User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Visited WalMart on Trinity last night to price match a few things. The price matching part went fine, but when I tried to use my coupons, I got from the supervisor "one or the other", I said that is riduculous and no where in the policy does it say one or the other. But they held their ground. So I left everything at the cash and drove to each store offering the sale price items. I have PM'ed at this Wal Mart tons of times and used coupons on the price matches before. I don't know if they got new word from HO, not to do this any more or not, he said it's considered "doubling". I will be contacting HO today.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They tried that with me yesterday, so I told the cashier to take the items off, that I price matched, she called the CSM and she said fine do it this one time. I had a huge crowd behind me in line, but I stood my ground. I told her, if they do not want my money, I will drive to giant Tiger and Co-Op (like 5 minutes away) and save my $10+ in coupons.

I would have absolutely no problem driving to Dieppe to shop at that WalMart...so bring it on! I already avoid Trinity SuperStore, and go to Main St anyway.

She said they have a new Manager, so I just said, I have the corporate policy in my hand, and that was when they put it through.

I only started couponing this year, and only price matched at WM for the first time last week (in Dieppe, with NO poblem using coupons) Unreal how it makes you feel when the cashier tells you the company should not price match (she said it was crazy and made her life harder) and then she added, (and they shouldn't do coupons either!) I joked around with her and said, "You really won't like me then!" This was before the part when I found out they are not doing the PM and coupons together. I stayed calm, thanked her at the end and left.

When I got home I checked my receipt...she still messed it up and missed a $3 coupon (one of the PMs) Now I am out the coupon :0(

I will be sending something to Head Office as well, for clarification on this. I want something in writting to give the CSM desk...it had helped for a few weeks after I gave them the policy I did have last month.

I hope this changes...or I will shop in Dieppe...for everything! lol
    Check out Moncton Coupon Lady on Facebook...I will try to update with deals in the local stores, as well as hosting coupon swaps and more fun Locally!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Just got off the phone with HO, they said there is no reason why they can not do both. It is two different things and they should be accepting both.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can they send you something in writing? I hope they contact the store and tell the Manager.
    Check out Moncton Coupon Lady on Facebook...I will try to update with deals in the local stores, as well as hosting coupon swaps and more fun Locally!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

If you get something in writing, pls let us know....as I am going to Moncton to shop next wk... (with my policy in hand as well lol)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

granny g you have to stay in ns..lol

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was at WalMart on Plaza Blvd yesterday too and the cashier gave me a really hard time about my coupons. And I wasn't even getting any great deals, I only had a few and they were totally legit coupons, mostly low values. I wasn't doing any price matches, no overages, no free items, no printables or anything! I was at the express checkouts and she spent at least 10 mins reading out loud every single word of the fine print on each coupon and comparing it with the products to make sure they matched exactly. Ugh! There was just no reason for it.

Management must have had a meeting with all the cashiers yesterday to be extra vigilant over us crazy coupon ladies!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The cashier I had yesterday was a lady with longer grey hair. I will avoid her in the future, she hated the idea of coupons and price matching...

If I worked there, I would be cheering on anyone coming in with coupons...for the effort we put in collecting them and matching them with sales, we should be able to save money for ourselves and our families!

I am going to contact WalMart as well about this, and hopefully get something back in writing.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer01 View Post
    granny g you have to stay in ns..lol

Got me visa to cross the border lol.. besides hubby will be paying for everything, We are going on Fri... then to the boonies for 3 days,,, and no smart source aaaggghhhh

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was there on Tuesday night and the Cashier told me that the manager had a meeting with all the cashiers and told them the following:

That they are not to accept competitors coupons.
    They are not to take photocopies of coupons.
    They aren't suppose to allow overages.
    They can't use more than one of the same coupon (I had 2 gilette buy 3 for $5).

And I politely educated her on what HO sent me regarding their coupon policy. And told her that her manager was full of . She wasn't giving me trouble and said that she thought it was absurd that they are changing the policy so much and put through everyone of my coupons in one transaction. She was an older grey hair lady LOL. Anyways. As soon as I got to the cash I told her I knew their policy inside and out and that I have a copy of it that was just sent that day from HO. SO maybe that is why she didn't give me trouble or the fact that I was the last customer of her day LOL.

Either way, I had just received the policy from HO and it seems as though this manager is making up their own rules. I am very assertive and loud and so I would make a scene until I get my way. Just remember, the cashiers are just following what the managers are telling them.

I don't see what the big deal is anyways, These retailers get full re-imbursements from the manufacture... I always say... Did you know that you taking money out of my pocket and doubling it for Wal-mart when you refuse to give me my overages? Because your 1. taking my coupon for $5.00 2. Just removing the sale cost of the item I bought instead of subtracting the full $5.00. and 3. Wal-mart receives FULL re-embursement at $5.00 even though you only removed the $4.00 from my cost...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i havent been in there since tuesday, but i always go in once a week and price match, use coupons and sometimes overages. i have never had any issues...yet! the cashiers have had to consult customer service on the overages a few times, but the customer service rep has always come over and approved everything with out any issues. I hope this clears up!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just sent this thread to my dad who is one of the assistant managers at that store. It surprises me that you all had to go through this. I've also worked at Wal-Mart years ago.
    I haven't heard anything new about coupons and for the whole doubling thing, it's strange that it happened because Wal-Mart wants you to shop at their store.
    I sent the email late last night so I'll find something out by tonight.
    I'll let you know the info when I get it. But from what I know they should be accepting coupons and giving you the price match too. As for overage I have no idea

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Chriscadia!

I saw the Ad Match commercial last night and paid attention to the wording. It said they are rolling back prices to offer the best prices in town, so you can shop at one store. They offer Ad Match to ensure you are getting the best prices locally.

Great, so I should be able to add my coupons to it and they will get that money back.

I can see store being careful with printable coupons, because there are fraudulent ones out there, but manufacturer, tearpad coupons should be honored.

Hopefully this will all get figured out. Unfortunately using 20 coupons for the same item to get it for free, only draws management's attention to the couponing, and I fear that is what has brought this on. We should be able to do it, as long as the coupon does not have any limitations, but the retailers are afraid of not getting their money back when they see this happening...it`s hard to say what will happen.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Alright, I've talked to my dad here's what he's said.
    No photocopies, printed off line is good, one coupon per item, can't use a *free* coupon on a product and use a bogo coupon too. (like you have a get a free pepsi coupon and also a bogo pepsi coupon - you have to buy one pepsi use the bogo with that one and get one free plus get another pepsi free with the other coupon) they don't price match bogos or the 2/5$ type (all those kinds of events). He told me they do end up losing money when they do price matches, but honestly Wal-Mart makes so much I'm sure it's not really bothering them haha.
    Also cashiers are on the watch for coupons that say that it is for a regular priced item too.
    He asked me for the link here, I had already sent it to him in a email so he's going to print it off and he told me he's bringing it with him tomorrow.
    I also asked him about overages, like right now their Colgate Total is on sale fo 0.98$ and I have a coupon for 1$ off, he told me that I'd get it no prob but they wouldn't give me 2cents back though. I'd end up buying more things then toothpaste anyway.
    I told him about how some of you have the policy, he said good. Dad loves that store he's always there and works so hard. He's always been fair and good with customers too. He wasn't too pleased that some of you got a hard time with coupons. I'm sure it's gonna be sorted out.
    Good job ladies!
    Last edited by Chriscadia; Fri, Jun 10th, 2011 at 05:59 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Thanks for talking to your dad Chriscadia, but it still doesn't answer the question of using a coupon on a item that has been priced matched.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information