User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mutchdutch View Post
    I *think* the west gets $200 for 95,000 pts. on bonus redemption days now too.
    Yes, you're right. Now it's the same.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon.jenn View Post
    What can you use the points for?

Check this post by Insane

Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum FAQ and Q&A What is Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum?
    It's a loyalty program by Shopper Drug Mart. Currently you earn 10pts for ever dollar, rounded DOWN to the nearest dollar. There are many ways to optimize and earn more but the base point amount is 10pts/$.

What is Plus status?
    Basically, it's a perk for people who earn 15,000 base points in a calendar year. This is excluding bonus points earned from promotions.

What's the big deal with plus status?
    With plus status you get invited to special offers. You used to get bonus points back when you redeemed, but effective July 1 2010, you no longer get that. You get special promotions and coupons emailed to you mostly, so make sure your email is up to date with them!

I just earned plus status. When does it take effect?
    Plus status takes effect immediately when you earn it. You will have plus status for the remainder of the calendar year and the next calendar year. You must re-earn it each year though. For example...if you obtain plus status in 2010 you will have plus status for 2010 and 2011. But in 2011 you will need to accumulate the needed base points to have it for 2012.

How can I optimize my points?
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/113369-...mizing-canada/

What is a 20x point event?
    Several time throughout the year Shoppers offers optimum member 20x the points on their purchase when you spend a certain amount (currently $50). Therefore, instead of earning 500 points on a $50 purchase, you'd earn 10,000. It's an amazing deal and definately worth your while. These are good events to purchase big ticket items as well, or fragrances/cosmetics that rarely go on sale. Be sure to check your emails, as sometimes these events are through coupons emailed to customers.

Can I use coupons during a 20x points event?
    YES! Currently (and as with anything it's subject to change) you earn points on $ off coupons (not coupons for free products). Therefore, you can maximize your points during a 20x points event by spending $50 BEFORE coupons. For example, you spend $50 but have $20 worth of coupons (excluding free product coupons). Your out of pocket would be $30 (and the tax of course) but you'd still earn your 20x points.

Will I get 20x if I buy a Gift Card?
    No. Like everything in life, there are exclusions. You don't get bonus points on GC unless it's a SPECIFIC GC event.

What is a bonus redemption day?
    Several times a year Shoppers optimum runs a promotion where you get more money off for your redemption. If you redeem 50,000pts you get $100 off (instead of $85) and if you redeem 95,000pts you get $200 off (instead of $170). Some times these events are for the entire store (with exceptions) and sometimes they are for cosmetics and fragrances only. Once so far, they've been mega redemptions which got you even more. No idea if they'll do it again though. These are also great times to use any mail in rebates that you have. As with everything in life, it is subject to change.

Can you redeem for gift cards?
    No. Shoppers or otherwise.

What is refer a friend?
    A couple of times a year they run a promotion where if you refer a friend (they must sign up under your name using the e-vite you send them through the program) you get bonus points. You and your friend must shop during the specified days and spend a certain amount. The last event you earned 8,000pts per friend. This is by far the most effective way of earning points, especially if you get a few friends together. Restrictions, ect.... are posted with the event.

What is a Spend $X get Y points event? What about coupons in these events?
    These events when you spend the minimum amount you get a set # of bonus points. If you go over the minimum threshold, you still only get the same # of points. You can most definately use coupons during these events. Regular cents off coupons will reduce your out of pocket (OOP) but still get you the points. So if it is spend $75 and get 18,500pts, you can use $20 (or whatever amount) and only pay $55 but get the bonus points. Bonus point coupons on particular products can also be used during these events.

What is code 2001 and 2002?
    These are the "codes" that the cashier enters to tell the computer what kind of coupon is being used. 2001 is supposed to be used for regular $ off coupons. You earn points on these coupons, but pay taxes on the amount too. 2002 is for free product coupons (try me free type coupons). You do not earn points on these coupons but you also do not pay taxes. There are other codes such as 2003 but they are rarely used.

My points were not added when Shoppers said they would. Who do I call?
    1-800-SHOPPERS (really it's SHOPPER cause you only need 7 letters but SHOPPERS is easier to remember and the extra digit doesn't matter when you are dialing!)

Do I earn points on gift cards?
    You earn points on Shopper's gift cards but not on the other gift cards they sell. Occasionnally they have promos for bonus points when you buy some of the other types.

Do you pay taxes on redemptions?
    Taxes are payable on the total before redemption. So if you are redeeming for $170, you have to pay taxes on the full $170.

Do I earn regular points on redemptions?
    Nope. You earn points on the portion you pay (aside from the taxes). So if you have $90 worth of stuff and are redeeming for $85 you will earn points on the $5 you are out of pocket. Certain bonus promotions will work with redemptions (ie buy X product get Y points) but not all the promotions work that way.

Can I use coupons with a redemption?
    You bet! Go ahead and maximize your redemption with coupons!!

I want to redeem for $170 but only have $125 worth of stuff in my cart. Can I get the rest on a GC?
    No. You forfeit any difference. So if you want to redeem for $170 anything under $170 is forfeited. Alternatively, you can redeem for a lower level (ie $85 off instead of $175) even if you have enough points for the higher level. So if you only want to spend $85 but have enough for the $175 redemption, you can simply redeem for the $85 level, but you have to inform the cashier.

Do my points expire every year?
    No, points are carried over. However, points expire after 12 mths of inactivity.

How many redemptions can I make?
    According to section 25 of the terms and conditions you can make 2 redemptions at any level per day but only 1 redemption per transaction.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

If you are in Calgary and you have London Drugs close by ..you might even get the products you are buying for much cheaper after Price Match + Coupon Stacking .

You can't stack coupons at SDM but you can @ LD .

Some of the items you are buying could be close to FREE @ London Drugs if you stack the cpns from brandsaver.ca , brnadsaver flyer insert etc

http://blog.londondrugs.com/2011/04/...don-drugs.html
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Coupon Stacking at London Drugs

It is the responsibility of the retailers to follow the offer and restrictions printed on the coupons in order to have the coupon redeemed. There are a few key restrictions to be aware of:

• The amount of the coupon. This is the maximum amount that coupon can be redeemed for
    • Expiry date has not been exceeded
    • Is redeemable in Canada(has a Canadian Clearing House mailing address)
    • The product named on the coupon has been purchased
    • The size and/or flavour of the item, as stated on the coupon, have been purchased
    • The required number of items has been purchased
    • If a coupon states it cannot be used or combined with any other coupon offer, then that coupon cannot be used with other coupons.
    • Only one coupon per purchase. This means only one of this exact type of coupons can be used. (multiple coupons can be used as long as they are all different)
    • Taxes: see question below tax wording

London Drugs staff take pride in providing a superior shopping experience everyday – and it may be necessary to book an appointment for dedicated time to allow for proper processing of each coupon in the transaction. For this reason, it may be smart to contact your chosen store in advance for an appointment. Most coupon stacking education sites expressly recommend working with the store staff to ensure the transaction does not impact lineups.
    We have a right as a retailer to limit quantities, especially if we suspect the product is being purchased for resale. We require any customer with the intention of purchasing large amount of products, work with the store to pre-order product in advance. Should we continually be driven to out of stocks, it could jeopardize our ability to continue with coupon stacking.

1. Will London Drugs price match products and then accept stacks of coupons?
      Yes. When purchasing identical products, our price match policy is distinct from the coupon policy.
    2. Does LD allow the total of all the coupons stacked to exceed the value of the product?
      No, the coupons total value cannot exceed the value of the product. For example, if the customer presents 3 coupons that are $2.50each ($7.50) and the product is $6.00, the last coupon would be processed through the till as $1.00 (not to exceed $6.00).
    3. When an item is Buy 1, Get 1 free can coupons be used for the purchased item and additional coupons used on the free item?
      No. The coupons can only be used on the first item as there must be a purchase in order to use coupons. As an offer already exists to get the second item free, no further coupons are required or can be accepted.
    4. Are there times when a customer coupon stacking privilege can be revoked at London Drugs?
      Yes. If we are aware that a customer is buying large quantities of products frequently for re-sale, this should not be allowed. London Drugs is a retailer, not a wholesaler. Coupons are not intended to be used for large scale frequent wholesaling practices. The store manager will revoke coupon staking privileges for anyone buying product frequently for resale.
    5. Internet coupons printed at home are becoming more popular. The coupon sometimes is smudged or illegible, will you still accept them?
      No. We must be able to read and follow the eligibility and restrictions set out by the coupon. If we cannot verify the restrictions, or are uncertain of the coupons validity, then it cannot be accepted.
    6. Will you accept a U.S. coupon or coupons in US funds if it was issued in the US?
      No. We can only accept valid Canadian based coupons. The only exception would be a US coupon that indicates it is valid in Canada. The coupon must still have a Canadian Clearing House mailing address.

Our coupon policy is in place to help extend savings to our customers.
    London Drugs has a responsibility to follow the directions clearly stated on coupons. We pride ourselves on offering a superior shopping experience everyday and we hope to keep our coupon stacking policy as long as it’s not abused.
    HAPPY SHOPPING.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Fri, May 6th, 2011 at 12:28 PM.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

You can't stack the P&G on-line coupons anymore. So unless the OP has coupons from other sources (example tear pad coupons). And only has the P&G flyer coupons then she is better off doing it at Shopper's to get the points.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am from Calgary and sometimes my stacks arent worth enough so I will use the coupons at SDM and get the points. My list at sdm has to be really cheap or cheaper then if I went to LD. Also LD only allows 1 PM so sometimes going to the actual store who has the deal is a better deal. IE when tide goes on sale and you want to use a b2S$5. You will get 1 cheap and then pay the LD price for the other

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

<!-- GAL -->

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information