User Tag List

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

99c Depot in the Food Basics plaza @ Upper Wentworth & Rymal are a bunch of THIEVES! I've gone there for a long time and recently I started getting suspicious of my bills and I've been paying attention now.

Last time I was there she overcharged me $9. I came in with all of my birthday balloons and got them filled with helium. I picked up some wrapping paper and a card and then when I left I went to the car and looked over my bill....overcharged by $9. So I went back in and asked about it. She claimed that she thought I got all of the balloons there. I clearly walked in the door, said "hello" and walked straight to the counter with my balloons, obviously didn't pick them all out there. Plus the amount she overcharged wouldn't have even covered the cost of all the balloons. She ended up giving my money back.

Today I went in and bought 5 items that were $1 each...anything over $1 has a price sticker on it. I also got 2 balloons for my kids. I checked my bill and sure enough....she charged me $1.50 for the 5 items. So instead of going back to fight for my money back again, I thought I'd come on here and tell everyone to stay far away from this store!

She has that little look on her face too....she KNOWS she's ripping people off!
    This thread is currently associated with: Food Basics

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the warning. I much prefer the one at Upper Gage and Fennel in the Canadian Tire plaza.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

ha that is funny to know she yelled at my son and his friends and said all teens steal and din't want them in the store Since then I stopped going in there that was a while back ago!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the heads up. I don't really like the 99cent depots, I find them musty and gross anyways. I prefer dollar giant or dollarama. and they DON'T rip you off and CAN'T since pretty much everything is scanned in!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks for the tip

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah, I got a bad vibe when I went in there ( didn't get over charged,well,not scammed..I was charged $1.50 for a medication holder that I know goes for $1 at other $ stores..the store was icky looking so I sure as heck wouldn't go back again.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

the one in stoney creek is smelly too, so I stay away from that store.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I went there once and never again! I'll stick to my Dollarama and EFADS. We needed something small, I think it was a measuring cup.. $5!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by canadianwoman View Post
    Thanks for the warning. I much prefer the one at Upper Gage and Fennel in the Canadian Tire plaza.

There isn't one there anymore. They went out of business of moved. FreshCo took over the space.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PennySaved View Post
    There isn't one there anymore. They went out of business of moved. FreshCo took over the space.
    That just proves how long it has been since I was there. LOL.

Thread Information