User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

That is BAD!! I understand if people are confused and think the ones outside "may" be for the taking but why not ask first and make sure. They aren't in the garbage or recycling bin so don't take without asking. If this continues you're going to see people fighting over coupons in the grocery store isles soon. There are legit ways of getting enough coupons without stealing.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    someone stole them from the TC papers?!?! now THAT is low.. thats a paid for paper!
    I know!! And my mom had paid for them and walked out of the store before she realized. Thankfully they gave her money back but I was sooooo mad!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MyCupcake View Post
    I know!! And my mom had paid for them and walked out of the store before she realized. Thankfully they gave her money back but I was sooooo mad!!

It was not in the TC.. They will be in the TC tomorrow.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

This happened when the smartsource came out last month

Quote Originally Posted by sookebunny View Post
    It was not in the TC.. They will be in the TC tomorrow.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

it does it sad

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

what is TC?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecoupons View Post
    what is TC?
    Times Colonist newspaper
    Last edited by hatherb; Sat, Jun 4th, 2011 at 01:50 AM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Got the paper this morning in the TC but there was only the RedPlum in it.

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

i cant believe it either, even though most are free papers its still fraud...i mean i love coupons just as much as the next person but to steal 150 papers? i mean if the people have them in recycling bins etc thats a whole other story because they dont want them but honestly....150 papres in bundles you HAVE to know they are not garbage!
    i was at loblaws this morning and saw someone at the coupon board take the whole booklet of some manu coupons..... and there were two full booklets while i was looking.... even if you use the product a lot now no one else will get to share in the deal... there were 3-4 of us standing there watching this person, someone asked, can I have one of those and the response was "mind your own damn business"

What is couponing coming to?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I wouldnt say its fraud. Its plain stealing. and im sure they will stick out like a sore thumb standing in a line up at walmart with 150 free protien bars................hahahaha
    and yes people can get pretty mean, more when they get caught doing something they know they shouldnt be.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mellyskater View Post
    i cant believe it either, even though most are free papers its still fraud...i mean i love coupons just as much as the next person but to steal 150 papers? i mean if the people have them in recycling bins etc thats a whole other story because they dont want them but honestly....150 papres in bundles you HAVE to know they are not garbage!
    i was at loblaws this morning and saw someone at the coupon board take the whole booklet of some manu coupons..... and there were two full booklets while i was looking.... even if you use the product a lot now no one else will get to share in the deal... there were 3-4 of us standing there watching this person, someone asked, can I have one of those and the response was "mind your own damn business"

What is couponing coming to?

Unfortunately because couponing has become so big and coupons are in so high demand people are finding ways of making money off of distributing coupons through things like ebay or some will offer paid classes and guarantee a certain value of coupon distribution at them so they all need coupon "stock" to keep their businesses running. It's no longer just individuals trying to save money looking for coupons and then of course there are some who are just greedy and take too many but don't use half of them.

I love couponing and I am happy to see so many others discovering it and able to save as well but will be happy when the "fad" dies down and the "wild fires" burn out.

Myself I got lucky and saw the weekly flyers tossed in a recycling bin so went after and dug them out (those suckers are HEAVY trying to reach way down and pull them back out through a tiny hole lol). Had to cut open the bundles and go through each stack of flyers to find them but got a pile of P&G inserts for my trouble. I won't need half of them so will pass a bunch around locally and if anyone wants to trade let me know (when the mail is running again of course lol).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Its not only a question of the cpns missiing from the 150 papers ..guess what all these FREE papers work on advertisemnets in them ..so now 150 houses won't see these ads in the newspapers .

The companies pay big bucks to advertise in the FREE newspaper so that the paer can be distributed for FREE in the first place ..these free newspapers depend heavily on this ad revenue ..if I am a guy who is advertising in a free newspaper & it could even be a small thing like a classified ad to rent my basement or sell my car or something like that .. & I know someone is just stealing the newspapers why would I bother to advertise in that paper ?

So it goes beyond just coupon inserts missing .. a whole chain reaction takes place .

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Was happy our area got them so will be relying on a recycle walk to pick up more..

Also got two red plums delivered to my house cause one came in the free National Post I signed up for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information