User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I don't shop at SDM too often but I went in last weekend to get a few things that I had coupons for. I had 3 bottles of Sunlight laundry detergent, 2 bottles of Dawn dishsoap and 2 packs of Easy Ups. I was informed that just recently they had changed their policy and would only be able to use my coupons on ONE of each product. She DID allow me to use both of my Easy Ups coupons because they were different coupons but she said she didn't think she was supposed to. So I had to go back again to get a second bottle of Sunlight and Dawn, which is a pain! Anyone else have this happen?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pampers, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Shoppers has never allowed stacking.

Are you thinking of London Drugs perhaps?

Current user title here.
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

bc chik is not talking about stacking. It sounds like someone has misinterpreted coupon rules but it would be interesting if this policy was introduced chain wide. It would solve a few problems for SDM. I can't justify taking large numbers of coupons from their stores if they only allow me to use one.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It will be interesting to hear feedback from the rest of the country.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It sounds like they mean one per transaction (which is what most store policy consider one per purchase to mean, even if the cashiers (correctly IMO) consider it one per item(
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

unfortunately BC_Chik our local SDM sucks!!!! (I kno wwe live in the same town.)

You can only use 1 like coupon per transaction. So if you wanted to buy 4 Olay bodywash and wanted to use 4 of the $2 off Olay coupons you would need to ring them ALL in seperately. This in and of itself is a pain in the butt, however it is particularly discriminating when it comes to special events/promos (such as 20 X the points or get a $10GC WUS $50) because it becomes nearly impossible to reach those totals when only buying 1 of any kind of sale item with a like coupon.

I've pretty much given up trying and am IMPATIENTLY waiting for SDM to release their storewide coupon policy. So for now I just use SDM for their coupons and I price match their items at Walmart or Zellers!!

Really looking for diaper coupons for my DIAPER DONATION COLLECTION!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Sorry I had no idea. What a ridiculous policy.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Oh thats a good idea.....PM'ing....still haven't really gotten into doing that yet. Probably would be more convenient than going to every store lol

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm in Montreal, and I had the same problem at my Pharmaprix (SDM in Quebec). They only let me use one like coupon per transaction. This happened to me about a month ago, and I haven't been back since. I just haven't felt like working so hard to organize my purchases into several transactions.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Same thing in Fredericton. They started this a few months back now. I usually used the $1 Royale of TP when they have the 20x events to stock up on TP. Now if I purchase 4 x package of TP I can only use 1 coupon and not 4. Really sucks!

Thread Information