User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: kids @ movies

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

I am just wondering what age other parents took their toddlers to their first movie ( at a theatre). Just thought it would be fun to do,especially since i have movie tickets from icoke coming and i don't really go to the movies much myself so figured i'd take her. Although my toddler isn't too into t.v. or movies a lot soo I think I might have to wait until they decide to play shrek the first someday to go so she will actually watch it.
    This thread is currently associated with: icoke
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Well, I know some do a baby showing, with the changing tables and dimmed lights.
    Maybe you could try that first?

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

The one I know of is called Stars and Strollers, I think.

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Stars and Strollers would be best...they turn the sound down. My boys love the movie theatre, but they always complain it's too loud...and that can be scary sometimes. We took them to see How to Train Your Dragon and we had to leave half way through. Then we tried Toy Story 3 a different time and they were fine for the whole thing. I think the dark and the loud noise can be too much for some of them.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

My son was just over three, to a regular matinee - and I wouldn't have wanted to do it any younger.

Gosh, I wish the sound would be turned down ALL the time - I get scared sometimes myself.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

My mom tried when my brother and I were 4. Epic failure, she didn't bother taking us again until we were 9ish. We went to see a disney movie, but we could pay attention and fidgeted the entire time. I still don't really enjoy seeing movies in theatres...
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Kids shouldn't be going to the movies until they're older anyway. It can be bad for their vision development (I think it's mainly between ages 3-5). I'd wait until they're five or older. Maybe start watching movies at home with them so they can practice "movie manners" (no talking, sitting down, etc.) so you know they'll understand how to behave in a big theatre. AND STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING 3D until they can let you know if it hurts their eyes or gives them headaches.

I'd definitely agree with the Stars and Strollers showings though. I'd never take a young kid to the theatre. Way too loud.

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

She is 3 and if anything I was thinking when she is closer to 3 and a half. thank you,will have to look into the stars and strollers thing. Maybe older is a little more appropriate overall. Maybe I will trade them instead.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When my daughter was 4, I took her to see the Alvin and the Chipmunks sequel. It did not go well. She wanted to leave after about 30 minutes.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

I took my 4 year old DS to see Tangled last weekend and after about a half hour he would not even try his glasses on, since it was a 3d and he was complaining it was too loud and too dark. It'll be a couple years before I take him again I think.

We used to go to stars and strollers when I just had one kid. That was lots of fun.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

We took DS to a few stars and strollers in Ontario, but he was a little guy and would nap through it. Now that he's older, I think I took him to a movie once since living in NS (they don't have the Reel babies every week at our theater), and he somewhat sat in his booster seat for a while, then was getting restless, so I had to sit him in my lap and he was fine. Mind you, it was a super boring movie, so I don't blame him...lol...

Personally, I would take him to see a kids movie again, but only if it was a reel babies (or stars and strollers), since people there are more understanding of having kids in the audience. I wouldn't take him to an actual showing where it's a regular audience and no kids until he's better behaved. IMHO

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

We took DD to her first movie, a little over 2. She got distracted after about 30mins. Mind you, she never made any noise, but she just wasn't interested in the movie anymore.

Her next movie was a special screening for Tangled back in Oct-Nov 2010. That one she enjoyed, and still talks about today. She was 2.5 years old by then. If you ask her if she saw Rapunzel, she'll say she watched her on the big TV.

She's also seen, the movie with the owls, Legend of the Guardian is the title, I think. She enjoyed that too and sat through the whole movie.

I find that if it's a subject she really enjoys, she'll sit quietly watching. I just make sure that I change her pull-ups right before the movie starts and she doesn't get a big drink while the movie is on. That way we avoid her asking to go to the potty.

What I don't really like now is how they're making everything a 3D movie. It seems so unnecessary, and just an eye strainer.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

My son is just about 3 and he wanted to go to Jogi Bear.....so instead I though why not rent Alpha and Omega at home and see how he does. He only watched maybe the first 15 min. I am glad we didnt take him because he is not a t.v child

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

outside a stars and strollers preformance.. she was/is 3 (we took her over christmas) it was a kids movie mid afternoon showing.. this way others in the audience are have kids so if she gets frustrated or a touch noisy everyone around me understands.. nothiing worse then going to an adult aimed movie late at night and someone walks in with thier kid in tow (a few months back i went to a 10pm movie of a romantic comedy, and a woman walked in with her young child in pjs, want to say around 3yrs, and sat down to watch the movie, and the kid whined through most the movie , i understand it can be hard to get out without your child, but thats why you do an afternoon show NOT the last showing of the night)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    outside a stars and strollers preformance.. she was/is 3 (we took her over christmas) it was a kids movie mid afternoon showing.. this way others in the audience are have kids so if she gets frustrated or a touch noisy everyone around me understands.. nothiing worse then going to an adult aimed movie late at night and someone walks in with thier kid in tow (a few months back i went to a 10pm movie of a romantic comedy, and a woman walked in with her young child in pjs, want to say around 3yrs, and sat down to watch the movie, and the kid whined through most the movie , i understand it can be hard to get out without your child, but thats why you do an afternoon show NOT the last showing of the night)
    Speaking of which, a few years back we attended Lord of the Rings, started maybe 9pm or so. This lady brought her 2-3yr old child, and obviously this poor little guy was whining and just not sitting still (who could blame him). All this mom did was "shoosh" her kid, the entire time! A lady in the theater finally asked her if she could maybe console her kid instead of shooshing him, or maybe not take him to the theater! Bah, some people!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information