User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Greetings all:

We're invited to a wedding in Toronto in July. We haven't entirely decided that we're going, it's an expensive trip. If we do go, it's going to be our summer vacation and we'd probably stay four or five days rather than just the weekend. In particular, we want to take five year old DS to the Toronto zoo! We went ten years ago and it was amazing!

I was going to post this in the Ontario forum but figured most locals wouldn't have stayed in hotels!

Last year I found a GREAT airfare deal on SC for our trip to Ottawa, we paid about $250 each round trip including everything. While I hope to find that here this time too, I'm mostly on the lookout for a good deal on the hotel., as well as coupons/deals on tourist attractions like the zoo, CN Tower, restaurants, etc. We don't plan to rent a car (and yes, I know the zoo is far from downtown).

I'm thinking a Marriott Residence Inn will probably fit our needs if we can find a good deal on it. I know downtown TO is going to cost us, but that's near the reception, we don't want to have to drive to/from.

What we need in a hotel:

- Near the Art Gallery of Ontario downtown
    - A suite (with a separate bedroom) that will hold three adults and a five year old (sofabed and room for a cot OK)
    - An indoor pool to entertain DS
    - a kitchenette wtih a fridge, at least one burner to cook things (not only to save money - last vacation I was SO sick of eating out by the end of the week, couldn't wait to get home and cook something!)

Extras - free wireless internet, kid themed rooms (some hotels do this)

Please reply if you know of anyplace that will fit for us! Thanks!

Z
    This thread is currently associated with: Toronto Zoo

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I do not have advise, but I will be watching this thread for suggestions b/c we want to take the kids to the Toronto Zoo this summer.
    -Karen

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Greetings all:

We're invited to a wedding in Toronto in July. We haven't entirely decided that we're going, it's an expensive trip. If we do go, it's going to be our summer vacation and we'd probably stay four or five days rather than just the weekend. In particular, we want to take five year old DS to the Toronto zoo! We went ten years ago and it was amazing!

I was going to post this in the Ontario forum but figured most locals wouldn't have stayed in hotels!

Last year I found a GREAT airfare deal on SC for our trip to Ottawa, we paid about $250 each round trip including everything. While I hope to find that here this time too, I'm mostly on the lookout for a good deal on the hotel., as well as coupons/deals on tourist attractions like the zoo, CN Tower, restaurants, etc. We don't plan to rent a car (and yes, I know the zoo is far from downtown).

I'm thinking a Marriott Residence Inn will probably fit our needs if we can find a good deal on it. I know downtown TO is going to cost us, but that's near the reception, we don't want to have to drive to/from.

What we need in a hotel:

- Near the Art Gallery of Ontario downtown
    - A suite (with a separate bedroom) that will hold three adults and a five year old (sofabed and room for a cot OK)
    - An indoor pool to entertain DS
    - a kitchenette wtih a fridge, at least one burner to cook things (not only to save money - last vacation I was SO sick of eating out by the end of the week, couldn't wait to get home and cook something!)

Extras - free wireless internet, kid themed rooms (some hotels do this)

Please reply if you know of anyplace that will fit for us! Thanks!

Z
    Don't think it has a kitchenette but the Metropolitan hotel on Chestnut St is nice.Check www.tripadvisor.ca for Toronto hotel reviews.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

i stayed at the metropolitan in TO a few years ago... and it was gross.... it wasnt very clean... ( gum under the bed, holes in the blankets and sheets.... ) yeah not my fav..... it was very close to everything dt though... good luck....
    check out a trade bundle i have....
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/194029-...ewbies-canada/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you're looking for value I'd suggest the Novotel just east on Union station. It's close by the St. Lawrence market.

If you're really on a budget though, I'd recommend staying in the UofT residences. In particular New College. You don't get the standard amenities that you would expect from a hotel, but you do get access to a full kitchen and since it's on campus, it's very accessible to almost everything including the AGO - all for a very low price.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

My boss will only stay in the Marriott Courtyard, don't know if they have rooms that fit your needs, but its not badly priced for downtown Toronto

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...onto-downtown/
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The Delta also advertises itself as being kid friendly, maybe check that out too
    http://www.deltahotels.com/en/hotels...el/kid-centre/

Family room with kitchenette (1 queen, 1 sofa bed and bunkbed for kids)
    http://www.deltahotels.com/en/hotels...ily-fun-suite/
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Sat, Apr 16th, 2011 at 01:25 PM.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I LOVE the Delta!!! It's my second home when we're in Toronto! Nothing compares to their scrambled eggs in the morning!!
    I've also stayed at the Marriot Courtyard downtown and it's also very nice...but I'm not sure about the types of rooms they have for your needs...

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

If you are booking the Delta
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

[QUOTE=FallenPixels;3303243]If you are booking the Delta

Thank you!!! Much appreciated!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

any good deals in toronto downtown for July 24-26 2011?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Go to www.sqm.ca and anyone can do a mystery shop hotel job for them. It is a very easy form, mostly "yes" or "no" boxes to check off. You get reimbursed 50% of whatever your hotel bill is. There are many Toronto locations from which to choose.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The residence marriott is nice and this one is on sale

http://www.travelzoo.com/ca/hotels/o...-200--1051609/

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

If you can get a good rate at One King West, they are downtown, and every room has a kitchenette, as well as a washer and dryer...
    Open a Tangerine bank account (formerly ING ) using my Orange Key (14507658S1), deposit $100 and we both get $25! Right now, receive up to $150 in bonuses and earn 2.50% interest!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    My boss will only stay in the Marriott Courtyard, don't know if they have rooms that fit your needs, but its not badly priced for downtown Toronto

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...onto-downtown/
    ITA any of the Marriotts are generally very good and clean. Marriotts are basically the only chain we stay with. They have a great reward program as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information