User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: stacking at LD

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I would go back with that policy. the P&G's don't say they can't be combined, they just say limit one manufactors coupon, which according to LD's rules still falls into the "one kind of coupon" rule.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I went to london drugs today and used stacks.
    I bought 6x $3.99 gillette deodorant used 2 stacks.

3 x Gillette Deodorant $3.99
    $5 WUB 3 Gillette products, Exp 05/31/11 66008301 (Brandsaver Inserts)
    $1 WUB any Gillette deodorant.... , Exp 05/31/11 66008284 (Brandsaver Insert)
    $1 WUB any Gillette deodorant, Exp 07/11/11 63754692 (Tear Pad, February *** there is another one out currently with a different UPC)
    $1 WUB any Gillette deodorant, Exp 07/11/11 63754692 (Tear Pad, February)
    $1 WUB any Gillette deodorant, Exp 07/11/11 63754692 (Tear Pad, February)
    $1 WUB any Gillette deodorant, Exp 07/11/11 63754647 (RCSS coupon Zone)

I had no problems with regular stacking. She didn't say anything. But I'm not sure about using the new brandsaver mailed out ones. Just thought i'd let you all know

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

sooo... pretty much stacking to get items for "free" is pretty much impossible.... we will be able to get things for "cheap" but not just pay the tax as we all do now!!! Luckly I have a pretty good stockpile right now!

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Perhaps stacking for "free" maybe gone but I know for myself that if I can get the item under the price point I have set (for example I will never pay more than .49 for toothpaste) then I am sure I can live with that.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I had the same thing happen in Vernon today fortunately I didn't shop first I asked about some coupons that I wanted to stack prior to getting the products. They say on them One coupon per purchase. This coupon is not valid in combination with other offers. WTH!! It doesn't say with other coupons? I'm soooo confused.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Brandsaver mailouts that say 1 manuf. per item are OUT as of now. Calliecat had an idea that she said she was going to ask about, but unless that's doable or they find another loophole, they're a NO.

My mom went in today (to get me some stuff :] isn't she great?) and said there was somebody with jergens printables (she thinks) in front of her. There was apparently a kerfuffle with the one per purchase thing, it sounds like the same person Amysaver was dealing with. Maybe she's a new gal, mom didn't mention her name and we generally know the names of everybody there.

My mom said Kim was there and told her there was updates recently coming in and they were trying to get situated with the new P&Gs and wording on everything and things are a little unclear right now.

Kamloops LD put a stop (or at least, a 99% stop, something may slide through occasionally) to allowing tax being paid down after somebody went in using more coupons than necessary to get overage, and bought items with that overage that they had no coupons for.

IMO that would be OK if there was only one coupon being used, like walmart, but this person added extra coupons that were completely unnecessary in to get the overage and be allowed to buy random items with it, which was not OK. If you've been able to get tax taken down for the past few months you are very lucky!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Brandsaver mailouts that say 1 manuf. per item are OUT as of now. Calliecat had an idea that she said she was going to ask about, but unless that's doable or they find another loophole, they're a NO.

My mom went in today (to get me some stuff :] isn't she great?) and said there was somebody with jergens printables (she thinks) in front of her. There was apparently a kerfuffle with the one per purchase thing, it sounds like the same person Amysaver was dealing with. Maybe she's a new gal, mom didn't mention her name and we generally know the names of everybody there.

My mom said Kim was there and told her there was updates recently coming in and they were trying to get situated with the new P&Gs and wording on everything and things are a little unclear right now.

Kamloops LD put a stop (or at least, a 99% stop, something may slide through occasionally) to allowing tax being paid down after somebody went in using more coupons than necessary to get overage, and bought items with that overage that they had no coupons for.

IMO that would be OK if there was only one coupon being used, like walmart, but this person added extra coupons that were completely unnecessary in to get the overage and be allowed to buy random items with it, which was not OK. If you've been able to get tax taken down for the past few months you are very lucky!
    I think i am confused with your post! :s

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm sorry Tell me what you need clarified, I'll do my best to make it make sense. I'm a bit drugged up today, lingering effects of an advil nighttime taken in the wee hours of the morning.

EDIT: Oh dear, I've misread your post. I thought it said that you don't have to pay tax now, and will soon. Sorry!
    Last edited by Chantel; Mon, Apr 18th, 2011 at 10:07 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

It kind of confusing me a little... you could have your coupons to a "T" like have the exact number of coupons for the exact amount of the product.. and yet you can never use all your coupons....it always exceeds the amount of the tax, so you cant use all the coupons........

Doesn't some coupons say-- Taxes included in face value of coupon??? I notice that today when I was reading one!
    Last edited by lilkaiser; Mon, Apr 18th, 2011 at 11:00 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Some coupons do say that about tax, I'm noticing that they're removing that on some. BUT I'm fairly sure it's law that coupons include the tax on all taxable items, so it shouldn't have to be said, but people don't seem to know that.

At LD here they just reduce the coupons so that the price you owe is just tax (assuming your stacks make all your items free). Basically what the new policy is saying, is if you have a $9 item and a $10 stack, don't expect to get $10 off, you'll get $9 off, up to the value of the item. The item will be free plus tax, but you will not be given the extra dollar towards your purchase, even though you had $10 in coupons. You can still use your $10 stack though, they'll just have to take the dollar off.

Sorry about all that, I was terribly confused. I think I understand now though.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

Ohh.. no I know that!!!

Okay.. so today I got 7diapers, 3wipes, 4 ziploc and 8 Deodorant. I had the exact amount of coupons to the amount of product I had (well like my price would be .99something and my coupon would be a dollar amount).. so I was only like 5pennies over.... and yet i didn't even give them my Deodorant coupons, and I was already at the price of the tax... so I got 8 Deodorant without using any coupons... I just paid the tax of all my stuff.... my product amount was 0 but the tax was $8something.. and I still didn't put in my Deodorant coupons

Do i make sense? haha.. its so hard to explain

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes that definitely makes sense! Sometimes the cashiers do it wrong because they can't anticipate which coupons you have and how much it'll come to. You didn't do anything wrong there, that was a fluke.

The person I mentioned did that on purpose, like having a bunch of different $2 coupons for something that was $9, but instead of only taking it to $10 to make it free and letting them reduce the last one by $1, they added in extra coupons for a total of a $14 stack that was totally unnecessary, just so they could get other items for free.

Don't feel bad, I think they're really really frazzled lately. It's not your fault, you had your stacks all ready and right and something went wrong. At very least, now you can go back and get more free deodorant with that stack!

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I have a question...I have some of the save $5WUB2 Tide/Downey coupons, they were ordered way before the wording change...can I still stack them at LD?...I am all confused now...

Trading Score
    5 (78%)

Quote Originally Posted by Murren View Post
    I have a question...I have some of the save $5WUB2 Tide/Downey coupons, they were ordered way before the wording change...can I still stack them at LD?...I am all confused now...
    yes you can! I Did it today!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

I got a few left from online- and thanks to the GREAT CALLIECAT! i have same flyer insert ones!!!! So as soon as tide is 4.99 im stocking up! (sad that would possibly be the last tide stack I do )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information