User Tag List

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Anyone else Planting gardens/flowers?

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Started to rip out all my dying/dead tomato plants! Some are still green and lush..most are gone. lol I had a decent year, although things got a bit messy...as in I planted too many tomato plants together. :T

Eggplants and peppers are still going. Pumpkins/watermelons were a complete flop! (They got mowed over a couple times by various family members...grr) Alpine strawberries were a no go. Still got my indoor basil thriving, swiss chard and raspberries are doing well. But ants are going nuts over them! Any tips?
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

all hubbies plants are now in the back ready for composting. or 'recycling' in to the perennial garden. lawn looks nice but kinda blagh.. might just treat myself to a mum.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

The house we bought had two cauliflower plants and two tomato plants. The tomatoes did ok. I got a few tomatoes and we only moved in a month ago. Cauli's were a no go. Going to plant garlic I think. Anyone grow garilc and have suggestions?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Heritage Harvest Seeds has updated their catalog for 2012! I love this heirloom seed business (based in Manitoba). They have some really unique varieties of vegetable seeds and every time I have ordered, they've included a free package of seeds as a "thank you". Nice!

http://www.heritageharvestseed.com/

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yes i am planting. i just planted an indoor yesterday
    Free Classifieds - Post free ads to buy & sell! (support Canadian)
    Toronto Classifieds - Post free ad in Toronto!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

"The deliciously eccentric story of the town growing ALL its own veg"

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

well the dirt just froze over.. don't expect the thaw til about may.. although, i do have two orchids with new flower shoots - should be blooming in a few more weeks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Annapolis Seeds, an heirloom seed business based in Nova Scotia, has finally posted their 2012 catalog - yay! They will be revamping their site in the next month or two so orders can be placed online, using PayPal.

http://www.annapolisseeds.com/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

considering how mild it's been -everything is coming up just dandy

if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

it will be time soon enough to be starting tomatoes indoors.
    can't wait!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Cant wait to start the garden. My first house and it has a garden patch already. I am so excited.

May have to dig out the aerogarden and get some herbs growing to ger in the spirit.

Walmart already has their garden tools on the shelves

Sent from my SGH-I896 using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Cyndi's Catalog of Garden Catalogs

(Quote from site) The home gardener's one stop to find all the mail-order gardening catalogs in the U.S. and Canada - over 2000 of them! Check here first to find the company and see its ratings for quality, service, price and breadth of varieties. Plus links to mail-order companies outside North America, and other gardening-related sites.

http://www.gardenlist.com/

This is a fantastic resource. I have definitely bookmarked it. Happy browsing!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

A great catalogue for those that live in BC in the lower mainland or the island is West Coast Seeds. They have many varieties of different seeds that are designed for our climate here.

One of my long-standing favorite places to get seeds, dry herbs and such is Richters. Great seeds and nice, friendly people.

I am really looking forward to planting a huge vegetable garden this year. Lots of work to be done on the rest of the landscape, but there is always lots to be done around here since everthing grows so well.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I think this year will be just potatoes,(for all my raised beds) nothing turned out that great last year. I'll buy some tomato plants, all the ones I started didn't grow lol. Still have my chives and strawberries.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I'm really looking forward to gardening this year. Last year my summer was so busy getting my house ready to sell that I didn't do a veggie garden. I figured I had enough to do. At my new house I have no idea what my yard is like as there was snow already when I moved. I know there is no garden plot, no trees in the back yard except one dead one. There are some nice big flower boxes in the front yard but they're filled with some ugly overgrown shrubs. There's a small maple tree in the front yard but it's too close to the house so it has to go. My new next door neighbor told me this house was his in laws house and the maple trees name is Bob. His little boy planted it with his grampa. I told him Bob has to be moved so they can have him. He said his boy will be thrilled, they'll take Bob and plant him out at camp. I'll be starting my seeds soon. This house has a heated work shop, perfect spot to do my seeds! I'm hoping to buy some metal livestock troughs to use for my raised beds. I saw some used for gardens online and like the looks of them.
    "Never will you get a better psychological subject than a hungry cat" Dr. E. Thorndike
    "Never ask a hungry cat whether he loves you for you alone" L. Camuti

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information