User Tag List

Page 11290 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 10290 10790 11190 11240 11280 11288 11289 11290 11291 11292 11300 11340 11390 ... LastLast
Results 169,336 to 169,350 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=rockit;6955180]Going to a friends place in Zihuatenajo-Ixtapa for two weeks. Same place I went a couple of years ago. This time I'll be able to go into the water!!!
    Have a great time rockit and don't drink to much ​water!
    heartgirl99, ROMEO, rockit and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Mexican maid asked for a pay increase. The wife was very upset about this and decided to talk to her about the raise. She asked: "Now Maria, why do you want a pay increase?"Maria: "Well, see, there are tree reasons why I wanna increaz." "The first is that I iron better than ju."Wife: "Who said you iron better than me?"Maria: "Jor huzban he say so."Wife: "Oh yeah?"Maria: "The second reason eez that I am a better cook than ju."Wife: "Nonsense, who said you were a better cook than me?"Maria: "Jor hozban did."Wife increasingly agitated says: "Oh he did, did he???"Maria: "The terd reason is dat I am better at sex than ju in dee bed."Wife, really boiling now and through gritted teeth. "And did my husband say that as well?Maria: "No...dee gardener did."Wife: "So how much do you want?"

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

good evening, qts

looks like we're in for some kinda weather event. hope it doesn't interfere with travel plans for the lucky vacationers!

Issued at 16:13 Sunday 27 January 2019 Significant snowfall possible Monday.

Snow, at times heavy, will develop later Monday morning and persist into Monday night. Total snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm are possible by late Monday night.

Travel may become hazardous due to the reduced visibilities in heavy snow and blowing snow. There may be an impact on the commute both Monday evening and Tuesday morning.

A snowfall warning may be required as the system approaches.

This snow is associated with an Alberta Clipper tracking over Southern Ontario on Monday.
    ROMEO, rockit, kenrod and 3 others like this.

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Guild navigator

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We’ve been enjoying the “Lillehammer” series through our streaming box and thoroughly enjoyed Little Steven in the lead role. Of course there’s been great music to go with it, including https://youtu.be/ZoTFGgcIipc

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Monday Q sters,

2 more sleeps to go. Spent yesterday packing & double checking that I have everything. Will probably triple & quadruple check over the next 2 days.
    Enjoy the start of today as a storm system is moving in at some point today. As long as it's today & part of tomorrow, I'm good. They should have it all cleaned up for Wed, when the mercury is suppose to dip down to -17. Stay warm.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning fellow Canucks!

Rockit and H Team, I hope you have a great time on your vacations. Is there some way you can pack a fat guy in your luggage and take me with you?

Have a splendid day folks.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone!
    If U have to drive later be extra careful in that dumb snow.

Name:  f9277e39091df310d775f4e64d9aca70.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  38.1 KB
    heartgirl99, ROMEO, rockit and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  505d95cd0609f41985066346bb455043.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  69.4 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The war on drugs is over!
    The drugs won.

You can't treat symptoms.
    You must treat causes.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hmmmmmm.......the rats are innocent.

APR 1, 2014 Medieval “Black Death” Was Airborne, Scientists Say

After construction workers digging tunnels for the new Crossrail train line last year discovered some 25 skeletons buried under Charterhouse Square in the Clerkenwell area of London, scientists immediately suspected they had stumbled on a plague cemetery. The square, once home to a monastery, is one of the few London areas that have remained undisturbed for hundreds of years, and the location outside the walls of medieval London coincided with historical accounts. To test this theory, scientists extracted DNA from one of the largest teeth in each of 12 skeletons. Testing showed evidence of Yersinia pestis, the bacterium that causes the plague, which confirmed that the individuals buried underneath the square had likely been exposed to—and died from—the Black Death.
    Currently, the plague still infects several thousand people every year around the world, though most patients recover if treated early enough with antibiotics. When they compared the strain of plague preserved in this medieval DNA with the strain that recently killed some 60 people in Madagascar, however, they found something surprising. The medieval strain was no stronger than the recent one; in fact, their genetic codes matched almost exactly.
    Scientists at Public Health England in Porton Down, argue that for the Black Death to have spread so quickly and killed so many victims with such devastating speed, it would have to have been airborne. Therefore, rather than bubonic plague, which is transmitted to humans through bites from infected rat fleas, they concluded that this must have been a pneumatic plague that made its way into the lungs of the infected and spread through coughs and sneezes.

Analysis of wills registered in the medieval City of London has shown that 60 percent of Londoners were wiped out by the Black Death from the autumn of 1348 to spring of 1349. A comparable rate of destruction would today kill some 5 million people. According to Dr. Tim Brooks from Porton Down, transmission by rat fleas as an explanation for the Black Death “simply isn’t good enough. It cannot spread fast enough from one household to the next to cause the huge number of cases that we saw during the Black Death epidemics.”
    Archaeological analysis of the bones found under Charterhouse Square also revealed that the individuals buried there were mostly poor people who suffered from general ill health. Rickets, anemia and tooth decay were common, as well as childhood malnutrition, which was consistent with the “Great Famine” that struck Europe some 30 years before the plague. Many of the skeletons showed back damage, suggesting lives marked by hard physical labor.

Another interesting finding was that the remains in the square appeared to come from three different periods: not only from the original Black Death epidemic in 1348-1350, but from later outbreaks in 1361 and the 1430s. While the early burials at the site are orderly, including white shrouds around the skeletons, the ones from the 1430s show evidence of upper-body injuries, consistent with what appears to have been a time of increasing lawlessness and social chaos. Archaeologists planning another dig in the area this summer estimate that thousands of bodies are left to be found underneath Charterhouse Square.

Skeletons buried deep beneath a square in London yield new information about how one of history’s deadliest plagues spread through 14th-century Brita

Skeletons buried deep beneath a square in London yield new information about how one of history’s deadliest plagues spread through 14tritain.
    Last edited by rock lobster; Mon, Jan 28th, 2019 at 09:08 PM.
    @
    ;

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope U have a marvelous holiday H team

Name:  99317067-young-caucasian-white-female-ship-captain-in-uniform-standing-on-the-bow-of-the-cruise-.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  172.3 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, out there this morning. What a mess. Heading to work for 1 last day is going to be interesting. 1 more sleep left. Hopefully they will get the airport up & running to get the back log cleared up today. Also hoping the boss shows up today. I would like to leave at my normal time today, instead of closing. His wife had her baby at 6:36am on Caturday. Little Eleanor weighed in at 9lbs 2oz. After 7 hours of labour, the doctor had to do a C section, as she was so big. Looking forward to some warmth, sunshine, ocean breezes & new countries.
    Enjoy your day & pack your patience.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good snowy morning everyone!
    Can't believe all this snow. It was only snowing a bit when i went to bed at 2ish.

Name:  1ebc39efbc2e6c65c559b5db4b3b01ec.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  56.2 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  682001e527f0da923794734fe35612a7.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  59.8 KB

Thread Information