User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Is the Shoppers at Uptown good for having sale items in stock?

I usually shop at the one on Esquimalt Rd but haven't much luck in finding all the flyer items in stock.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I live right near this one, so I usually shop there. I try to get there as soon as the sale starts because they seem to get out of stock on sale items really quickly. Also, there was one cashier that refused to take coupons on a sale item because "then it would be free, and that's not allowed" !! Usually the cashiers I deal with are great though, they kind of recognize me with my coupon binder now, lol. HTH!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got to the Shopper's on Tillicum. They are constantly out of stock on items! I thought that it was because it was a smaller store. But I guess the bigger stores have this problem as well. If I get the "survey" on my receipt, I always let them know about the items not available. Not sure if my feed back helps.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Doubt it cause I not only fill out the surveys but also send emails etc. The Shoppers in Esquimalt is the headquarters for the island or maybe just the lower island and its always out of stock on sale days. I also complain about how small the carts are. Even if you are not buying for point events just putting in a pack of tp, a bag of diapers, milk and few odds and ends fills the cart up.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Hi there - I usually go to the SDM at Hillside and find that they are pretty good - but again short on sale items. I had a rain check for the Softlips from a few weeks ago - and the SDM that I got it from was the Royal Oak one ... they still didn't have any in a few days ago when I was back there so I went to the Uptown SDM last night on my way home. Really frustrating experience. Nice young man at the check out - but he looked at the raincheck and then the coupons and said it was one or the other as far as he knew or otherwise you would be getting it for free. I said why would they issue me a raincheck if I couldn't use it...... so he phoned his supervisor and she said that they weren't supposed to issue RC for that product ... he offered to give me $2 off the regular price. I said thanks but no - I would go to LD. I didn't end up going as it was in the opposite direction but left kind of upset. I mean why do they have a sale for $2 when they know that there are coupons issued by the manufacturer for $2/off - unless they are trying to develop brand loyalty. Now it's just left me looking at Bert's Bees lip salve as my alternative. Also - since all the hoopla about the Nivea $2 off - do you think you could find 1 of the travel size anywhere - it seems like everywhere has absolutely cleared it from their shelves. Nice to vent a bit with some people from Victoria though. Thanks for listening!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Maybe try the Hillside location when they get the Soft Lips in stock? I had a raincheck for the Advil Nighttime and the $4.00 coupons which were both taken =D Only issue was the coupon was over by a penny so the cashier said she would adjust it down but on my receipt it said $4.00 Off XD

I think I saw the travel size Nivea at Walmart ~ UpTown the other day but can't remember for sure

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Sooke SDM is excellent. I've gone to others and couldn't believe the difference. At Uptown I had a coupon for each item I was buying, but nothing was free and she kept saying "I think there should be a limit on the number of coupons you can use". I had to explain to her that coupons were better for the store than my credit card because visa was going to take 1-2% and with coupons the store gets a bonus. She still complained the whole time. Westshore is actually not too bad. The cashiers don't seem to worry about overages. Sooke is awesome. The daytime Cashiers gather around when I go through to see how much I can save. I have had a couple ask me for the web sites I use to get coupons. They never worry about overages. They even comment In amazement about how they pay me to take some items. The night time cashiers are good too, but are younger and don't seem as interested in couponing. It is a ways out for most people, but a really good shopping experience.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Oh and if you want to find items in stock for a sale--get there as soon as the sale starts. Some stores (not just shoppers) seem to have a policy that they will only sell a certain number of each sale item for the sale, so they don't restock sale items during sales. Once they have sold their quota they leave the shelves bare. You can usually get a rain check, but they are kind of counting on people not doing that. Sometimes if you ask they will check in the back to see if they have more in stock. The day after the sale is over suddenly the shelves are magically filled with the items that were on sale the day before.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I went to buy the Oral B cavity defence toothbrushes that were on sale for .99 a few weeks ago..I had a bunch of -1$ coupons to use. I couldn't find them at any of the locations I went to..I tried Royal Oak, Uptown, Westshore and Hillside! I got a raincheck from the one at Uptown and they were finally in stock this weekend...the cashier that wrote the raincheck for me was working, and she didn't mention anything about using coupons and rainchecks together, but she did try to tell me that I couldn't use the coupon because it was worth 1 penny more than the cost of the item..I had to explain that they just enter the coupon value as .99 instead of $1, and it actually benefits the store anyway because they get the extra penny. She didn't like it..she finally said "well, just this one time". There is another really grumpy cashier there that takes coupons really personally and tries to make it as difficult as possible..I avoid her at all costs! I don't know why some people are like that about coupons..if it is just the hassle of punching them in, or if they are actually affronted by people saving money!

I am really happy when I get this one young male cashier that works at Uptown, he always gives me the overages and he has the nicest attitude about taking my coupons. I might just have to try the sooke store though, it almost sounds worth the drive!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am NEVER shopping at the Uptown SDM again. The manager there made me feel like total crap and i am tired of being treated like a criminal for coming in with coupons. The last few times I have gone, I have had nasty cashiers. Well the other day it was the last straw! I had an issue with being overcharged for something, I had to go back the next day and getting my money back with the scanning code of practice policy was almost more hassle than it was worth. I went to talk to the manager about the attitude of the cashiers and he first pretty much accused me of moving an item to the wrong shelf to get it for free with scanning code of practice, which was not the case at all, the incorrect tag was in front of the whole display of items...but seriously, he's going to accuse me of purposely trying to scam the store? Just because I use coupons doesn't make me a thief! The conversation went downhill from there..I called customer service and they said they would try and have the store owner call..but at this point I'm so disgusted with the behaviour of that manager that I'm not sure I want to even shop at SDM ever again, definitely not at that store! Now I understand why a few of my friends refuse to shop at SDM at all because of the poor customer service!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

It's really too bad when somebody is so rude that it leaves a sick feeling about the store. I had that same kind of experience with Superstore and now I take my husband with me to the register. I hate when people are rude about coupons.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I agree, it stinks when one rude person has to ruin it...I haven't been back to that store and I don't plan to go back. It has an inconvenient parking lot anyway! lol

Thread Information