User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lurking SCer
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Yes.
    If I can manage a single day without food and just fast, I drop 5 pounds that day like a hot potato.
    Very annoying considering I'm super skinny.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Hi,

As a person who has just lost 45 pds in the last 8 mths, i also use to skip breakfast all the time. But i decided that since diabetics runs in my family and i am at a higher risk, i would make a change. I started to follow the Canadian Food Guide!

I eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner and fruit before i go to bed!

The hardest is to eat breakfast at first, so i started with a piece of 12 grain bread with a banana, then after a couple days or a week, i went to 2 peices of bread with a banana. (we all know how good those banana's are for you!!!!!).
    Then i started to fill full for the first time in a long time and could actually eat a proper lunch, and so on....
    But try to change it up a little, every other day i eat Kashi cereal with banana (love those banana's).

I have a salad with low calorie and fat free dressing and a sandwhich with meat and cheese (deli) just 2 slices (thin cut). Beleive it or not, i now LOVE MY SALADS, and can't go a day without them. I eat 2 16 person servings of salads a week.

Just take it one step at a time, don't try to do too much changing at first, let you body get used to eating breakfast first....IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY!!!!!

Hope this helps.

99mallard

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Skipping lunch may make you gain weight, but more likely the weight gain will be from being too tired after consuming a larger-than-normal amount of food at dinner, therefore less calories are burned after dinner. Also you will have an expanded stomach from eating a lot at a sitting.

If you wait until you are truly hungry before eating though (not just eating because it's meal time), your appetite will decrease.

Slight hunger is something you have to get used to.
    The ultimate goal is to have a smaller appetite and to be satisfied feeling 80% full most of the time; any fuller and you feel uncomfortable.
    After you get used to it, it comes naturally and you do it without thinking.

Wish you luck on your diet!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i find that during my period however i don't have any appetite but I weight a pound or so more...this is odd considering i'm not taking anything in

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

But after period, you become lighter and waist back to normal size...

I have no idea why either. You would think since you're getting rid of iron and 'things' that you should be losing weight during as well!

Maybe it has something to do with the bloating during that time.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do it ,not to lose weight.I just get busy or forget it's not a good idea.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Never skip breakfast - it wil kill your metabolism.

My husband has lost 40 lbs on the Canada Food guide - I'm not trying to lose weight so much as get more fit, but I'm following it, too. The only thing we do differently is we allow for one cheating day per week. That day can be any time during the week, to fit our schedules, if we have a party to go to, or going to the movies, etc.

It works really well, because we can satisfy cravings on that day, which makes the diet easier for me to follow. I also read in the Body For Life program that having a cheat day every week helps stop your metabolism from slowing down, and making your diet less effective.

It worked wonders for my DH, we'll see if my bum ever stops growing. I'm a skinny person with a huge sagging bum, not pretty!!!
    Wins ~ $339.50 for 2008

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

i am overweight so i started seeing a dietitian . i was told i would never lose weight until i started eating breakfast/at least before 10 in the morning. i am not a breakfast eater.

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cookoo View Post
    no. but a stressful environment can make you lose weight FAST. last time I was in a cold war with a co-worker, and I lost 5 lbs within a week.

I can confirm that! I lost 15 lbs in a month because of my job!! (I'm glad I don't work there anymore! )

Have a Banana Daily Beast Master's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Skipping meals is not a method of weight loss.
    A balanced food intake INCLUDING fats is what is required.
    The ideal is to eat the number of calories that your ideal weight would require, 25% of them from fats, to prevent your metabolism from getting messed up.
    Please vote daily for my ferret site.
    http://1award.co.uk/addvote.php?vote=3368

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my last year of high school first year of college, i ran pretty much on one meal a day because i was constantly busy with something and never bothered to make sure i ate. i don't think i lost any weight at all, if anything i probably put weight on...but that could also be caused by drinking all weekend and eating crap.

i was forced to change my ways when i started loosing my hair. i went to the doctor about it and turns out it was a lack of protein (i'm vegetarian). some people's system's don't absorb enough of it from what they eat (like me) and on top of that i wasn't eating enough of it from what i ate.

so as everyone has said, skipping meals doesn't get you very far. i've been told that breakfast thing is the only way to really loose weight too, but i'm not a morning person and if i do manage to get up in the actual am, i have to wait a few hours before i eat or i get a very unhappy stomach.
    Last edited by spoony; Sat, Aug 9th, 2008 at 12:37 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I lost 60 pounds twice with each pregnancy and did it buy eating according to the Canada Food guide and a little bit of weight watchers. The second time took me almost 2 years to loose the weight it was gradual .The only meal I have ever skipped was My late night snack of cookies.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Skipping meals does NOT help you lose weight. You need to still be eating your 3 meals a day. Just make them healthy and the right size. Don't over do it.
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/xKrystalx

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Skipping meals is the worse thing you can do - I wish I could go
    back 30 years and eat healthy. I've ruined my stomach (due to acid
    build up) and must take medication for the rest of my life.

And you know what? You don't lose weight either. Hunger pangs
    will be fierce and you'll want to eat all the "BAD" stuff anyway.
    'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Skipping meals is such a bad idea. I've had an eating disorder since I was 12 and its an ongoing thing in my day to day life and as far as I can remember, it started from skipping meals. Then I get so hungry and eat 3x the amnt I would have eaten if I would of had a small meal. Its just such a bad idea and not a habit anyone should be getting into.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information