User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Okay...so my sister and I wanted to take advantage of spend $75, get 18,500 points, believing that we are able to use coupons to reduce our OOP, but still get the points.
    Well, once we got there (Beacon Hill SDM), our store was sold out of Clorox bleach, Stayfree pads, and Lever 2000. But, we were able to get to $75 before coupons. So we go to the cashier, he rings through our order, we pay ~$51 (after coupons), and almost get outside, before my sister realizes we were NOT awarded our 18,500 points. We go back to our cashier, he says that $75 has to be BEFORE taxes and AFTER coupons! So, I figured, we've already paid $50, so asked him to do a refund, then he had to ring it all through again, but this time, I added a book, granola, and some bars, to make our OOP total over $75. Aargh!
    Does anyone know what the actual 'policy' is here in Alberta, regarding these days (20x points, Buy $75, get extra points, etc etc). We keep reading all of your amazing deals, but we have tried this at least twice, and it has never worked for us!
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks for reading & for any tips or advice!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

What kind of coupons did you use? Regular? FPC? How it was entered? 2001, 2002? Do you have your original receipt, the one where you did not get 18,500 points?

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Vov76 View Post
    What kind of coupons did you use? Regular? FPC? How it was entered? 2001, 2002? Do you have your original receipt, the one where you did not get 18,500 points?
    I had 8 regular coupons, 1 bonus point coupon (2 olay products = 3000bp), and yes, 1 FPC (free glade sense & spray). The regular coupons were entered as 2001, and the FPC was entered as 2002. I did not realize that would make a difference!

Shopping Addict
    Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I think it might be because of the bonus point offers on Olay...I think you can't combine 2 different offers on bonus points. This has happened to me a couple of times before and it is frustrating...but glad you got your points in the end

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by susan.h View Post
    I had 8 regular coupons, 1 bonus point coupon (2 olay products = 3000bp), and yes, 1 FPC (free glade sense & spray). The regular coupons were entered as 2001, and the FPC was entered as 2002. I did not realize that would make a difference!
    was your regular points below 750? I guess the reason is the FPC.

Coupon's Dirty Mistress g_skywalker's Avatar
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)

yeah the FPC would matter, as well with the new systems sometimes when it shows up on the screen it shows as one price and then becomes a different price when processed(that happened to me today, I saw $75 and put back something I was going to buy, but I had forgotten to confirm all the prices were final price and they weren't, once the reduced prices went through I was under the $75) but without using fpc's I did it twice today and had no problem with being well under $75 with coupons.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Yes, if they enter in 2002, then it does not count towards your $75 total.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

FPC is the problem. Only regular coupons would count towards 18,500 points or 20x the points.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks everyone for your fast replies!
    I am still such a newbie...lol...I have a lot to learn!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    137 (100%)

Thanks everyone for your fast replies!
    I am still such a newbie...lol...I have a lot to learn!

Not to worry you'll get there! We all were new at one point I love doing Mail In Rebate offers for these point events, get your points and your money back

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yes except the FPC ( code 2002 ) ..if your total was $ 75 or $ 75 + ..irrespective of how many $ OFF cpns ( code 2001 ) you used later on to bring it below $ 75 ..you should still get the 18,500 BP .

Just subtract the one FPC ( code 2002 ) which you used & see what your total is ..don't worry about all the 2001 codes .. I think you just missed the mark by a few dollars bcoz of that FPC ( code 2002 ) ..hence you didn't get the 18,500 BP .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

yikes, its always so complicated to stand there trying to figure it all out for me. I just prefer to make sure to reach the required total.of 75 after my cpns are taken off..... one way of other for me then I know that the bonus points are going to go thru.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by minouchefreedom View Post
    yikes, its always so complicated to stand there trying to figure it all out for me. I just prefer to make sure to reach the required total.of 75 after my cpns are taken off..... one way of other for me then I know that the bonus points are going to go thru.
    True

But , SDM is so expensive its not worth it to spend $ 75 over there even if you are going to get the 18,500 Bonus Points ..that's why people try to bring their total to well below $ 75 after using all the cpns

If you are not using lot of cpns & if you are not getting BP ..most of the times its not really worth shopping @ Shoppers

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

I never use FPC's at SDM....no points so not worth it! (I used them at Sobeys or Zellers whenever possible).

Make sure you have them subtotal your stuff (before tax should be over $75) & then give your coupons. Like others said the FPC messed up your order!!

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Check what happened to me when I tried to get the 18,500 points.

Purchased 5 x NeilMeds at $13.99 = $69.95
    Then I knew I needed an extra $5.05 so I purchased 2 x bags of popcorn. They were marked at $3 each. So I get to the cash and it ended up at $84.95 before taxes. I thought this was strange because it should have been a lot closer to $75 than $85. I pay and on my way out I notice a $10 lottery ticket on my receipt......hey I did not buy any lottery ticket! The guy ahead of me did but not me! Waited my turn again at the cash and the cashier gave me back $10 cash.

Only again on my way out did I notice on my receipt that the popcorn was on special at $2.50. I missed the $75 by $0.05. I would have noticed if it would not have been for tht stupid lottery ticket that showed up on my purchase. GRRRRRRRRR! That happens to me so often at Shoppers....they do not advertise their specials in the store.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information