User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Hi SC'ers,

I've just signed up for this amazing forum tonight, will post an intro perhaps tomorrow. Just very quickly, I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now, initially out of curiosity from watching TLC's Extreme Couponing show (like most newbies I'm sure ), and then realized just how valuable coupons could be for saving money on the things I buy every day.

I have a question about SDM and the SmartSource tearpad coupons. I went to my local SDM today to purchase the Sunlight laundry detergent for the Sun. and Mon. price of $3.99, and was planning to use one coupon per bottle (I'm still an extreme newb and not even thinking about stacking yet, just finding the best deals and then using coupons to bring the prices down further).

While I was hunting the aisles, I found the $2 Dove WUB2 coupon, and decided to buy 2 bottles of shampoo as well.

When I got to the cash register, the cashier refused to let me use ANY of my coupons, saying they had the "wrong address," on them, and that particular store will not deal with coupons having that address. I was only going to use the one Dove coupon plus 2 Sunlight ones, one of which was from a tearpad found at Safeway, and the other was from Save.ca.

I was so shocked that I didn't know what to say (and didn't seem like anything anyone had posted having problems with here on SC)! And unfortunately, not having the biggest self esteem in the world, I didn't even think to ask for a manager to verify what I was being told (I was also needing to leave to make it to my bootcamp class on time). I did try to call the store to speak with a manager later, but only ended up with a manager's voicemail (it was about 8:15pm by this time), and so just gave up for the evening, deciding instead to ask you, oh wise SC'ers if anyone has heard of this before? I mean why would a store even display tearpad coupons if they're not going to accept them at the till?!?!

I'm in Calgary, and this was the Coventry Hills SDM, if anyone has had any previous experiences there.

I was all excited about starting to venture into the addictive world of couponing, and I feel like I've been smacked in the face already
    (Though my day was made slightly better when I opened the mailbox to find the Purina coupon that I'd scored by emailing the company to tell them that Fancy Feast is the only wet food my kitty will eat )

I'm sorry this is so wordy! Any words of wisdom or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. And if I do get the courage (and the time - my job is extremely busy most days) to call and ask for a manager, which one is it? Sales? Front of Store? (can you tell I've never worked retail before? lol)

Thanks again everyone!
    -- MissPuff (Puff is my kitty's name - my name is Cheryl)
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Purina, Safeway, Save.ca Coupons, Shoppers Drug Mart, Smart Source

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

If you call and complain they will give you extra points from head office. As well I would call and complain to the store manager.... providing that the addy on the coupons was in canada.
    "I can't brain today, I have the dumb"

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

just a heads up on the dove coupon...it says you have to buy 2 different dove products, even though that was not their issue. i've never had problems at SDM but coupons are overwhelming the stores right now so some cashiers are getting fed up i think.

Trading Score
    2 (67%)

thats rediculous- i already had some of the dove tear pad coupons for the dove and redeemed tham at shoppers today and in the isle in front of the Dove products was the tearpads with the $2 dove WUB2........ why do they have them on the floor of some Shoppers Drug MArts but not even accepting them from others- I reccomend you complain too and if you are to afraid to say anything to anyone in person call or email them
    Thank u all for your good working finding and sharing couponas anf reebies- Have a $3 similac cheque to trade for FPC- I have a 1 year old- but am willing to negotiate!

Also have many other coupons id love to trade for another good coupon

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

What was the address on the coupons?
    Last edited by sarah_300c; Tue, May 3rd, 2011 at 06:16 AM.

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

As long as the address was Canadian they should have accepted them. I would definitely call and complain

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

i would call and complain to the store manager in a nice way, don't get mad seem to be the best. When l have done this in the past they give out gift cards.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What was the address on the Sunlight ones?

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheryl76 View Post
    What was the address on the Sunlight ones?
    The Sunlight tearpad coupons and the Save.ca coupon both have the following address:

Sun Products Canada, P.O. Box 1600, Pickering, ON L1V 7C1

So, they were definitely Canadian coupons...

-- MissPuff (aka Cheryl)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MissPuff View Post
    The Sunlight tearpad coupons and the Save.ca coupon both have the following address:

Sun Products Canada, P.O. Box 1600, Pickering, ON L1V 7C1

So, they were definitely Canadian coupons...

-- MissPuff (aka Cheryl)
    WTH ?? what's wrong with your SDM ?

If the cpns are not valid at that store why are they even displaying them in their store ?

I think you just got a bad cashier & maybe its not a store issue .

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi everybody......i've just registered for these forums today....but have been couponing for about a month now. I also joined Shopper's Drug Mart's Optimum program and so am quite interested in this thread.

When I was in line the other day at SDM to pay for my items....I overheard the cashier say to the lady in front of me....who was trying to use a coupon.....that for them to accept the coupon it must have a St. John's New Brunswick address on it. That's the only place they will get reimbursed for the coupon themselves.

I don't know the validity of this statement.....but just my 2 cents worth for the discussion.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Someone else had a problem, there was another post, using a coupon at Shoppers with the Pickering address. http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/188247-problem-using-colgate-palmolive-coupns-sdm-anyone-else-experience-canada/
    "Never will you get a better psychological subject than a hungry cat" Dr. E. Thorndike
    "Never ask a hungry cat whether he loves you for you alone" L. Camuti

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    237 (100%)

Happened to me at SDM a while back. Cashier said she could only take cpns that had NB address for reimbursement. Luckily all the coups I had were for NB so no prob but I did tell her I'd never heard of this policy. She said it was new as they'd been having problems getting reimbursed. Funny thing though, been to that same store many times since & it's never been mentioned again .

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

try creekside sdm, never have any trouble with coupons there. They are great

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

One SDM I went to said that they are not allowed to accept coupons with mailing addresses to PEI or NB. Huh???? What's with this new rule??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information