User Tag List

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I was hoping to get your input so that if I was in the wrong, I'll know not to do/expect it again.

I went to RCSS today and pm'd Sally Hansen nail polish to Walmart for $1.97, and proceeded to hand over my $2 off Sally Hansen in-store coupons.

The Front-end supervisor was there to override the price and coupons (since I had some for other things as well), and she was not impressed that I was wanting to use the $2 off coupons. She held it together, but was very irritated, saying that I could have either the pm OR the coupons, not both, because these are not manufacturer cpns where they get re-imbursed, but in-store, so they don't get ANY money back for them.

She did eventually let me use them, but wasn't happy about it, and made it quite clear that from a store standpoint, it was a complete rip off!! We were both polite, and after the fact I thanked her and also pointed out that even though I came in primarily for the nail polish, I ended up leaving with $50+ worth of groceries.

Was I in the wrong? I go to that store often, and deal with her for coupon/pm overrides, so I certainly don't want to be seen as (or be) the woman trying to rip off their store.

Any insight would be appreciated. TIA
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't think you were in the wrong. I haven't seen the coupon, but unless it says "Over X amount" they can't really say anything.

I don't believe RCSS has a no PM + coupon rule, so I think you were fine. She just didn't want to give you free stuff which you were perfectly in the right to get.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Last edited by marchBB; Thu, Apr 28th, 2011 at 11:36 PM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Technically nobody has to accept the coupons if they don't want to. She should have either accepted or denied and then minded her own business. I hate when cashier's stick in their opinions....do your job and keep your trap shut!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@ KellyC - I agree. Either you take coupons or you dont.

To the original poster: Next time this happens take an exagerated bow and thank her kindly for her overwhelming generosity
    Amazing Canadian Deals blog - Updated daily or on Facebook also updated daily

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mom_to_Max View Post
    To the original poster: Next time this happens take an exagerated bow and thank her kindly for her overwhelming generosity
    Too funny.
    I didn't *think* I was doing anything wrong, but on the other hand, I don't want to abuse the privilege.....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This one is kind of iffy for me. It's not so much that you were in the wrong. But the supervisor was correct in saying that the store would be covering both discounts. In this case, I think it's best just to try it with one coupon at a time and if they won't let you, just leave it at that.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyC View Post
    Technically nobody has to accept the coupons if they don't want to. She should have either accepted or denied and then minded her own business. I hate when cashier's stick in their opinions....do your job and keep your trap shut!

I agree! If they don't want to give the savings, then why have the bloody coupons in the first place?!?!
    Earn free rewards just by searching...click on link to join!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/AustinsMomma79

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    125 (99%)

You did nothing wrong. Any corporation can find out (just like we can) which coupons are already out there and decide not to duplicate them in store if they're not willing to 'double down' the discount. I would imagine so few people actually do it that it won't break the bank and she should have thanked you for your business.

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

That;s awesome...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom_to_Max View Post
    @ KellyC - I agree. Either you take coupons or you dont.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

I think you were brilliant!!! Way to go!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Which one did you go to? I'm in the lower mainland too, so I'll be avoiding that one if that's their stance on the matter .

You didn't do anything wrong and have no reason to feel guilty. If the company had such a problem with this they would have a clear policy in place-since they don't, it must not be an issue for them!

How many did you end up getting? I can see how they might be peeved if you had a lot of them, but you'd still be in the right in any case!
    >>BRAND NAMES up to 90% off* - join BEYOND THE RACK and get $10 FREE!<<
    *amended the percentage due to recent sales

Thread Information