User Tag List

Hmmmmm I'm thinking
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

Kelloges has EXPIRED COUPONS on several boxes of cereal still being sold at various locations.... they expired April of this year... Also watch for the granols bars as some of them expired last year and some are good til Nov and others are good til Dec.. Makes me wonder how long these items have sat in the warehouse for being going on the shelvs... BLEH!!!

I'll be making a few phone calls come monday morning thats for sure... same box, same item, only some expired and some didnt... here comes a complaint!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

thanks I will have to watch for that!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Yes. Safeway had some Special K ones that had March cpns, obviously expired. I never thought to mention it to CS.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

It's not the store's worry, they bought the cereal regardless of the coupons on them, and want to recoup that loss. Contact Kellogg's, from what I've read on here they'll mail out replacement coupons.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for the heads up!

Trading Score
    422 (100%)

I don't think they'll do anything if the actual cereal wasn't expired. I've had NO luck while contacting Kelloggs in the past!

Let us know what the response is!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    76 (100%)

It happened to me at Zellers and the company I contacted said sorry...then gave me information for their new promo. It way they have printed on the boxed "limited time only".

I do like how these new promos have the expire date somewhere on the pacakge...and the cereal does that very well now. I have learned my lesson a couple times now and really take a good look at the packaging.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I emailed kelloggs about this and they sent me 3 2.00 off coupons because i noticed after i bought the cereal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonTulie View Post
    Kelloges has EXPIRED COUPONS on several boxes of cereal still being sold at various locations.... they expired April of this year... Also watch for the granols bars as some of them expired last year and some are good til Nov and others are good til Dec.. Makes me wonder how long these items have sat in the warehouse for being going on the shelvs... BLEH!!!

I'll be making a few phone calls come monday morning thats for sure... same box, same item, only some expired and some didnt... here comes a complaint!
    Proud Couponer

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i emailed Kelloggs about it and this is what they wrote back

"Our products are marketed on a national basis and through our marketing strategy, we attempt to provide coast-to-coast distribution on products to only reach the consumer during the duration of promotions or well before the expiry date of the product. In spite of our efforts, it is almost impossible to obtain complete control of inventory at retail levels at all times, which can result in a situation such as yours.

Please be assured that the product is fresh. The best before date on the top flap of the package is correct."

They sent me a FPC for any Kelloggs product. I didn't complain i just stated that they should maybe change the expiry dates on it to last as long as the product should. I had boughten a jumbo box of pop tarts and it had a free Minute Maid Juice box coupie on it. When i brought it home the coupon was expired at the end of February. i had just bought the box 3 weeks ago. The pop tarts will still fresh

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Yesterday I saw some special K with the old $2.50 European best fruit coupon on the box. The cereal itself expired last year.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I don't think there is anything wrong with having a coupon on a cereal box expire before the actual cereal expires. They're doing rotating promotions and sometimes don't want that promotion to last over a year....

Besides, most of the time, I've noticed that the actual expiry date for the coupon is printed on the boxes now. For us, seasoned couponers, we should be able to notice that. I'm afraid that the average consumer wouldn't look though...

So yes, it does suck for them. Maybe they should make the expiries a bit larger and more noticeable for everyone.

The only thing better than saving money is VOLLEYBALL!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I bought vector cereal (fpc) from zellers with expired coupon and also cereal is expired as i use fpc so no recipt i email and get reply that i have to call 1800--- number annd give all information to them , if they provide option for contact with email then wwhy i will call and i dont have time to call and wait for 30 min to get connected for a cereal box

Thread Information