User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

In my opinion, FPCs should be considered the same as freebies.
    Contest winnings for 2011 : ARV = $8566<WBR>

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    "Coupon freebies" have always been moved out of here. This is nothing new. Usually when coupons hail freebies, it is indicated in the title or in the weekly major deals thread. If you're hitting "new posts" like most to view threads, there is little chance of missing them.
    Forgive me if this is obvious and I'm just missing it, as I am a new member to the forum, but could you please tell me where the "New Posts" button is that you're referring to? When I come to the site, I just click on Freebies, and assumed that, this is infact where freebies would be posted. That's what seems most logical to me. But it sounds like perhaps I'm missing out on a lot of them.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

FPC - to me even though it is a coupon - it's still a Freebie! However, if you want to move them to the coupon section, could we maybe post a thread under a stickie and start a new thread there. Just a suggestion. I work, and try to hit the forum once or twice a day, I like that I can go to this one forum and voila, there is anything new for freebies - FPC or otherwise - and I know this may sound lame as well, but I like the layout of the Freebie Forum better than the coupon forum - the coupon forum, the FPC's get lost cause there are SO MANY COUPONS listed.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    "Coupon freebies" have always been moved out of here. This is nothing new. Usually when coupons hail freebies, it is indicated in the title or in the weekly major deals thread. If you're hitting "new posts" like most to view threads, there is little chance of missing them.
    I'll end my opinion and go eat cookies by saying this. What the staff/boss..even a mini boss decide, it's what we follow but....

"Coupon freebies" have always been moved out of here. This is nothing new.

true, but by letting people post FPC's in the freebies section and leaving them there sends a mix message and false hope. ..off eating cookies.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

So, the Chocolate Cheerios, the Asana Yogurt, the Nice n' Easy hair dyes, the Vitamin Water, the Stride Gum and so forth, all these items should not be posted here ever?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmel View Post
    true, but by letting people post FPC's in the freebies section and leaving them there sends a mix message and false hope. ..off eating cookies.
    I don't understand this statement. Are you postulating that people are upset when they have to go to the store to get their freebie rather than having it delivered directly to them? Because I often see posts about freebies that are being offered in-store in the same Freebies and Samples forum.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kduever View Post
    In my opinion, FPCs should be considered the same as freebies.
    I agree! and if anything maybe they should be posted in both sections instead of being moved all the time...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I frequent both (although I don't check the freebies section very often) but I will say that I like free stuff enough to check both sections.

Ryley, if you look at the top of your screen, there is a burgundy band across the top just below where you will see your PMs. On that band is a "New Posts" click-through.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How come fpc postings couldn't be put in both sections? I definitely have more luck stumbling upon them in the freebie section. I understand why they are moved to coupons and think they belong in both!!
    I definitely like the idea of starting a 'sticky' of fpc offers in the coupon section if they must all be moved to that section to ease perusal.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Screamy! Found it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

No problem! I remember being baffled by all the options here when I started. I still have no clue how candies work. LOL.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not trying to be combative, and this is the last I'll say on it. I understand that we should listen to mods, but I can't help but voice my opinion on the fact that it's obvious considering this thread that people do not find it easy to find fpcs in the coupon section and/or consider a "freebie" forum to include fpcs. I just think, that being the case, and the fact that this website was made for the sole purpose to be helpful to couponers, freebie collectors, etc., that perhaps something should be done here. Just my opinion.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mollymarie
    to join me on swagbucks and earn tons of gift cards and paypal money

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by awhit066 View Post
    I don't understand this statement. Are you postulating that people are upset when they have to go to the store to get their freebie rather than having it delivered directly to them? Because I often see posts about freebies that are being offered in-store in the same Freebies and Samples forum.
    No, this is not what i meant. If we are not allowed to post fpcs in the freebie section then they should be moved to the coupon section. By leaving them in the freebie section, it sends mixed signals...ok to post them there and be told at the same time they are not...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I understand a FPC is physically a coupon but still a freebie... So many companies have been offering freebies on Facebook and such, and they don't always tell you whether they will send you a coupon or something in the mail. i.e. Do you have to assume a pack of gum will be sent in the mail and a frozen baguette will be a FPC therefore live in different sections?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

...can we have a vote or something, because it seems like a lot of us would like to have them in both sections....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information