User Tag List

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Anyone else Planting gardens/flowers?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

some of my hostas

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

ooooooooooooooo those are beautiful!!! Very nicely done They look so healthy. How the heck do ya do it? lol.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

umm.. i dunno? lol... i pretty well just plant them in the ground and leave them alone.. the only annuals you'll find in my yard go into pots.. everything else in my garden is a perennial, or some sort of flowering shrub.. we have hard clay soil too, i don't know what the builders were thinking when they trucked it in.. buggers.. lol.. further into the summer the one hosta with the yellow-edged leaves won't look so nice - it gets the full mid-day sun and it goes a little bit crispy along the edges

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

and thank you

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I know our soil has way too much water retention and our south facing yard gets no sun because of our neighbour's trees and fence. I'm thinking about mixing in some peat moss for drainage.

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    **snicker**

that's cute

sparrow could be right, it could be something as simple as a fertilizer issue.. perhaps there is something with the soil? too much of something, too little of something? overwater, underwater?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

wouldn't peat moss just hold even more water? what about adding some sand?

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Show off...

My hostas are actually doing okay too, but no flowers yet. I've actually got those other two plants you have in the first picture as well, the sugarbush and the other plant with the double petaled flowers. I forget what they're called but they're spreading like weeds.

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post

some of my hostas

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Show off...

My hostas are actually doing okay too, but no flowers yet. I've actually got those other two plants you have in the first picture as well, the sugarbush and the other plant with the double petaled flowers. I forget what they're called but they're spreading like weeds.
    lol... the two plants to the right of the hosta? one's a columbine and the one on the far right is a sedum, blooms at the end of the summer

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Both of your pics look so amazing!! Thanks for sharing I'm gonna go pout now lol.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I know our soil has way too much water retention and our south facing yard gets no sun because of our neighbour's trees and fence. I'm thinking about mixing in some peat moss for drainage.
    I think sand would be better for drainage as well.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

My rose bush has bloomed. Its kind of drooping from all the rain we've had, but should perk up a bit.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

That is amazingly beautiful!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing You all have such nice plants. Now I'm off to reallly pout lol

Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

here are some of my hostas (although they're bigger now)

recessionisnotfun --> i definitelly recommend you give these a try particularly if you have a shady area. They thrive in the shade and you honestly don't have to do anything with them. They just come right back every year.
    Join SWAGBUCKS! Get free amazon $!!!
    My Blog: http://mypinkthumb.com

Trading Score
    104 (100%)

My husband built garden boxes (4x12 - three of them) for me this year because I have serious back issues. Everything has been planted for several weeks and is coming along so nicely. I've gardened for years but this is by far the best vegetable garden I've ever had.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lua View Post
    here are some of my hostas (although they're bigger now)

recessionisnotfun --> i definitelly recommend you give these a try particularly if you have a shady area. They thrive in the shade and you honestly don't have to do anything with them. They just come right back every year.
    They are completely maintenance free as well. I dont even water mine, and let mother nature do it.
    I was thinking of splitting mine up and selling them in the street sale this weekend for a few bucks as a few are getting too big. They were given to me on the day my neighbor had a garage sale, and a few people came over asking if they were for sale. Got me thinking this year that maybe I will sell a few.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information