User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    237 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by angeleyez85y7ca View Post
    went to SD today to get the Advil NT for $3.99 with $4 off. I took 3 pcks. when I went to pay for it the cashier girl took 2 coupons and the 3rd she refused. The till kept refusing it and she said she couldn't adjust the price nor she could do overage so I could only use 2. So I took 2 pks only. On top of that I didn't get my points so I'm gonna go back with my receipt to SD tomorrow and spk to a manager. hopefully I'll get my points.
    Did u have other items in your purchase? The til can't tell what items you're using cpns for but if the cpn value(s) are over your total purchase (or total of items entered so far) then the register will automatically refuse it but she should've had no problem doing a price override to make the product equal the cpn value (they price override all the time when doing SCOP). Similar situation happened to me, had 3 items at $4.99 with 3 cpns for $5ea ...cashier thought the register would refuse to accept but it did (had other items already rung in) ...in fact, she entered it as 1x $15cpn and it was no problem.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A few weeks ago SDM had these vitamins on sale for $6.99. I have $10 off coupons. They wouldn't accept the coupons since it would be free.

Fortunately Zehrs had a similar deal in which I picked up the same vitamins (five, total value not on sale $125) all for nothing since the sale price and $10 off coupon made it under $8!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

when I tried to buy the advil and was refused and kept my coupons my total purchase was 165.52 I wasn't treated very well considering they also kept my coupon.
    I am calling 1-800-shoppers tomorrow morning
    Last edited by Tabby40; Sun, May 29th, 2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: added

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

I had a pck pf salt but she rang in athe advils first and then the coupns and after the first 2 it declined and she refused to override the price. Said she can't and then she rang the salt

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

so, after seeing so many people with no problems using their coupons I called the store manager in Napanee over the issue and spoke to the manager, same one as yesterday and I quoted their store policy and she said that was how they did things before the new registers was installed,now they cannot adjust the amount register will not allow it, and she told me they did not allow me to use my coupons the rigister wouldn't allow it, told me to call customer service tomorrow and I told her I would because they also kept my coupons, they then said oh well we have lots behond the cash so if you would like one back come and get it. so not happy!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    You won't get the points as its considered to be a FPC ( since ur getting it for FREE ) & code 2002 must have been used to process your cpn .

Now if the Advil was more than $ 4.00 & you had used the cpn you would have got the points as code 2001 would have been used to process the cpn

I thought that by Canadian Law coupons are considered same as cash so really if a coupon was used for payment is it not still a 2001 trancaction?
    Tried to put a ticker and can't figure it out</A< a>

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Soo the Shoppers I work at, we have a limit of 4 on those kinds of things so that EVERYBODY can get some. And we also adjust the price on the coupon NOT on the item.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I used mine yesterday at two different locations, no problem with either store, one adjusted them down to 3.99 and used 2002 code when ringing them in, I did not get my 20x the points at one store, but I didn't mind (I bought some other stuff aswell not just the Advil)
    All SDM locations in my little town are fantastic and the ladies that work their know their stuff, neither locations place limits on how many you can get

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My SDM has limits of 4 usually...but they are awesome about coupons. I got some of the Adidas deoderant the other day (4 packs of 2) for $0.49 per pk. They were on sale for $2.49 and I had 4 of the $2 off coupons. They took those coupons (as well as others) no problem. I never tried a coupon that was higher in value than the product, though, but I am sure the cashiers there would find some way to do it...like I said, they are awesome!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think that Shoppers should get some kind of policy happening. (for all stores). The cashier should be able to adjust the coupon to the price of the product. It is so annoying for the consumer to have to go through this. I am a cashier at Shoppers and i adjust the coupon to the price of the product. After all it is only .01. Give me a break!!! The store gets their money back for the full price of the coupon anyway. Also it should not be 2002 it should be 2001. Technically it is not a FPC, even though we are getting it for free. The product is just on sale for the same price as the coupon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

so this is update on Saturday's problem with shoppers I called cs today explained what happened gave me 4000 bonus points on my card and then put me on hold while they contacted the store I was at and told them how to change the coupon on the new registers. the gentleman that I spoke to was great and told me they should already know how to adjust, when we were talking and I told him about being humiliated in front of all the other customers with the manager telling me they were not the states with their extreme couponing that I was planning on just pm'in the flyer from now on at walmart, he said no no we can't have that (that was when he asked me to told while they contacted the store.) so cs was great extremely awesome so I guess that makes up for manager been nasty!

Trading Score
    121 (98%)

You won't get the points as its considered to be a FPC ( since ur getting it for FREE ) & code 2002 must have been used to process your cpn .

Now if the Advil was more than $ 4.00 & you had used the cpn you would have got the points as code 2001 would have been used to process the cpn

You are partially right, in that the 2002 code is for an FPC, meaning free product coupon.

A manufacture coupon, which will make a product free, should still be entered as 2001.

I had an experience with this on Saturday, for the 20x points event.

The 2 Advil Nighttime coupons were entered as 2001, no probs, but the 6 "free ice cream" coupons I had, she wanted to enter as 2002, even though the product was over $5 (so I thought for all, i'll elaborate more lol)

She actually thought she was doing me a favor, since the 2002 code eliminates having me pay tax. I politely asked if she could do them as 2001, I didn't mind paying tax. She was like "Oh, you need the points, I get it!"
    Then.. the Creamsicles, Revellos, and Fudgecicles had a shelf tag of $5.99, but rang up as $4.99. Oh oh!!! Luckily my wonderful cashier still put them through as 2001.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by carleigh View Post
    I think that Shoppers should get some kind of policy happening. (for all stores). The cashier should be able to adjust the coupon to the price of the product. It is so annoying for the consumer to have to go through this. I am a cashier at Shoppers and i adjust the coupon to the price of the product. After all it is only .01. Give me a break!!! The store gets their money back for the full price of the coupon anyway. Also it should not be 2002 it should be 2001. Technically it is not a FPC, even though we are getting it for free. The product is just on sale for the same price as the coupon.
    +1

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Sorry for the folks that had problems at SDM...

I did 2 shops at 2 diff SDM & got 5x Advil night time 3.99-4cpn (they took full amount off) & also 3x Multibionta (had raincheck for 3 at 9.99-10cpn & got 3x 11.99-10cpn)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have posted on another thread too but this thread also raising the same concern to I am putting it here too

In this week flyer, Aspire netbook was advertised for 199$ so I enquired to Yonge and Finch (toronto) store about stock as this was really temptong deal with 20x points si I inquired the store and they informed me that 3 netbooks were in stock and It's 24 hour store so I requested them to hold one for me which they denied and I was fin with it as I should not expect them to hold such a good product which is having so much of demand but I reached yonge and finch store at 7 AM@ Saturday and inquired about stock then first Cashier(girl) told me that Photo lab will open at 9 AM so I should visit again but I inquired to another employee (Man) and he went inside to find the stock. It was around 8 AM and the person who helping me came back and informed me that there is no stock. I was still fine but when I was in queue for my billing, I saw that same man was giving netbook to one of the shoppers employee who was done with her shift and she was also in queue. I was not happy so I talked with the male employee about this discrimination but he informed me that employee has kept one for herself but If I was the first one in store inquiring about netbook than I should get the netbook instead of shoppers employee as that netbook was not billed and I was not allowed to hold the net-book than same rule should be applied to shopper employee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information