User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why are plus size clothes so ugly?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is unbelievable how much plus size ladies still have to go through when we are a large portion of the population... but the good new is that things are changing.. slowly but very surely.

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Muscle weighs more than fat, the numbers don't mean anything. It's whatever is healthy for you and if you feel good.

Ricki's has some nice plus fashions now, I believe they carry up to 18, not everyone who is plus size wants to wear something ugly.

I never understood why they made such ugly clothes before for bigger ladies..... nothing like knocking down their self esteem more.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

If you ever shop in the states, go to Torrid.

Or, go to Torrid.com. Their clothing always fits amazing and you get jeans that fit in the waist and legs, not just waist and baggy potato sack legs which is the problem I always run into. Stuff is fair priced, affordable, they always have amazing sales & clearence and if you sign up for their points card thing you get some sort of % off.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

I lost 36 pounds and counting and have found some really good deals at Additionelle and penningtons lately. Check their out.
    bgheuchert likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are large size clothes for women out there that you can feel good wearing and look good while wearing them. So get out there and get the clothing you deserve.Nice post thanks for sharing.

Women Lingerie

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sadly, everything said here is true, not sure when the manufacturers are EVER going to catch up! I get a lot of my clothes made, not only am I plus sized but my proportions are so 'off' the chart... small waist and big bumper so not possible to wear the clothes in the stores. I use to be able to buy at Reitmans but they're failing miserably these days, probably going to open up my own store!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had the exact same sentiments. Why on earth is the clothing so ugly? And why is it that society makes you feel ashamed to go over to the plus size section? I put on some extra pounds and I was feeling really bad that I had to upsize to a size 16 for pants that would fit.

I find it extremely difficult to find pants that fit properly. I'm very short so I always have to hem them. If they fit at the waist then they're all 'potato sacky' on the legs. If the legs fit, then the waist is too small. Clothes shopping is always a frustrating experience!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Thats why I wear Old Navy boot cut yoga pants :O:D

But, I think I suggested before. If you're ever in the states and shop at Torrid, their brand of jeans (source of wisdom) fit like a glove! They have a high spandex % so they fit in all the right places. Once I lost some weight, my body shape was still the same and I have really toned, skinny legs and huge hips, and I found the jeans at garage fit me perfectly, and you can usually find some on clearance for $10-$13

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hate my fat all the time.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Actually local fat is also a big boresome business... i hate my waist and abdomen... Just try to visit more sites, there are still various pretty clothes, although just a few, a few!~

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

because large can't suit for body. It can's show your slender

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by brownfr View Post
    It is unbelievable how much plus size ladies still have to go through when we are a large portion of the population... but the good new is that things are changing.. slowly but very surely.
    Ugly!? I always find clothes I want then realize I'm in the plus size section Why must Walmart tease me like that
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just noticed urban planet got some stuff on their website and it looks good!! I hope that helps

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just had a look at the clothes at Urban Planet. They appear to be for the smaller end of the plus size....like size 12/14/16, not the 1X-3X that they say. The cuts of the clothes were not flattering especially considering the fabric it was made from.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

clothing makers think short and fat go together....so if you're a 52 waist and a 26 leg....you got er made....

lately additionelle and penningtons have had some nice clothes....i wish walmart carried decent stuff
    ....just be happy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information