User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have talked to a manager not at SDM but she said that most coupons are sent to NB cuz there is some sort of coupon HQ there where the majority of coupons get processed and reimbursed to the companies

She just said they have to make sure in the cash office that they are sent to the right place to be reimbursed

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MommyMelanie2007 View Post
    try creekside sdm, never have any trouble with coupons there. They are great
    I agree - Definately go to Creekside in Kincora - the Shoppers is great here for taking coupons.
    I have had trouble in the past with the one in Coventry - they do not let you use any coupons.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

If the tearpad that you got the coupon from is in their store then they have to honour it. Otherwise it is false advertising. I wonder if accepting coupons is somehow more work than any of us realize - maybe this is why there seems to be resistance? Perhaps they can sense a newbie coming?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

In my experience, SDM is one of the worst stores to use coupons at, they have totally inconsistent policies depending on what store you go to...I have stopped going to the one where I live because I had a problem with a horrible cashier and when I spoke to the manager about it, he was very rude to me as well..I called the main customer service number and they said they would have the store owner call me, but he never did. I feel that if that's how SDM treats customers they don't deserve my dollars. I used to spend a lot of money there every month, including prescriptions..I wish that stores like SDM would realize that couponers are just as valuable to have as customers as any other type of customer, and treat us that way, and even try to make it easy for us to use our coupons there instead of causing people to leave the store feeling awful. LD is a great store for couponers, even when they can't take coupons for whatever reason, they are still friendly and nice.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    197 (100%)

Keep your chin up and don't get discouraged. Keep using coupons and don't let that experience turn you off. We've all been there
    Vous parlez français? Venez nous visiter sur www.rabaisextreme.ca!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think maybe the reason they aren't getting reimbursed is because most coupons go to Saint John. So they probably just bundle them all up and send them there without even looking at the address and then don't get reimbursed for the ones that needed to go somewhere else. There's no other logical reason for them not getting their money back.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I had trouble at my local SDM this week trying to redeem the Oasis coupons from gocoupons, they told me that they were only allowed to redeem coupons from NB and the Oasis coupons have a Quebec redeeming address. I held my ground though and managed to get through to her.

I think the main problem is that predominantly Canadian coupons have a NB redemption address versus the El Paso Texas redemption address that the American coupons have and that SDM is telling its cashiers to only redeem the NB address coupons so they avoid getting American coupons and are inadvertantly forgetting that Canadian companies ( which I always try to shop for) would have the redeeming address at their companies head office versus a coupon redemption service (i.e. NB) that the American companies use for their Canadian coupons.

Just my two sense

Have a great day everyone!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The problem is that SDM (still) doesn't have a coupon policy so its up to the individual stores to make one which causes issues. Its probably just easier for them to bundle them all up and send them to the clearing house in NB but that doesn't mean they won't get reimbursed if they send them properly to the other addresses, they just save on postage by bundling all the NB ones
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

A big problem with SDM is that every store has their own coupon policy. I agree with all SCers that a coupon policy is required. I've heard many things from other employees i've worked with. For instance, their previous store owner wouldnt let customers use coupons on anything that is on sale, which to me is ridiculous. My two cents on this issue is really poor management. As long as the cash manager has a good organization system, handling coupons should be a no brainer. As long as your coupons are used for the correct items and aren't expired, just stand your ground on any issue that comes up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information