    There are multiple buses that stop right outside their door.

104-3433 North Rd, Burnaby, BC V3J 0A9
    Last edited by opus; Fri, Mar 11th, 2011 at 07:20 PM.

Groupon WagJag
    Checkout my blog?
    helloobee.blogspot.ca

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BMyltoft View Post
    Shoppers drug mart at metrotown (the one on kingsway by bestbuy) is the worst location ive ever been too ! They are extremely rude and will refuse you SCOP. They are also horrible with coupons and will treat you with disrespect if you even think of using one.
    Not only have they treated me with disrespect but Ive also witnessed them treating other people badly there too. Avoid this store if possible , you wont regret it.
    legally they can't refuse you SCOP.........as a chain they participate, thus EVERY store has to participate as well.

print a copy of SCOP, keep it in your purse/binder, and pull it out the next time you run into this problem, AND ask to speak to a manager if front-end staff refuse your SCOP. If it's too much of a hassle, phone the SCOP 1-800 #, and let them sort out your SDM staff.

(call the same day/next day preferably, meaning don't call 2 weeks down the road, as it then becomes too late to resolve it.)

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I went to the Davie location to purchase softlips with my printable coupon and it was great. They let me buy it with not even paying the taxes.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Actually, the Shoppers inside Metrotown isn't bad at all. I went in twice this week, both just for a couple of Softlips with my coupons. They took them with noooo problems. I'll gladly shop there with coupons any day.

Thanks for the info. on the other locations posters =D Maybe in time, we will get to learn the good & the bad locations (or just the cashiers =P).

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to the one inside Metrotown as well for the $2 softlips deal and had no problems, and I got 4 of them! The only thing the manager who came up and helped the new cashier said was that the internet printed coupons have to be legible the whole way through (obviously, otherwise they don't know where to send them to get their refund ).

I've also not had too many problems with the shoppers just under Commercial-Broadway skytrain station, they're usually pretty good with coupons, but NOT with coupons over the price, they will not adjust anything

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information