User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

After seeing a thread on here about Shoppers being able to adjust the coupon value, I called Head Office myself to verify for my own local store. So as expected, HO told me yes, Shoppers' system has the ability to adjust the coupon and they should be adjusting it, they accept printable coupons and if they were giving me a hard time, tell the store to call HO.

With this info I went to my local Shoppers and tried to use the printable $5 Multibionta vitamins coupon on the $4.99 product. Went to the cash and they straight out refused. I politely asked them to call HO as instructed by HO. They just said "Nope, won't do it, the wait time is too long."

So another call to HO for me. This time I held on the line as HO tried to contact the store. After coming back on the line the HO guy informed me that Shoppers will no longer take coupons from me at this time. Yes, I have a coupon for almost everything, but isn't that what the manufacturer wants? For us to use their products. I will be contacting the store manager to get this worked out!

Anyone else had this happen?
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Try another SDM, don't waste your time there, if they don't want your business just leave it! I experiened that before, and I believe most of us experiened this at least once. For couponing, it really depends on the manager of each store!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

no coupons? like at all? or no overage coupons? How can they stop you from using coupons... did they take a mug shot and have it at the cash of every SDM? LOL...

sorry to hear about your problems. The SDM closest to me won't take coupons that are over the cost of the item and they won't adjust the coupon value. But then one of the SDM in Barrie I've been to will with no problems at all... It sucks but there's not much you can do I think. Maybe try another Shoppers near you.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

OMG how can they do that? You've been black listed!!
    This is insane.

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

That's one of the strangest things I've heard! Hopefully you have more than 1 Shopper's where you live....I'd blacklist THEM!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

no coupons? seriously? are they on something?

Trading Score
    81 (97%)

how ridiculous is that!!!!!
    thankfully i live in vancouver where there are 554545342324 shoppers in a 10 min driving distance.

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I'm always afraid of something like this so I try to make sure when I have particularly fabulous coupons I have other needed items in my cart. I have never tried to just use a coupon for one item that I know would cost me nothing, thus bring attention to the .1 cent discrepency. I a bit of a chicken that way. Today I bought oil of olay soap that was blow out price of $1.74 at Superstore and used my 2$ off coupon from Brandsaver booklet, but I had other items I was purchasing.
    I'm not sure what happened with your transaction but that would tick me off. SDM is usually really good about coupons, even internet printable ones. Like another post suggested...try another SDM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is the only Shoppers I go to so they all know I like to use coupons. I once used the $ off coupon for Popchips and the next day the manager approached and me said I had to give money back because the coupon had a US mailing redemption address which I had no idea mattered.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Yep! SDM tend to do that, some will accept the coupon some won't. It's all depends on the store manager. I won't bother arguing, I'll just go to another store.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Er.. that's a bit outrageous of them.
    I would call HO again, ask for their supervisor and tell them what happened and what you were told.
    Tell them how upset you are about it and how Shopper's has just lost a loyal customer. Let them know you'll take your business else where and price-match with a competitor. So much for supporting a Canadian company!
    No customer should be treated like that by the staff at the store or the customer service from HO.

Sorry this happened to you! SDM are usually really good with coupons!
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pmoonie View Post
    how ridiculous is that!!!!!
    thankfully i live in vancouver where there are 554545342324 shoppers in a 10 min driving distance.
    I thought we had it good with three!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

That does not surprise me at all.

We have 1 SDM in my town and there are 5 more within 20 minutes of me. The one closest has an awesome cashier and she comments on the coupon savings, she just checks the date and confirms it's still valid. I've never had an issue with her and always go to her lane.

However we were at another SDM on the weekend and the cashier took my $1.00 off colgate toothbrush coupons, but rolled her eyes and crossed out the $1.00 and slowly wrote .99 on each one. I didn't care I just stood there and smiled.

I hope you are able to get this problem resolved quickly.
    -Karen

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Sounds strange...maybe have a talk with the manager to see what their reason is!!
    If your using USA coupons (by mistake) they maybe gun shy...not sure of the details so its hard to advise....but try to resolve it at store level or get an answer from HO as to why they refuse you!!

Deal Finder
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm getting a little weary myself with SDM and they're not wanting to process my coupons at my particular "close to home" location. I'm beginning to feel less loyal to the company and have very good luck price matching, using coupons and using my SPC card at 2 locations within a reasonable drive. I did the survey the other night that is on the receipt and really gave an honest opinion of what I thought about the store closest to me. The lack of professionalism, differing coupon policies depending who is on cash and simply an unpleasant environment for shopping. My SDM bubble is bursting

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information