User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I posted part of this discussion as part of another thread but I decided to create a seperate thread.

This is not a knock at anyone in particular rather my personal feelings.

As we all know, Walmart has a new coupon policy that allows coupon overages to either be applied to the basket purchases or to be given back to the customer as cash....at the choice of the customer.

I was told they are trying to prevent abuse of the overages condition of the policy. I think it will be easier for the store not to have a fit if you are applying the overages to the basket purchase. It makes me VERY weary those who are making purchases ONLY to leave the store with money in their pocket........I hope this doesn't cause Walmart to adjust their new policy if too many people take money (versus applying overages to basket purchases.)

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that we can buy hand creams, wipes, and the like, and it helps to pay for groceries and other household items. But l hope we will be kind to Walmart and use the extra money we get from the coupons in the store at the time of purchase.

Anyhow, that's just my two cents.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Really looking for diaper coupons for my DIAPER DONATION COLLECTION!!

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Their policy says either is ok, so I think it must be ok to do it either way. I am betting it eventually gets changed though so that nobody gets paid out.

But personally, I agree. I would feel so strange leaving the store with money in my pocket. So far I have always used overages on my basket items...it is Walmart, afterall, and lord knows I can't leave that store without a basket full of stuff!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I think it should be common sense not to make it your goal to walk out of Wal Mart with as much money in your pocket as you possibly can...but we all know some like to make a game out of this sort of thing. Inevitably there will problems with this aspect of the policy, but just like with anything else, what can you do?

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

Yeah i can't see me EVER walking out of walmart with money THEY paid me.. even if it was only a couple bucks. Anytime I am buying something that is going to end up free.. I hide it in a large purchase. My OPP is never really LOW, but I also don't get hassled. When a cashier tells you your total is like 1.25 and you have 10 bags of things, it makes them stop an question the transaction, and that is usually when people run into problems.
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Harbinger of Cheerios MercuryBlue's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I agree- I never leave the store with money in my pocket. If I have 'change' from my coupons, I'll just buy something else with it.

My main reason for this is because shows like Extreme Couponing. There are people who really take advantage of deals, coupons, etc. As a result, a lot of companies are making stricter and stricter coupon policies (and the manufacturers themselves are getting stricter with their fine print!). Scoring a good deal at the right time is one thing- but there are some people who take things too far. That eventually has a negative effect on other couponers who are just trying to stretch already tight budgets.

I try to always be aware of how my actions could potentially affect couponing in Canada down the line. Is getting a good deal one day worth potentially not getting good deals in the future?

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I havn't read the new policy (didn't know there was one until yesterday lol) but I agree with you 100%
    I am a "senior canuck" but have been away from the site for awhile.. Please be patient with me as I go through and re-learn the ins and outs, do's and don'ts once again. . I look forward to chatting and trading with all of you

Trading Score
    116 (100%)

I 100% agree. This is what give 'us' a bad name. Yes they manufactures put these coupons out there for use, but if you find every loop hole possible they are going to put out less and less coupons. Most of the overages people are getting are on trial sizes as well, there is a place for them in society, but they should not be your everyday items. Anyone want to guess how much a new landfill or recycling plant costs? I can guarantee there is no coupon for them or your municipal taxes.

Click to sign up for Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CrombieMom

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I really, really want to be able to keep using the overages toward the rest of my purchases so I will not take cash back. I don't want them to change the policy. If they are going to owe me money, I add something else in.

What really drives me bonkers is people not following the fine print on the coupons. If it says "1 coupon per customer" only use one per customer!

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

I agree, and all these folks talking about how they think its wrong to ''walk'' out with money, yea i agree, but have u noticed in the brag section how alot of people are doing exactly that?
    People who are doing this obsessivley and in ridiculous amounts should think twice about the consequences.
    Walmart can change back their policy any time they want.
    Im all for applying overages to other items but not the excess that walmart may start to realize hey, people are abusing our new policy.
    The policy is put in place to be fair, not to be abused.

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Too much abuse of the policy and it won't be long before the manufacturers smarten up and specify that their coupons cannot be used on trial/travel size items, thus eliminating many of these overage opportunities.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I hope people don't abuse this. It's so nice, I love stuff like chocolate milk and treats of all kinds, and to be able to get them discounted with overages would be awesome, since a lot of stuff doesn't have coupons for it very often.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    14 (94%)

Agreed! I am worried that this policy change will be over before it even gets started...

How lovely to be able to apply a few dollars here and there on those things that do not normally go on sale/i do not have coupons for.

Like with everything else in life I suggest moderation is the way to go.

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I've been thinking about this a lot...I am still contemplating whether or not I could walk out with money in my pocket. Just the fact that I'd have to think about something so long gives me my answer.

BUT! I can think of 1 really good reason to do it just once!!!! Imagine how many husbands would be on board with the coupons and start helping out if we turned coupons into money at Walmart and then took the money to the Beer Store and turned it into BEER?!?!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by monkey'smom View Post
    Most of the overages people are getting are on trial sizes as well, there is a place for them in society, but they should not be your everyday items. Anyone want to guess how much a new landfill or recycling plant costs? I can guarantee there is no coupon for them or your municipal taxes.
    I sooooooo agree with you on this thought!!!

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by monkey'smom View Post
    Most of the overages people are getting are on trial sizes as well, there is a place for them in society, but they should not be your everyday items. Anyone want to guess how much a new landfill or recycling plant costs? I can guarantee there is no coupon for them or your municipal taxes.

my mom said the same thing when she saw all the posts about people getting 50, 60 ,80 boxes of ziploc bags for free
    shes like yea so much for people caring about the environment

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information