User Tag List

Page 754 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 254 654 704 744 752 753 754 755 756 764 804 854 1254 1754 ... LastLast
Results 11,296 to 11,310 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sleuth

The answer is "JOINTURE" for Wednesday, August 17th.
    The previous answer was "POLYSEMOUS

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by elmo57 View Post
    Good morning all!

Two for two so far this week and so far there is no "JOINTURE" in my life! We'll have to see once I get back from Asia again!

Have a GRAND day everyone!
    A GRAND job Elmo!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

See you guys later, I'm off to the Pinery for a couple of days! Take Care All!

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hope all you dear "Q" people have a wonderful day.

Loocie has a headache today.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Set Lists:

Heart

Black Dog (Zep Cover)
    Magic Man
    Heartless
    Straight On
    What About Love
    These Dreams
    Alone
    WTF
    Crazy On You
    Barracuda

Encore:
    Going to California (Zep Cover)
    Love, Reign O'er Me (Who Cover)

Def Leppard

Undefeated
    Let's Get Rocked
    Animal
    Foolin'
    Love Bites
    Bass Solo (Rick Savage)
    Rock On (David Essex Cover)
    Rocket (Extended Version)
    Two Steps Behind (Acoustic)
    Bringin' on the Heartbreak
    Switch 625
    Hysteria
    Armageddon It
    Photograph
    Pour Some Sugar on Me

Encore: Rock of Ages

The Concert was GREAT!!!!
    My Seats were at the back (almost centre), but Fine.

Ann & Nancy were in Fine Form.
    Ann can still hit those Notes and Nancy can still kick-it at the Guitar.
    For "These Dreams", Nancy sang it Beautifully while Ann accompanied and played the Flute.
    "Alone" was slowed down and Amazing.
    Loved it when Nancy went Front Stage and started to squale out the Intro to "Crazy on You" with an Acoustic Guitar.
    It Blew me Away when they did "Going to California"!!!!
    This Song was mainly just Ann & Nancy both playing Guitars & Singing (a Drum beat came in later).
    The YouTube Vids that I have checked only show Nancy playing Guitar (or Mandolin).

Loved Their Performance and Highly Recommend seeing them Live if available!!!!

Def Leppard were Excellent as Expected!!!!
    I have seen them before and they still sound Great!!!!
    At one point during "Bringin' on the Heartbreak", they stopped and commented on how they try to do things a little different, but we (the Audience) made it sound like the Album. This was a Good Comment (not Sarcastic).

Heart played for 1 hour while DL played for 1.5 hours.
    These 2x Bands make an Excellent Venue to see!!!!

I did not get any Pics worth Posting as they did not turn out well due to the distance from the Stage.

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    Hope all you dear "Q" people have a wonderful day.

Loocie has a headache today.

Feel better Loocie

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning Q"Bees....

Name:  hhd.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  8.7 KB

It is a beautiful day... Happy hump day!

Name:  flower hay field.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  12.1 KB

My new windows will be arriving later this am.
    We had them made for our on-suite as the ones the builder used...

Very busy day at work.... so I thought I would say hi as soon as I had a moment.

Regarding the Ipads.... Name:  our secret.gif
Views: 270
Size:  53.5 KB

Hi All,

If you are interested in getting an iPad I can get hold of them through a contact.
    These are legit, not off the back of a truck, they are from a
    cancelled hospital contract due to the Government cutbacks.

The numbers are limited - he has twenty iPads going for less than half
    price so it's first come first served.

He has already sold several (pic is attached below so you can see
    what you are getting).

Get back to me as quick as you can if you want one.

Full spec as below...........

Name:  image00112.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  28.6 KB

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Another day of housework & errands. Oh fun. I would send the dog to do the grocery shopping, but I don't have a high enough limit on my credit card to cover the tab.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by babygirl1 View Post
    too cute!!! Love it!!!

Computer Techy at large! TO_Harley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by madchives View Post
    apparently the major computer problem i've had
    has also affected what is left of my brain

however it is ron's birthday

and guessing i should be somewhere else soon
    so wishing everyone a fun day

Wow, that brings back memories! I kinda liked them.

Computer Techy at large! TO_Harley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mmmme... View Post

Regarding the Ipads.... Name:  our secret.gif
Views: 270
Size:  53.5 KB

Hi All,

If you are interested in getting an iPad I can get hold of them through a contact.
    These are legit, not off the back of a truck, they are from a
    cancelled hospital contract due to the Government cutbacks.

The numbers are limited - he has twenty iPads going for less than half
    price so it's first come first served.

He has already sold several (pic is attached below so you can see
    what you are getting).

Get back to me as quick as you can if you want one.

Full spec as below...........

Name:  image00112.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  28.6 KB
    Hahahaha Put me down for 2 will ya?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

CUPE 416, in co-operation with the Toronto Paramedic Association has established an anti-amalgamation committee for the purpose of lobbying Toronto Council on the issue of a potential Fire/EMS merger in the city. This group will be lobbying aggressively against any proposal of a change to the current system and is, in fact, advocating for the removal of Fire from the tiered response system. Information being circulated by this group includes many incorrect and completely false statements regarding the Fire Association.

EMS ANTI AMALGAMATION COMMITTEE (EMSAAC)
    Attention Toronto Paramedics.
    Cupe Local 416 and the Toronto Paramedic Association are pleased to announce that we will be working together closely on the very real issue of a possible EMS/Fire merger in the city of Toronto.
    While there are no certainties regarding this issue, it is known that the Toronto Professional Firefighters assoc is actively lobbying city council to take over the EMS budget.
    It is also known that the Ontario Professional Firefighters assoc is lobbying the provincial government utilizing a
    marginalizing strategy attempting to change the ambulance act and lower the standard of prehospital care in this province thereby negating the need for Paramedics simply by lowering this level of service.
    This is a serious attack on our profession and at a time where it could actually become a reality due to fiscal fears combined with the powerful special interest of the Fire lobby.
    If you value your profession, your patients and quite frankly your job, now is the time to get involved.
    A working group called EMSAAC (EMS anti Amalgamation committee) has been developed with reps from the TPA, CUPE and some interested TEMS paramedics.
    Stay informed.
    Be ready to act.
    Add your name to the growing list.
    Please take some time to fight for your profession, your job and for the quality of care that citizens of this province have come to expect.
    There will be information and opportunities to be involved in the very near future. If you wish to contact the EMSAAC group simply email the steering committee at [email protected] and check in, share your ideas and let us know any special skill you may possess. We will take whatever help you can offer. Alternatively, you may contact your TPA or CUPE local 416 shop steward for more information.
    Toronto Paramedics. In your neighbourhood and at your service.

Jim Witteveen, Geoff McBride
    CUPE 416 Amb unit acting Chair, Toronto Paramedic Association President

Fiction- CUPE Local 416 and the Toronto Paramedic Association are pleased to announce that we will be working together.
    Fact- We have seen for many years that this is really the same organization. They use each to handle items that the other organization is not in a good position to champion. The TPA is really an arm for CUPE 416. We understand that membership in the TPA is declining and we believe the false hoods they are promoting are an attempt to secure more members and thus more revenue.
    Fiction- It is known that the Toronto Professional Firefighters Association is actively lobbying city council to take over the EMS budget.
    Fact- We have not lobbied one councillor on this as it is something we do not believe. We have stated that we are willing to study a merger if it would produce a better service for the citizens of Toronto. What is curious is the CUPE416 President has, on many occasions, mentioned our budget and the amount of medical calls we respond to and stated that we should only respond to fires and thus our budget can be given to EMS.
    Fiction- It is also known that the Ontario Professional Firefighters Association is lobbying the provincial government, utilizing a marginalizing strategy attempting to change the ambulance act and lower the standard of pre-hospital care in this province thereby negating the need for paramedics simply by lowering this level of service.
    Fact- The OPFFA is not seeking amendments to the Ambulance Act. The OPFFA has not had any conversations with any member of government, elected or staff on the topic of amendments to the ambulance act.
    We are currently working with staff in the Emergency Health Services division of the MHLTC on the subject of simultaneous notification on fire services to EMS calls. The province issued an RFP last winter. As a result of the RFP a vendor will be chosen and we hope to have the vendors product placed in 5 pilot sites this fall. The province has no real jurisdiction over tiered response agreements. There are agreements that occur at the municipal level with municipal council on the advice of their fire chiefs determining what medical emergencies they will respond to along with EMS in their jurisdiction.
    The simultaneous notification project is the only thing that the OPFFA are currently working on with the Ministry of Health. The OPFFA or the TPFFA has never advocated for anything that would replace paramedics. We routinely communicate that we have no intent to change pre-hospital care in a manner that would require less paramedics.
    Fiction - Powerful special interest of the Fire lobby.
    Fact- CUPE 416 owns 3,000 phone lines and software to call every citizen in Toronto in a week. They have launched media ads and are working with their management to gather facts on responses without base hospital approval. All we have done is defend why we believe fire is important to the tiered response protocol and defend the resources we currently have in order to meet response standards.
    Fiction- If you value your profession, your patients and quite frankly your job, now is the time to get involved.
    Fact- We have always stated that we are willing to look at any system that would be better for the patients yet CUPE 416 has refused.
    Professional firefighters are interested in one thing, saving lives.
     The tone of the communiqué from their leadership is disappointing as it ignores the great job our respective members are doing everyday on the streets of Toronto where they set aside union politics and work as a team to save lives.
     The fact that firefighters are currently responding alongside EMS to life threatening medical emergencies is saving lives.
    A recent study found the survival rate for cardiac arrest victims almost doubles when firefighters arrive on scene and begin CPR until the paramedic arrives. The reason for this is simple, firefighters can often get to an emergency faster, are trained in advanced first aid including CPR and defibrillation allowing them to provide the essential services required to help patients and fill the gap until paramedics arrive.
     We don’t want to replace paramedics, we want to keep working beside them.
    Last edited by 6ffightr9; Wed, Aug 17th, 2011 at 11:20 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by attitash View Post
    Sleuth

The answer is "JOINTURE" for Wednesday, August 17th.

The previous answer was "POLYSEMOUS

Thanks

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by NOTLER View Post
    Now why would you go to sleep. Did you think the game was over?
    Good morning everyone.

Ya, I had a good chuckle last night when I saw that fuimus1 had gone to bed. I think a 13 run lead may be secure enough for the Jays.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 6ffightr9 View Post
    CUPE 416, in co-operation with the Toronto Paramedic Association has established an anti-amalgamation committee for the purpose of lobbying Toronto Council on the issue of a potential Fire/EMS merger in the city. This group will be lobbying aggressively against any proposal of a change to the current system and is, in fact, advocating for the removal of Fire from the tiered response system. Information being circulated by this group includes many incorrect and completely false statements regarding the Fire Association.

EMS ANTI AMALGAMATION COMMITTEE (EMSAAC)
    Attention Toronto Paramedics.
    Cupe Local 416 and the Toronto Paramedic Association are pleased to announce that we will be working together closely on the very real issue of a possible EMS/Fire merger in the city of Toronto.
    While there are no certainties regarding this issue, it is known that the Toronto Professional Firefighters assoc is actively lobbying city council to take over the EMS budget.
    It is also known that the Ontario Professional Firefighters assoc is lobbying the provincial government utilizing a
    marginalizing strategy attempting to change the ambulance act and lower the standard of prehospital care in this province thereby negating the need for Paramedics simply by lowering this level of service.
    This is a serious attack on our profession and at a time where it could actually become a reality due to fiscal fears combined with the powerful special interest of the Fire lobby.
    If you value your profession, your patients and quite frankly your job, now is the time to get involved.
    A working group called EMSAAC (EMS anti Amalgamation committee) has been developed with reps from the TPA, CUPE and some interested TEMS paramedics.
    Stay informed.
    Be ready to act.
    Add your name to the growing list.
    Please take some time to fight for your profession, your job and for the quality of care that citizens of this province have come to expect.
    There will be information and opportunities to be involved in the very near future. If you wish to contact the EMSAAC group simply email the steering committee at [email protected] and check in, share your ideas and let us know any special skill you may possess. We will take whatever help you can offer. Alternatively, you may contact your TPA or CUPE local 416 shop steward for more information.
    Toronto Paramedics. In your neighbourhood and at your service.

Jim Witteveen, Geoff McBride
    CUPE 416 Amb unit acting Chair, Toronto Paramedic Association President

Fiction- CUPE Local 416 and the Toronto Paramedic Association are pleased to announce that we will be working together.
    Fact- We have seen for many years that this is really the same organization. They use each to handle items that the other organization is not in a good position to champion. The TPA is really an arm for CUPE 416. We understand that membership in the TPA is declining and we believe the false hoods they are promoting are an attempt to secure more members and thus more revenue.
    Fiction- It is known that the Toronto Professional Firefighters Association is actively lobbying city council to take over the EMS budget.
    Fact- We have not lobbied one councillor on this as it is something we do not believe. We have stated that we are willing to study a merger if it would produce a better service for the citizens of Toronto. What is curious is the CUPE416 President has, on many occasions, mentioned our budget and the amount of medical calls we respond to and stated that we should only respond to fires and thus our budget can be given to EMS.
    Fiction- It is also known that the Ontario Professional Firefighters Association is lobbying the provincial government, utilizing a marginalizing strategy attempting to change the ambulance act and lower the standard of pre-hospital care in this province thereby negating the need for paramedics simply by lowering this level of service.
    Fact- The OPFFA is not seeking amendments to the Ambulance Act. The OPFFA has not had any conversations with any member of government, elected or staff on the topic of amendments to the ambulance act.
    We are currently working with staff in the Emergency Health Services division of the MHLTC on the subject of simultaneous notification on fire services to EMS calls. The province issued an RFP last winter. As a result of the RFP a vendor will be chosen and we hope to have the vendors product placed in 5 pilot sites this fall. The province has no real jurisdiction over tiered response agreements. There are agreements that occur at the municipal level with municipal council on the advice of their fire chiefs determining what medical emergencies they will respond to along with EMS in their jurisdiction.
    The simultaneous notification project is the only thing that the OPFFA are currently working on with the Ministry of Health. The OPFFA or the TPFFA has never advocated for anything that would replace paramedics. We routinely communicate that we have no intent to change pre-hospital care in a manner that would require less paramedics.
    Fiction - Powerful special interest of the Fire lobby.
    Fact- CUPE 416 owns 3,000 phone lines and software to call every citizen in Toronto in a week. They have launched media ads and are working with their management to gather facts on responses without base hospital approval. All we have done is defend why we believe fire is important to the tiered response protocol and defend the resources we currently have in order to meet response standards.
    Fiction- If you value your profession, your patients and quite frankly your job, now is the time to get involved.
    Fact- We have always stated that we are willing to look at any system that would be better for the patients yet CUPE 416 has refused.
    Professional firefighters are interested in one thing, saving lives.
     The tone of the communiqué from their leadership is disappointing as it ignores the great job our respective members are doing everyday on the streets of Toronto where they set aside union politics and work as a team to save lives.
     The fact that firefighters are currently responding alongside EMS to life threatening medical emergencies is saving lives.
    A recent study found the survival rate for cardiac arrest victims almost doubles when firefighters arrive on scene and begin CPR until the paramedic arrives. The reason for this is simple, firefighters can often get to an emergency faster, are trained in advanced first aid including CPR and defibrillation allowing them to provide the essential services required to help patients and fill the gap until paramedics arrive.
     We don’t want to replace paramedics, we want to keep working beside them.
    Tough task...two very different but important jobs. Not aware of any current amalgamations between the two in Ontario but have know of many that failed. Some sucess in western Canada & the USA but totally different worlds.

Thread Information