User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

All I know is that I am a stay at home mom with 2 kids. My DH works on straight commission and we've had some very hard months. If it ever came down to it I wouldn't think twice about doing what these women are doing.
    Join me on Swagbucks and earn money and giftcards. So easy, so fun!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kanda2004

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by $power View Post
    As a former small business owner, I can attest to the fact that you do need a business licence to legally operate, regardless of the income generated.

Licencing ensures:
    You are registered with the govt and will be paying it's tax (es ).
    You have met the necessary municipal bylaw requirements.
    Your place of business is safe for the public to whom you sell.
    You have access to wholesale supply.

Most wording on coupons prohibits the resale of the items purchased with them.
    Violating that wouldn't be something I would do.
    Donating however , is completely within my rights to do
    I have a small business. So I've looked at the rules. Maybe they are different for different types of businesses. But the cut-off for what I do has always been $30000. I claim taxes on the full amount I make every year and the government has never said any different.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Has anyone noticed the writing on the Walmart make-up packages? They have little stickers on them now that say "If this product was purchased at a store other than walmart please call 1-800-..........."

I'd say that Walmart is aware of people buying and reselling from their store and that they are not happy with it.

I think coupons are there for consumers to purchase producst for home use, I dont think manufacturers give out coupons so that people can resell the product for a profit.

But again, this comes down to "Is it really any of my business?" and the answer is "No". Lets worry less about other people's lives and more about our own

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    I have a small business. So I've looked at the rules. Maybe they are different for different types of businesses. But the cut-off for what I do has always been $30000. I claim taxes on the full amount I make every year and the government has never said any different.
    I'm really surprised that you are allowed to do that in your area! I live in Winnipeg, and in order to sell anything here (that you specifically bought or made with the purpose of reselling) you need to have a business permit and register your business name with the province. With the exceptiom of crafters who do less than four shows a year and don't do any advertising, you also have to collect and remit PST. The only time the $30k comes into play for me is that since I make less than that, I don't have to collect and remit GST. I know folks who run small businesses in other areas, too, and they are all also required to have a business permit from their municipality.

Anyways, I know folks will do with their stockpiles what they wish...I just hope that they aren't clearing shelves of lots of merchandise just to resell them. There's nothing more frustrating than heading to a store and finding that the shelf is empty! . If they are simply sold out, then that's that, but hopefully folks just bought enough for their family to use!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My mom has her business and they told us it varies between 15,000 and 30,000 all depends on different things.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    113 (100%)

I've seen this group on FB... couponchicks or something similar. I can see both sides of this issue (we don't know their situation), but it still just doesn't sit right with me.

Someone just posted on FB about SOF possibly changing their new stacking policy due to shelf clearing... specifically a cart full of 16 sunlight laundry since they worked out to free!

Soooo.... if I can't go get my lonely TWO bottles Sunlight because someone has cleared the shelf for resale... yes, I will be a bit perturbed. You need to be considerate of others. Couponing for resale? I just don't like it.
    LF: Van Houtte, Newmans, Purina One Cat & Dog Food... FT: Lots!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The thing about shelf clearing is it really should be the store's responsibility to prevent it. I don't think it's good customer service to let one person buy up all the sale products, knowing that you don't have any others in stock for other customers. It's better for them to set limits and have one person leave unhappy than to have a dozen unhappy customers.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBella View Post
    My mom has her business and they told us it varies between 15,000 and 30,000 all depends on different things.
    OK. That makes sense. Either way, I think they are fine without a license until they go over a certain limit.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I hope this post doesn't upset anyone but I am confused, I read some pretty nasty things on here the last couple of days about printing off more coupons then you should because its illegal, cleaning off tear pads upsets almost all of us as well as cleaning off shelves, and then the posts over having more then one account to collect coupons, all of that and theses people are reselling and advertising that resell with purchases made with coupons is ILLEGAL because they are making a profit, not to mention whether or not these are legitament business.(cant be if purchasing with coupons for resale.) and it seems ok. Sorry I believe they should be punished.

This is completely different from helping provide friends and family like most of us do, even when you ask for them to cover your cost of it, this is not done for profit.
    Last edited by Tabby40; Fri, May 27th, 2011 at 08:51 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Get a business permit and tax registration and stuff. Sure a lot of corner stores go to walmart, buy stuff and then jack up the price, but they still have a business license.
    A buisness lisence is just another way for someone else (I.e. the city) to make money.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby40 View Post
    I hope this post doesn't upset anyone but I am confused, I read some pretty nasty things on here the last couple of days about printing off more coupons then you should because its illegal, cleaning off tear pads upsets almost all of us as well as cleaning off shelves, and then the posts over having more then one account to collect coupons, all of that and theses people are reselling and advertising that resell with purchases made with coupons is ILLEGAL because they are making a profit, not to mention whether or not these are legitament business.(cant be if purchasing with coupons for resale.) and it seems ok. Sorry I believe they should be punished.

This is completely different from helping provide friends and family like most of us do, even when you ask for them to cover your cost of it, this is not done for profit.
    Do you have a bulk store near you? 1/2 those people in there at any given time re-sell or provide for profit using those products. Do you shop at corner stores?
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

please remember that I am very new at this and I don`t know all the rules, but this I feel is wrong.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby40 View Post

If it's illegal then yeah, you're right, they shouldn't be doing it. I honestly have no idea what the laws are about this kind of thing because I've never done it. I just see it as on the same level as selling anything else you own. But I'm not a legal expert so maybe there are laws against it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

as a matter of fact no I don`t shop at cornerstores I cannot afford it that is why I am now couponing after becoming disabled in a wheelchair at that, and my family no longer have my income to rely on, that I did make legally and paid my share of taxes on for the last 15 years.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

especially those who have fallen on hard times, but don't or are unable to coupon
    Someones Ignorance isn't our problem.
    I can't see why someone would be" unable" to coupon.
    If the person had no computer, they can access computers at the library for free, many sites will mail you coupons; often for Fpcs... if the person is HOMELESS, they can also pick through recycle bins, many Scers do this and find tons of Fpcs, Dont say someone is unable... they are just ignorant or not willing to learn.
    Last edited by ashmaster; Fri, May 27th, 2011 at 09:06 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information