User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Daycare worries

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I work with kids and while it's hard financially and emotionally when a family needs to move onto something else, the needs of the child always come first for me. If that isn't the way she sees it, maybe she's not the best person to be taking care of your little girl.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JordanBrown View Post
    For one thing your child is not treated like another cow in the field....how do you like that blanket statement...........whatever you respond back with it won't be responded to.........you have a great day but somehow i doubt that........if you are going to respond to someone be NICCEEEEEE!
    Grow up

..........maybe if you guys were nicer on here and you know who you are........there would be more members and less lurkers...quests!......

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by betholio View Post
    I think the OP has the right to do whatever she feels is best for her child and that daycare provider is being dramatic and weird and be glad you'll be rid of her.

JordanBrown,

Why is home daycare sooooooooo much better than a centre? I could not disagree more. That is a really odd blanket statement to make.

takes less energy to be nice than nasty............

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lol this post is getting a bit crazy now! But i will go ahead and throw in my two cents. My daughter was originally in home daycare but I removed her from it as the babysitter had her daughter in the home as well. And let her run around with a pen and she fell and now she's missing an eye! So for me daycare at an centre is way better. Everything is to a T there is no grey areas so nothing like this would ever happen. And you don't have to worry about your daughter being mentally physically or emotionally abused. Or just plain neglected. Plus you are able to get subsidy whereas in a home daycare that doesn't happen.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

........Please read the paper or at least a book before you comment on here .............................................
    Last edited by JordanBrown; Fri, Apr 29th, 2011 at 09:06 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^^^^(Jessep13)that's awful!!! I think the best home daycares are the ones through an agency - they are kept to a lot of the same standards that the centre's are.

...I need to move on now to get that image out of my head.
    Last edited by erin9mmm; Fri, Apr 29th, 2011 at 09:08 AM.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't mean to spark this controversy with home vs centres. I know its a very touchy subject.

but just to let you know in regards to my original post...
    I did not take my DD back to this homedaycare...have family/friends helping out, and starting at my employers daycare next week. Daycare provider has just been ridiculous and said I lied to her because I was on a waiting list, and that I have to take the blame. Blah blah blah. I'm over it now. I'm past being upset or angry, now I'm happy, cause I found out the truth and have found a great new place that will be way better for her.

I see the pros and cons of both home and centres, we all have our own reason for each, so please lets not bash others for their personal opinions.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I think we should all meet in the parking lot of the nearest Montessori school and arm wrestle about this.

Lexiesmom,

Totally normal for you to be upset. This is your kid. Everything to do with our kids we feel so much more intensely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information